the 29th December Eu Wow Outage

My heading says 29 but I meant 26 I think, I know it was a Saturday O.o

Just curious to know what ended up being the reason that it went down, throughout the day I randomy checked the official forum for updates which was growing by like 10 pages per second or something stupid like that.

Also if you were affected by it, what did you end up doing that day?
    Last edited by The Small Hours; 2013-01-03 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Correcting the date

I played other games.

And I guess it was some retarded technical issues that is half on their part, but they blamed it on the ISP's or something.

But what do I know.

Deleted
    No idea. Gamers (including myself) have short attention spans. They flood the forum with complaints and "I'm gonna unsub" and other demands/insults when they can't play.

As soon as the servers up they shut their mouths and just get on playing and seem to forget the threats they gave not more than 1 hour before.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    but they blamed it on the ISP's or something.
    The issue was on Telias' end. Their Europe "Network partner"

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    No idea. Gamers (including myself) have short attention spans. They flood the forum with complaints and "I'm gonna unsub" and other demands/insults when they can't play.

As soon as the servers up they shut their mouths and just get on playing and seem to forget the threats they gave not more than 1 hour before.

Lol that is the truth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post

The issue was on Telias' end. Their Europe "Network partner"
    100% correct. but mostly the idiot gamers do that

Think it was Telia, everyone's favourite root cause of EU server troubles. Probably a routing table thing, meaning you could connect to parts of the network OK, but others wouldn't ever answer you. And because it was over the Christmas break, there was likely only a skeleton crew around to fix anything.