Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We really need some armor dye

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 02:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Cross-character bank and gold like in D3.
    and this too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 02:12 AM ----------

and this too
    This one are the only cool thing ive seen so far. (I did NOT read some of the posters wall of text)

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 08:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Cross-character bank and gold like in D3.
    ^^ Would be really awesome aswell

I vote for these 2

Voice Acted Quest Text

TBH I loved the companions in SWTOR, it would be cool if they would implement something similar.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Sorry if someone said it (didn't read every post)

But something like the world events/Rifts from rift. It would cause people to go back to zones they otherwise wouldn't have.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    There is transmog though, there is no point in armor dye.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Public quests(what scenarios should have been imo), Combat like in tera, Legacy system like in SWTOR(could completely replace heirlooms), puzzle dungeons/caves(open world puzzles would've been nice but unfortunately flying mounts make that unlikely) where you get nice rewards for solving them puzzles ...

The only other MMO I ever played was Runescape (Sue me, its a fun relaxer) so I'll give it a shot.

Woodcutting and Woodworking - to make wood for wands, staves, polearms, bows, crossbows and doodads like Engineering

Quests that actually feel like quests (In WoW, a quest is kill 10 boars. In Runescape, a quest is map out a lost jungle, befriend the natives and venture into catacombs to defeat the demon corrupting the natives)

Player-owned housing obviously

Player-vs-player content that isn't just killing the other guys. Maybe like sports, board games, puzzles, defense of the ancients, mount racing etc. etc.

Dangerous landscape (Lava kills you in Runescape.. you can swim in it in WoW. RS dungeons have logical traps that need to be disarmed, avoided and navigated around, WoW is just running through a hallway killing mobs)

I'm not biased towards RS. I left it for WoW in a heartbeat. But if nostalgia serves me right Runescape had its moments where it really shined.

There's actually quite a few things I'd love to see:
    - From SWTOR:
    - PvP Resolve Bar. (dear gods, what I would give to have that in WoW...)
    - All classes having a baseline CC breaker skill - remove PvP CC breakers from trinkets
    - For all the bashing it got, I loved, Loved, LOVED the map design from Huttball - give us environmental hazards and more verticality in BGs!
    - On the topic of Huttball, I'd love to see something similar, but with Blizzard level of polish. So much fun...
    - Bigger BG brackets, but adding in normalizing of gear/stats.

- From TSW:
    - Investigation missions - give us some non-combat, cerebral quests to complete. Something to break up the "kill this, kill that" quest grind.

- From GW2:
    - Already been said, but still part of my wishlist - WvWvW. Heck, even a call back to old school AV, with a few more objectives to build up towards.
    - Personal gather nodes, and non-tagging of mobs. Would go a long way towards bringing the community back together, imo.

- From various other MMOs:
    - Mentoring system - down/up-levelling for content.
    - Player housing. I could sit there for hours, tweaking everything.
    - Guild housing/halls. With work, could function almost similar to a town hub - portals, vendors, smithies, anvils, etc.
    - Tying into the above 2 - Trophy hall/room - a place to display armors, weapons, heck, even achievements.

Legacy(Be a better way of working BoAs imo)/Companions/CrewSkills from SWTOR
    Trading Post/Less active abilities/Personalisation(Story and character creation) from GW2. Maybe B2P+gem store, but that might be asking too much for a game that's already so old.

Don't really play anything but I think those would be nice.

Deleted
    Personally I would love to see:

From Dark Age of Camelot:
    The PvP system (24/7 Battlegrounds)
    Guild / Player Housing
    Armour / Weapon dyes
    The Graphics. For a mmorpg that is over 10 years old and still going very strong, the graphics are so much better especially in the capital cities

Combat telegraphs from Wildstar.

Double jumping from Wildstar.

Enemy NPCS that do friendly fire to each other like Wildstar.

An environment that can damage both players and NPCs like Wildstar, so you can lure enemies into dynamic situations like a man eating plants or lava.

The real time combat of Tera in WOW would be too good to dare to even dream.

I want real modeled floating clouds in every zone. Seeing a cloud above your head like in Uldum instead of nothing but a skybox floating in infinity makes the world feel more like a virtual reality. More clouds, more clouds more CLOUDS! What sucks is WOW already has clouds, like in Uldum, but we keep getting skyboxes instead. Clouds and skyboxes should work together.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

More variations of public questing, be it like War or a bit more like GW2's events. Either way, public quests/events are funtimes.

I would love to see a player housing system like in Archeage ( a korean MMO in beta) which yogscast did some videos on. being able to build a house wherever you want and of different sizes would be awesome, also being able to build your own boat is a really cool feature. Maybe we could have something like a guild ship which everyone in the guild helps to get materials for and then build. Just anything with building houses and customizing would be nice, I remember when i use to play RS i spent a lot of time just working on the construction profession to build up my house more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    well AOE loot finally came from Rift.
    Wrong, AoE looting came from FFXI before it came from rift.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Houses. I know they can't do it Ultima Online style where everyone actually gets their own strip of land in a real world or Azeroth would look like China, but there's still several different ways they could do it. I know it wouldn't be the greatest thing in the world but frankly I just don't see a downside to it and therefore cannot figure out why Blizzard hasn't tried it yet.

Oh and another thing to steal from Ultima Online, dye tubs. Blizzard's response to this a long time ago was something like "We don't want players to be able to dye their gear and have it look cool, they should have to earn it." That's a shitty, lazy excuse, especially considering (assuming you have at least 1 high level toon) you can go out and solo shit that drops cool looking loot and transmog it. Just give us fucking dye tubs already! The housing I can wait for but I better hear word of them putting in some fucking dye tubs soon I've been patient!
    Last edited by Radoria; 2013-01-03 at 08:17 AM.

I'd love to see FFXI's complete disregard and eventual abandonment of PvP in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Wrong, AoE looting came from FFXI before it came from rift.
    Uh, having it show up suddenly in your inventory (or loot pool), requiring no action other than killing something isn't AoE looting. If that was the case, Dragon Quest had to be one of the first with AoE looting..

Deleted
    Puzzles me why most of you guys don't play rift. loads of the key things you ask for are in the game. like player/guild housing, dyes, aoe looting, 3 faction zone pvp, public questing etc.. and its basically WoW 2.0 lol.

Deleted
    The space battles from SWTOR.

Navi's from Zelda.

Hey! Listen!