Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
  1. #301
    Seen some great ideas here. but also some less great ideas. val'kyrs are angels of war. and there arent many of them if i remember correct. also i think sylvanas is the only one who would accept them. and for the four legged races. that might have been cool in vanilla but with flying mounts it just wont work. now as most people say. ogres are obviously for the horde. there are already some clans working with the horde. and they are not pretty or very smart. but its the horde we are talking about. we dont wear fancy suits and drink tea. And if lore allows Nagas to join alliance then i cant see why they cant be playable. for the legs and boots they simply make them skirts or make them sit tight around the tail. and the boots become rings at the end of the tail. and for the females with 4 arms. upper arms for melee animation and lower arms for casting animations. sitting/mounts. simply make them sit alittle sideways so the tail hang on either the left or the right side.

  2. #302
    High Overlord Elynis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Q Continuum
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Why don't they make sense? Because you don't want to? Neither did worgen before Cataclysm, they were savage beasts from another dimension.
    And looking at that list, actually 90% make sense.
    Worgen were created when Night Elf druids attempted to learn the wolf form, but their minds were overcome by the wolfs ferocity and they went wild. Malfurion captured them all and deposited them in the Emerald Dream in a magical sleep until a possible cure could be found. When the Emerald Nightmare started, the sleeping worgen were released.

    Or at least, that's about as much as I could read while trying to get through Wolfheart as fast as possible because it BURNED!!!!!!!! It was so baaaaaad! /scarred

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by Elynis View Post
    Worgen were created when Night Elf druids attempted to learn the wolf form, but their minds were overcome by the wolfs ferocity and they went wild. Malfurion captured them all and deposited them in the Emerald Dream in a magical sleep until a possible cure could be found. When the Emerald Nightmare started, the sleeping worgen were released.
    Isn't that the lore created to justify the worgen being playable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elynis View Post
    Or at least, that's about as much as I could read while trying to get through Wolfheart as fast as possible because it BURNED!!!!!!!! It was so baaaaaad! /scarred
    Knaak book, then? Haven't read any of the warcraft novels, but I've certainly heard about how bad his stuff is.

  4. #304
    Why are people speculating races that hate all the "lesser" races?

    Arrakoa? They tried to summon an Old God, and those who are good are allied to Shattrath. They've no reason to deviate.
    Naga? Hate eevrything that isn't Naga or allied to Azshara.
    Harpies? Probably the same as Naga.

    Some of the more senible ones are;

    Ethereal? Basically Outland's Goblins; they could very well join a faction or choose at level 10.
    Ogres? Some Ogres are allied with the Mok'Nathal Clan under Rexxar, a Champion of the Horde. They were also recruitable in the WC3 campaigns for Horde, so an easy Horde race.
    High Elves? I can understand for being an Alliance race but will they simply be blue-eyed Belfs? Same Racials? What about starting zone?

  5. #305
    Is this a 'could' or 'do'? Because if I could add a new race to the game, I wouldn't. The game already has plenty of neglected races (what up draenei/worgen).

    If I absolutely have to add a race to each faction, I'd make Draenei and Blood Elf neutral go-either-way races like Pandaren are.

  6. #306
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    There is a difference between "it doesn't fit logically" and "I don't like it". You're thinking of the latter.

    Storywise, Worgen joining the Alliance make sense. Goblins joining the Horde made sense long before that. It's Draenei and Blood Elves' reasons to join their respective factions that are rather iffy. Sure, blood elves had Sylvanas "invite" them, but then draenei joined because... they have nothing in common with the faction but similar religion shared with one of the races. It's like Morocco joining NATO because they're Muslims and the French are Christians.

    Gameplay wise, in all of those expansions a new race was always a fresh addition. If that depended on me, we'd have like four new races every expansion, just to have a lot of variety.

    Now, personally, I think prime candidates would be three races. Ogres for Horde and neutral Ethereals as player favourites, while Alliance would get Arakkoa as a counter-point to Ogres.
    taking ur advice given in ur first statement I say I like Arakkoa for alliance and Ogres for Horde and they would, at least to my understanding, make sense lorewise. However, Ethereals... hmm it's hard to imagine how much more different or how much more distinguishing could they be made in order for at least me to find them interesting. I mean, they are just gas bodies covered in paper -_^

  7. #307
    If the horde get anything before ogres I would be very very surprised. I really really want vrykul but Considering alliance and horde heroes beat them down they could be neutral. However they do it I want vryk on the alliance

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Ogres for Horde, talking rocks for the Alliance.
    I'd love to be a talking rock. I'd land on people, like Kirby does in SSBM.

    If we don't get rocks, mantid would be cool.

  9. #309
    Scarab Lord Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    4,472
    im for ogres/naga being with the horde.
    and etherals/ Vrykul going alliance.

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    And no, Naga wouldn't be Horde either. you think the Trolls would sit idly by and let their hated enemy join? The Amani left the Horde because of Blood Elves. Vol'jin and the Darkspear's entire plight was caused by Naga. They'd *never* associate themselves with the likes of Naga.
    The Blood Elves joined the Horde even though the Orcs killed thousands of them. Some races can change their policies. Most likely the Naga that would join a faction would be separated from Azshara so they wouldnt be the same ones that were fighting the Trolls.

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    First, it's not the Night Elves fault they are Naga, it's their own fault they are Naga. They brought it on themselves when they tried to destroy the world, commit genocide against their own people, and bring the Legion onto the planet and worship Sargeras as a God.
    The Naga would probably see it differently. The Night Elves prevented them from gaining Sargeras' power. The animosity between the two goes back farther than any other race, added to humans' racism against non-human looking races, is a much stronger deterrent to them joining the alliance. Basically Alliance is 2 major races against Naga while the horde is 1 minor race against Naga.

  11. #311
    Dreadlord Roangut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The pumpkin patch
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    ...
    High Elves? I can understand for being an Alliance race but will they simply be blue-eyed Belfs? Same Racials? What about starting zone?
    sure, why not?

    I personally don't care about the lore at all, but I think more customize options within each race would be nice. Each race has several varieties and I think it would be cool if we had access to be them. Doesn't require a major overhaul since our characters are largely independent of lore anyway. weren't the darkspear trolls suppose to have been pretty much wiped out except for the fact that a few hundred maybe were saved by Thrall, and the Worgen intro paints it like your character was lucky to have retained your mind when you became a worgen. Yet in both cases there are hundreds and thousands of trolls and worgen running around, so I think that adding some optional character styles wouldn't be that much of a stretch:

    Tauren/taunka/Yaungol
    Troll/forest trolls
    Forsaken/undead elves, tauren, etc.
    Orcs/Mag'har/Dragonmaw

    Night elf/highborn/high elf
    Dwarf/darkiron/frostborn/wildhammer
    Gnome/mechagnome/leaper gnome
    draenei/broken


    HONESTLY I think that they really don't need the faction lines that much, but that's just personal opinion. I mean, if a tauren or whatever swears loyalty to the King of SW, and proves his conviction then why the hell not? There are always members within a faction that aren't happy with their leader/situation and break off to join different factions, several even working with races that would have been enemies. While an Orc joining the alliance may be too much of a stretch, a Dragonmaw orc moving to orgrimar is far more plausible.
    Last edited by Roangut; 2013-01-12 at 11:31 PM.

  12. #312
    The Lightbringer Alceus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolf's' Den
    Posts
    3,625
    this is my idea of how to handle the next 'neutral' race. pretty raw and don't have a name for said race.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tral-race-idea
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!

  13. #313
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Why are people speculating races that hate all the "lesser" races?

    Arrakoa? They tried to summon an Old God, and those who are good are allied to Shattrath. They've no reason to deviate.
    Naga? Hate eevrything that isn't Naga or allied to Azshara.
    Harpies? Probably the same as Naga.

    Some of the more senible ones are;

    Ethereal? Basically Outland's Goblins; they could very well join a faction or choose at level 10.
    Ogres? Some Ogres are allied with the Mok'Nathal Clan under Rexxar, a Champion of the Horde. They were also recruitable in the WC3 campaigns for Horde, so an easy Horde race.
    High Elves? I can understand for being an Alliance race but will they simply be blue-eyed Belfs? Same Racials? What about starting zone?
    You know that most of those things can change...

    The nagas once were allied with the BE and demons so it can happen again, there can be a group of naga that for some reason separate from the others and join either faction (the alliance looking redemption or the Horde looking for a place to be accepted with old allies)

    Arakkoa... true what you say (but i think that old god is a different one not one of those we already know) and yeah they are allied with Shattrath but... everyone is allied with Shattrath, so they can easily join an specific faction or become a neutral race.

    Harpies..., Now that we have avianna back is more likely that there would appear harpies under her command, and in the end, she may join forces with the NE again.

    Note: also Blizz once said that they would like to see Nagas as a playable race
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-01-15 at 05:07 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •