Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What GC meant was that you need to pace the consumption of content or the players will eat it all up in mere weeks after its release, which will not last in the long run if you want any meaningful content. As much as I dislike TBC, one of its strengths was that a lot of the content did not become obsolete during the course of the expansion. MoP has taken this to heart when designing the content while not making the same mistakes done in TBC.

Besides, how the heck does your interpretation make any lick of sense when looking at patch 5.1 and 5.2? As well as promises of even faster releases of patches of similar calliber as the ones we know about thus far?
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-01-04 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    GC seems to be operating under the misconception that people finish content when they are fully geared when people actually finish content when they kill the last boss at whatever difficulty level they're interested in. Any gearing runs after that is just grinding!
    WoW has always been like this. For me it has always been the great experience of the boss battles that have made me raid, and not the gear. For people like me the content hasn't been fully consumed until the Heroic version of the encounter goes down, and to reach that either craves for you to grind gear a lot or wait for the content to get outdated. Grinding gear from raids isn't boring, if you can't stand doing a boss more than once, twice or thrice, then raiding shouldn't be for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I think it's more that hopefully they're reaching a certain point of understanding that "grind gear to get more gear," isn't really a sustainable game design. I'd also say they need to slow leveling way the fuck down and make the game as much about 1-89 as it is about 90.
    Slowing down the leveling would be pointless and more of an annoyance unless they made sure that it was worthwhile to wait to get to max level. As it is now, that is definitely not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Slowing down the leveling would be pointless and more of an annoyance unless they made sure that it was worthwhile to wait to get to max level. As it is now, that is definitely not the case.
    I think that is exactly what pizzaSHARK is talking about. Leveling should be more worthwhile. Blizzard has made leveling better over the pase expansions, however - not enough. They need to be a bit more revolutionary if they want leveling to compete with endgame as something people enjoy. Currently, leveling is just a gate for a lot of people because you have to do it, and it can be done blindfolded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    @StardawnFR If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

This is a reply from GC on twitter.

So how I feel about this? They want us to use everything as much as possible, even if it gets old and boring before new content.. What is this? I just can't understand how we can take this..

Thoughts on this?
    Way to twist what he said...

GC meant that the dev team CAN'T make content fast enough for the pace that some people want to play at.
    Also if they burst through say 5.0 content in a month then the new 5.2 raid patch will have been far too late so people would have quit already.

In all it's what mmorpg's like to call progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    How does 19 words get so misinterpreted it ends up as 18 pages?
    I'm asking myself the same question..

Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    Blizzard has a team devoted to WoW , just like they do to SC and Diablo and Titan, etc. They aren't pulling devs off WoW to make other games. Why do you think they're always hiring?
    Pretty sure they did a few years ago.

Deleted
    I feel sorry for the OP, he misunderstood GC tweet.

and then he made fun of himself by posting lots of comments that hardly held any water.
    but atleast he's stubborn enough too believe he's right even though he's wrong.

now let's enjoy our filler content which isnt filler content!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    What GC meant was that you need to pace the consumption of content or the players will eat it all up in mere weeks after its release, which will not last in the long run if you want any meaningful content. As much as I dislike TBC, one of its strengths was that a lot of the content did not become obsolete during the course of the expansion. MoP has taken this to heart when designing the content while not making the same mistakes done in TBC.

Besides, how the heck does your interpretation make any lick of sense when looking at patch 5.1 and 5.2? As well as promises of even faster releases of patches of similar calliber as the ones we know about thus far?
    The only reason why people where doing the old stuff for the entire TBC expansion was because most of them never got passed tier 4 or mid tier 5. Guilds fell apart and people had to start doing the old raids over again because there new guild wasn't ready yet.

And after the sunwell patch people started playing more with alts so they all started doing kara again.

Holy crap what is this nonsense.

If OP had his way, they'd release all 3-4 tiers at once. Then once all the world first guilds cleared the first tier, he'd demand that they release a 5 man to get the second to last tier. Then he'd finish the last tier and complain there was no content. /o/

Have you played any other expansion?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Do people honestly think that content are made overnight? That just cause it takes you 1h do to dailies, it takes Blizzard an hour to create them?

Deleted
    It can take an hour to make a pizza, but it takes 5 minutes to eat it. They can't create content as fast as one completes it.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I think that is exactly what pizzaSHARK is talking about. Leveling should be more worthwhile. Blizzard has made leveling better over the pase expansions, however - not enough. They need to be a bit more revolutionary if they want leveling to compete with endgame as something people enjoy. Currently, leveling is just a gate for a lot of people because you have to do it, and it can be done blindfolded.
    they have not made levelling better. they have made it quicker. they have made it easier. they have made it more linear. they have removed any possible player interaction during levelling by removing group quests. they have neutered all the monsters in the outside world, removing all sense of danger. Blizzard are responsible for creating their own problems; by making levelling such a quick, brainless exercise, they have encouraged people to simply "get through it". which leaves everyone at top level, looking for something to do. which then leaves Blizzard having to create multiple gated grinds to keep people occupied.

tbh, at this point the biggest waste of resources in WoW is the time spent creating the levelling zones and quests. they arent a game in any sense; they require no skill, no intelligence, they arent fun. for the next expansion they might as well put in a "make me level 95" button in the capital cities, then point people in the direction of the first rep grind or scenario or instance. then maybe they would have enough resources to be able to create more genuine top level content, instead of just another bunch of dailies.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you hear him say that he CBA making new content? Man, Don't be that kind of fanboy >_>

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    My thoughts on this? I feel bad for the guy. This is exactly what he means by people overanalyzing everything he says.
    Absolutely agree 1000%. The best thing GC could do would be delete his twitter account. He could tweet "Ouch. Stomach is gurgling, lunch may have been bad" and 5 mins later there is a thread somewhere about "What GC really meant was he cannot stomach how much the game sucks and how it is all his fault".

Really people? Relying on Twitter to be in context is like assuming your mom was a virgin til she met yer dad. Assumption is the mother of all F*** ups - Under Siege 2. Stop trying to over analyze everything Greg says and just enjoy the damn game

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 07:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    How does 19 words get so misinterpreted it ends up as 18 pages?
    I wonder the same thing myself.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 07:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    I feel sorry for the OP, he misunderstood GC tweet.

and then he made fun of himself by posting lots of comments that hardly held any water.
    but atleast he's stubborn enough too believe he's right even though he's wrong.

now let's enjoy our filler content which isnt filler content!
    Every GC tweet seems to end up in misconception somehow.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    @StardawnFR If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

This is a reply from GC on twitter.

So how I feel about this? They want us to use everything as much as possible, even if it gets old and boring before new content.. What is this? I just can't understand how we can take this..

Thoughts on this?
    My thoughts on this ? If you could get your BiS gear on the same day you dinged 90...the game would become boring WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY faster then it already is

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    they have not made levelling better. they have made it quicker. they have made it easier. they have made it more linear. they have removed any possible player interaction during levelling by removing group quests. they have neutered all the monsters in the outside world, removing all sense of danger. Blizzard are responsible for creating their own problems; by making levelling such a quick, brainless exercise, they have encouraged people to simply "get through it". which leaves everyone at top level, looking for something to do. which then leaves Blizzard having to create multiple gated grinds to keep people occupied.

tbh, at this point the biggest waste of resources in WoW is the time spent creating the levelling zones and quests. they arent a game in any sense; they require no skill, no intelligence, they arent fun. for the next expansion they might as well put in a "make me level 95" button in the capital cities, then point people in the direction of the first rep grind or scenario or instance. then maybe they would have enough resources to be able to create more genuine top level content, instead of just another bunch of dailies.
    It sound like you were not around in TBC. Group quests became impossible to do because no one grouped up while questing. Blizzard made the change because of the player base. Not the other way around.

And linear questing allows for story telling that was not previously possible. TBC and Vanilla quests were complete garbage because they were so disjointed and could not tell a good story.

Questing is far superior today than it was back in Vanilla or TBC. There are a ton more things implemented beyond the standard kill this/collect that. MoP has taken it to another level, which is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Er LOL what? You complain about Temple and Gate using the same assets and say TBC had 15 new dungeons? You mean like the three Hellfire dungeons that all use the same assets, the FOUR boring as fuck Auchindoun dungeons that all look identical, the three in Coilfang and the three in Netherstorm? Plus the two CoT dungeons which reused existing ZONES? Are you freaking kidding?

TBC had 4 dungeon "hubs" in which they basically split one dungeon into 3-4. They took the concept from Scarlet Monastery to its natural extreme. Later expansions tried to remedy the issue a bit by making individual dungeons more distinct from one another, even in a single dungeon complex.

P.S. Leveling through TBC dungeons is one of the most boring parts of creating a new toon, FWIW.
    You expect any form of perspective thought from someone who blindly looks at numbers of dungeons?

Same was often argued during Cata about the amount of bosses. I wonder how much content Blizzard could produce if they could go back to making every single boss an upscaled blood elf with one mechanic.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

We were promised faster patching inn Cataclysme. And I think we all know what that got us...

Nothing new will happen for MOP.

Also the grinds inn MOP aint grinds, its gated content to make you log on daylie to do a little bit of grinding, or you'll fall behind the rest, making you feel forced to do these repetive things every day/week. Bring back the true mob-kill grinds that took hours (10, 50, 100 hours etc), but when you we're done you did it as you're own phase, and you feel great.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    It sound like you were not around in TBC. Group quests became impossible to do because no one grouped up while questing. Blizzard made the change because of the player base. Not the other way around.

And linear questing allows for story telling that was not previously possible. TBC and Vanilla quests were complete garbage because they were so disjointed and could not tell a good story.

Questing is far superior today than it was back in Vanilla or TBC. There are a ton more things implemented beyond the standard kill this/collect that. MoP has taken it to another level, which is great.
    I think it is unfair to blame the player base for the removal of group quests, if you leveled at the start of TBC there was absolutely no problem finding a group it was only after initial rush was over that it became difficult to find groups to complete them. The players cannot be blamed that after reaching max level there is no need for them to venture out into the world.

Questing is almost the same as it was before the old world was redone, 90% of the quests are exactly the same as they were before. Whilst prior to Cata there was not much consistency in the story it is still just as bad, you have quests that tell the story of Illidan's demise only to enter the Outlands where he he is still alive and kicking, the same with the Lich King and Deathwing. The expansions being set in different time period is a poor excuse for the jumbled plot and makes for a confusing journey for a new player.