Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    For my purposes it's just fine, but I appreciate your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by at05gt View Post
    For my purposes it's just fine, but I appreciate your opinion.
    just save that money for future rig (upgrades) imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    just save that money for future rig (upgrades) imo
    I have a decent job and no bills, what do I need to save for?
    Also if I do upgrade in the future I can put the H50 in my server, so it won't be a wasted purchase.
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by at05gt View Post
    I have a decent job and no bills, what do I need to save for?
    Also if I do upgrade in the future I can put the H50 in my server, so it won't be a wasted purchase.
    It's always a good idea to save a bunch of money.

You might get unemployed, your apartment/house may suddenly burn down, something serious happens and you need a fast airplane ticket to a place.

I put 10% of my earnings towards a saving account, last time I spent money from that was I bought my laptop, bought a 256GB SSD to it, instead of the 5400RPM HDD.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    It's always a good idea to save a bunch of money.

You might get unemployed, your apartment/house may suddenly burn down, something serious happens and you need a fast airplane ticket to a place.

I put 10% of my earnings towards a saving account, last time I spent money from that was I bought my laptop, bought a 256GB SSD to it, instead of the 5400RPM HDD.
    I like to live on the edge.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 08:53 PM ----------

Temps dropped 15 deg, went from idle temp of 90 ish and load temp of 105, to idle of 75 and load of 90. Not bad for 30 bucks and some fans I was gonna buy anyways.
    I just wired the pump directly to 12v off the power supply with a molex adapter, and my push pull fans are hooked to channels 1 and 2 of my fan controller. I did have to remove the top side mount fan, because of a clearance issue when the rad is mounted with both fans. Seems to be working well. Prime 95ed for a few hours earlier and the temps never went over 110.

Temps all f btw.

I really need to remember to take pictures when I'm doing stuff.
    Last edited by at05gt; 2013-01-19 at 05:01 AM.