Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    weeell, I don't really wanna see them borrow from other MMO's; except maybe, if its allowed, they could borrow ALOT from TBC and WOTLK. If that's not too much to ask..
    Horde has Paladins.

Arenas still exist.

Bring the Player, not the Class.

Achivement system.

Dual-Specs.

10/25 man Lockouts.

Heroic Difficulty for both Dungeons and Raids.

Flying Mounts.

Justice, Conquest and Valor Points.

Dailies for people that don't raid or like alternative forms of progression.

I can go on, but feel I have addressed this whine.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    The first mmo game i ever played in very very olden days was City of Villains. The thing i really loved about this game in particular was the guild bases. I think this thing could work in wow, actually things they did in those bases apart from decoration and stuff is showing off feats of the guild. SW and ORG do thesame with marks like the heart of deathwing and stuff. With the personal phases like the farm i don't see technical issues either

Hmm I would like to see
    -Dynamic events like in GW2 and Rift
    -Real weather, seasons and day/night cycles.
    -Minions and class stories like in SWTOR
    -Player housing like LOTRO
    -Fun and silly skills like instrument playing like LOTRO
    -better customization (armor and character) like just about every other MMO
    -Legacy system like SWTOR

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Open mob tagging for your faction, like just about every game.
    -Player housing like Rift
    -PvE in general like Rift. Reward you for every activity you do...let it be transferred to your alts, etc. Variety variety variety.
    -Character customization like Tera.
    -Build the leveling on a class basis, borrowing from many different games here.
    -Armor dyes like GW2. I can't repeat this enough. This plus transmog lets you actually be what you want. Put in a new secondary profession to make the dyes or add them to inscription, idc.

Up to date textures and animations...although WoW animations are often superior to those of new mmorpgs, I'd like them to borrow the concept of new and up-to-date in Blizzard ways.

I'd also like it if they added the downscaling from GW2, but it should be optional.

The combat systems of new mmorpgs, the art styles, the world mechanics etc etc = stuff I would NOT want for WoW. I love WoW for what it is, otherwise I'd be playing the other mmo's.

Here's a few things I'd like to see from other MMOs:
    - Dynamic events (Rift / GW2).
    - Customizable UI (Rift / GW2)
    - Account-wide bank (D3).
    - Support specs (Rift). For example a holy dps priest with aoe healing (chloromancer-like), an off-tank warlock with specific pet, a paladin battle-healer, etc...
    - LFG/LFR based a main stat (int, spi, agi, str) and no more on ilvl (Rift).

What I'd like to see:
    - Having all the old content (MC, BWL, AQ, etc...) available as Heroic or players sent back to lvl60 via CoT.
    - Guild housing with shelves and trophies about the guild accomplishments.
    - Updated undead, orc, tauren, trolls, humans, gnomes, dwarves and night elves textures.
    - Gear sets being colored depending the spec (firemage = red, frostmage = blue, etc...).
    - Scenarios based on characters lore.
    - A capital that can be attacked and held by a faction for a week (i.e.) with all you need (npc, portals, etc...) that you can obtain after a huge PvP fight (like Tol Barad).

I don't know if legacy would work. I'm not seeing an undead mage and tauren hunter in the same "family".

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    6 recolors can't cover the massive color spectrum, and it's really only like 3 per. Also, not everyone likes the color blizzard gives either.
    It's not going to happen. Blizzard's textures are supposed to look completely hand painted, right out of a Samwise painting. No game has a dye system that looks natural in this way that I've seen. Not Rift, not Warhammer, not GW2. Their textures end up looking slightly over saturated, the gradients look artificial, and there are often artifacts in the pixels that stand out when they put a color tint over the armor.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Wrong, AoE looting came from FFXI before it came from rift.
    I thought it came from Diablo 2.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's not been said; Hooded Cloaks, like in LOTRO

a skill requirement.
    HOHO
    Nah but seriously, wow is kinda dying... In my opinion, np if u like it. I just dont anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    It's not going to happen. Blizzard's textures are supposed to look completely hand painted, right out of a Samwise painting. No game has a dye system that looks natural in this way that I've seen. Not Rift, not Warhammer, not GW2. Their textures end up looking slightly over saturated, the gradients look artificial, and there are often artifacts in the pixels that stand out when they put a color tint over the armor.
    At this point I'd rather have the customization over everything you described, although I don't argue any of your points. It's just a price I'd be willing to pay. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I thought it came from Diablo 2.
    Didn't loot just fall all over the place and then each item had to be individually clicked to pick it up, on a first come first served basis?

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing I'd like to see most would be Swtor's Legacy system, It was by far the most fun mechanic in Swtor.

Basically when you hit ~20/30 you'd get to give your characters a family name, which would be shared by all the characters on your account, NOTE: not your battlenet, just the single account.

You then get "Legacy Experience" and as your levels go up you unlock a variety of "Legacy Perks" such as increased experience, reputation and flight speed for ALL characters in that Legacy.

This would also be a great way to solve the Hierloom problem as the XP gain from Hierlooms would be tied to the Legacy, not the gear and thus would be accessible by any alt on that Legacy.

You also get some crossover of abilites. When you get each class to the cap you get one "Iconic" move, from that classes abilites, but on a very long CD.

using the Swtor moves as an example, when I got my Sith Assassin to level 50 I unlocked "Force Storm" a lightning based AoE on a (fairly hefty) 10 min CD for all my non sith Assassin characters.

Oh, also, add coloured loot sparkles, so you know if the corpses have anything worth looting on
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30