Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How to solo KT as rogue?

I do fine until i face the 4 advisors as once then I cant get even 1 hit in because im stunned for the entire fight...

I just pop all cooldowns (offensive and defensive) and try to kill Capernian ASAP. Have a recup ticking as well.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Did you not read? I could not even get 1 hit because I was stunned for the ENTIRE fight. Not even 1 melee hit I managed to dish out.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't, atleast in average gear at this point. Maybe in heroic raid gear. Next patch you should be able to if you push it. Def the patch after. I do it every week with my brother and atleast one of us dies. You just have to bring a friend to get it down.

Sigh kt is kel'thuzad not that blood elf
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-01-02 at 11:27 PM.
    Aye mate

Hate to sound stupid here but, doesn't one spec of Rogue have that "Teleport behind them and continuously attack repeatedly" skill? It seems you should be able to burn her down fast enough to kite the rest.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    I do fine until i face the 4 advisors as once then I cant get even 1 hit in because im stunned for the entire fight...
    You basically have to employ a different strategy. The one I recommend is, pull KT and run out of his room and run back to the entrance to the raid. Eventually the guy with the Warrior T5 will get there.. hes very slow. Kill him right at the entrance. Wait for the next dude to comeout, he is the paladinish guy. Kill him right at the entrance to. Then run to the circle where Alar fight takes place and kill the chick caster. Then spring back to KT's room (you won be able to enter but just hang out in the hallway) Kill the last dude, then all weapons spawn.. kill them. Now you will be able to solo all the advisers. Time your CD's to kill the first guy, since the faster he goes down the better.. and your cloak for the chick.

Sounds like you are killing things too fast and not employing enough strategy. Start out by bringing the 1st two advisors to the entrance of the room, kill Capernian near Kaelthas, or against a wall, and lastly kill the engineer near the first 2 guys. Don't kill him until you have ~20 seconds left on remote toy. Next in phase 2, kill the weapons, you should lose your remote toy debuff before phase 3 starts. Make sure to stand on Capernian, pop everything you have to get her down in under 5 seconds while under the effect of cloak of shadows, that way she isn't able to disorient or knock you back.

Once you've done this, fight should be cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    You basically have to employ a different strategy. The one I recommend is, pull KT and run out of his room and run back to the entrance to the raid. Eventually the guy with the Warrior T5 will get there.. hes very slow. Kill him right at the entrance. Wait for the next dude to comeout, he is the paladinish guy. Kill him right at the entrance to. Then run to the circle where Alar fight takes place and kill the chick caster. Then spring back to KT's room (you won be able to enter but just hang out in the hallway) Kill the last dude, then all weapons spawn.. kill them. Now you will be able to solo all the advisers. Time your CD's to kill the first guy, since the faster he goes down the better.. and your cloak for the chick.
    Tried this, worked fine.

thanks a lot =)

Rogues have been able to solo Kael since mid Cata', at level 90 he should be a cakewalk. The way I and a ton of other rogues soloed him was to kite his lieutenants all over the raid instance. After the pull, run the very entrance of the raid kill the first two guys there. Run back to Alar's room and wait for Capernian to make an appearance, she should run out of the left archway when she does run up the right ramp and back to the entrance to Kael's room this is where you burn her. After she is dead run to Solarians room and kill Telonicus here. After Telonicus is dead run back towards Kael's room pop smokebomb and BF them down, run to Capernian. This is where the running all over pays off. Kill Capernian fast (pvp trinket can help). Telonicus is next and shouldnt be a problem, then Sanguinar and finally Thaladred. You should kill them before a 2nd appears. After that its just Kael and he is easy. Loot the Cosmic Infuser and equip when you pop recup for a 30 sec fire resistance buff. If this was too much to read just youtube it.

Split the adds up and take them one at a time

first 2 near the entrance to the instance
    The mage near the stairs and the engineer near the room with the reaver

so when they all get rezzed you can hit them one at a time then burn your cds on kael then when he is at 50 percent its a free kill

I haven't tried since Cata, but it's extremely difficult for a Rogue. You have to have a good understanding of how all the mechanics work because there is a buttload of CC in the fight and if you just run in there like a hero you're toast. What Neo said is good advice, it's pretty much the old blood DK solo strat. The fight is long and frustrating and one mistake spells your doom.

If I remember right back in Cata I managed to take care of the advisers after a lot of tedious practice, but KT would always wear me down. Not even with special abilities, he just did more damage than I could recup/evasion/CR. With a MoP hit pool and decent gear that would probably not be an issue now. I'm guessing.

The one advantage Rogues have is that with no pets or bloodworms or anything, you don't have to worry about that damn MC mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Hate to sound stupid here but, doesn't one spec of Rogue have that "Teleport behind them and continuously attack repeatedly" skill? It seems you should be able to burn her down fast enough to kite the rest.
    Killing Spree doesn't make you immune to stuns and doesn't deal nearly enough damage to kill anything on its own, especially not raid bosses.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 11:40 PM ----------

Tried this, worked fine.

thanks a lot =)
    Oh congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Tried this, worked fine.

thanks a lot =)
    NP mate, its a pain in the ass.. but gets the job done.

So, what I do is...

Kill Thaladred, Telonicus, and Sanguinar ON the platform in phase 1 and I'll kill Capernian at the back of the room. After I kill the weapons, I'll go to the back of the room. Towards the end of his (KT's) little speech, I'll pop synapse springs and blood fury (if you're orc) then I'll cloak right before they spawn. you have to do this otherwise you'll get the littlefireball thing and use killing spree the second she spawns. I kill her in one killing spree and the rest are easy. For me, I'll kill Telonicus, then Sanguinar, then Thaladred. I'll kite Thaladred using Shuriken Toss conservatively to get points for recup (not that you really need it for KT at that point but it's helpful). Lemme know if I can clear anything up but this makes this fight a joke.

<3
    Moulin

What, i do it every week as mut and combat whatever i am at that point. I have only lfr and pvp gear (ilvl 486) and have no problems wear a pvp trinket ->profit.

i pull them all together turn on BF and KS them to death :> not a big problem and i have an ilvl of 491
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    i pull them all together turn on BF and KS them to death :> not a big problem and i have an ilvl of 491
    I call bullshit.

You can't do that as a rogue as you'd be stunned for the entire fight unless you use the tactic Neo wrote.

Deleted
    I call bullshit.

You can't do that as a rogue as you'd be stunned for the entire fight unless you use the tactic Neo wrote.
    I've just done that a few minutes ago. Really, just turned on BF and used KS as soon as possible on the mage. The shield-wielder died just after; the two others 10 seconds later. I bursted down KT to 50% thanks to AR+SB: he didn't even stun me once nor did he had time to call his phoenixes. Really dead simple with a bit of gear (mostly LFR+Normal MV, 490 iLvl).

have you ever heard of CoS or smokebomb ? do i realy have to record a video? IT IS possible you just have to avoid the fire disorient from the mage even if you get the stun thing your good to go against KT just use shiv and potions i've been doing this for 2 months now
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    I call bullshit.

Sorry but it is true. Even I can do it with ilvl 474'ish or something. Did ages with that tactic to spread the advisors around the Keep, but one time tried "oh what the heck" and bursted them down almost inside a Killing Spree with BF up. Now 5.2. will nerf BF quite a bit so we'll see if it's still manageable, but at the moment it is very much so.

Edit; and as Koji above said, Smokebomb does wonders against Capernian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRaI-cR-lDU

This strategy makes that fight trivial for any class.