Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    My thoughts on this? I feel bad for the guy. This is exactly what he means by people overanalyzing everything he says.
    Absolutely agree 1000%. The best thing GC could do would be delete his twitter account. He could tweet "Ouch. Stomach is gurgling, lunch may have been bad" and 5 mins later there is a thread somewhere about "What GC really meant was he cannot stomach how much the game sucks and how it is all his fault".

    Really people? Relying on Twitter to be in context is like assuming your mom was a virgin til she met yer dad. Assumption is the mother of all F*** ups - Under Siege 2. Stop trying to over analyze everything Greg says and just enjoy the damn game

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 07:22 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    How does 19 words get so misinterpreted it ends up as 18 pages?
    I wonder the same thing myself.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 07:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    I feel sorry for the OP, he misunderstood GC tweet.

    and then he made fun of himself by posting lots of comments that hardly held any water.
    but atleast he's stubborn enough too believe he's right even though he's wrong.

    now let's enjoy our filler content which isnt filler content!
    Every GC tweet seems to end up in misconception somehow.

  2. #362
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    @StardawnFR If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

    This is a reply from GC on twitter.

    So how I feel about this? They want us to use everything as much as possible, even if it gets old and boring before new content.. What is this? I just can't understand how we can take this..

    Thoughts on this?
    My thoughts on this ? If you could get your BiS gear on the same day you dinged 90...the game would become boring WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY faster then it already is

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    they have not made levelling better. they have made it quicker. they have made it easier. they have made it more linear. they have removed any possible player interaction during levelling by removing group quests. they have neutered all the monsters in the outside world, removing all sense of danger. Blizzard are responsible for creating their own problems; by making levelling such a quick, brainless exercise, they have encouraged people to simply "get through it". which leaves everyone at top level, looking for something to do. which then leaves Blizzard having to create multiple gated grinds to keep people occupied.

    tbh, at this point the biggest waste of resources in WoW is the time spent creating the levelling zones and quests. they arent a game in any sense; they require no skill, no intelligence, they arent fun. for the next expansion they might as well put in a "make me level 95" button in the capital cities, then point people in the direction of the first rep grind or scenario or instance. then maybe they would have enough resources to be able to create more genuine top level content, instead of just another bunch of dailies.
    It sound like you were not around in TBC. Group quests became impossible to do because no one grouped up while questing. Blizzard made the change because of the player base. Not the other way around.

    And linear questing allows for story telling that was not previously possible. TBC and Vanilla quests were complete garbage because they were so disjointed and could not tell a good story.

    Questing is far superior today than it was back in Vanilla or TBC. There are a ton more things implemented beyond the standard kill this/collect that. MoP has taken it to another level, which is great.

  4. #364
    The Lightbringer MasterHamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Er LOL what? You complain about Temple and Gate using the same assets and say TBC had 15 new dungeons? You mean like the three Hellfire dungeons that all use the same assets, the FOUR boring as fuck Auchindoun dungeons that all look identical, the three in Coilfang and the three in Netherstorm? Plus the two CoT dungeons which reused existing ZONES? Are you freaking kidding?

    TBC had 4 dungeon "hubs" in which they basically split one dungeon into 3-4. They took the concept from Scarlet Monastery to its natural extreme. Later expansions tried to remedy the issue a bit by making individual dungeons more distinct from one another, even in a single dungeon complex.

    P.S. Leveling through TBC dungeons is one of the most boring parts of creating a new toon, FWIW.
    You expect any form of perspective thought from someone who blindly looks at numbers of dungeons?

    Same was often argued during Cata about the amount of bosses. I wonder how much content Blizzard could produce if they could go back to making every single boss an upscaled blood elf with one mechanic.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    Weight lost since 21st of June: 62kg/~136lb

  5. #365
    We were promised faster patching inn Cataclysme. And I think we all know what that got us...

    Nothing new will happen for MOP.

    Also the grinds inn MOP aint grinds, its gated content to make you log on daylie to do a little bit of grinding, or you'll fall behind the rest, making you feel forced to do these repetive things every day/week. Bring back the true mob-kill grinds that took hours (10, 50, 100 hours etc), but when you we're done you did it as you're own phase, and you feel great.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    It sound like you were not around in TBC. Group quests became impossible to do because no one grouped up while questing. Blizzard made the change because of the player base. Not the other way around.

    And linear questing allows for story telling that was not previously possible. TBC and Vanilla quests were complete garbage because they were so disjointed and could not tell a good story.

    Questing is far superior today than it was back in Vanilla or TBC. There are a ton more things implemented beyond the standard kill this/collect that. MoP has taken it to another level, which is great.
    I think it is unfair to blame the player base for the removal of group quests, if you leveled at the start of TBC there was absolutely no problem finding a group it was only after initial rush was over that it became difficult to find groups to complete them. The players cannot be blamed that after reaching max level there is no need for them to venture out into the world.

    Questing is almost the same as it was before the old world was redone, 90% of the quests are exactly the same as they were before. Whilst prior to Cata there was not much consistency in the story it is still just as bad, you have quests that tell the story of Illidan's demise only to enter the Outlands where he he is still alive and kicking, the same with the Lich King and Deathwing. The expansions being set in different time period is a poor excuse for the jumbled plot and makes for a confusing journey for a new player.

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Okey, so people start complaining at me reading too much into the tweets.

    You're basically not getting it. They want you to grind the content as much as possible, then they're willing to give more content. I can't understand how I am reading it too much.

    Let's face it - over half of their designers are doing other stuff, such as creating other games. I just can't blieve that you actually think, it's fine, let them tell us to grind.
    This game has ALWAYS been a grind. We grind Rep, we grind for gear, we farm for mounts and gold, we grind to 90 and then grind to raid. From Blizz's standpoint, nothing has changed. If they let all the speeders just FLY through the content, they would just unsub 4 months at a time until the new content released. Then rush for another 7-10 days to beat the new stuff and unsub again.

    In the past, there has ALWAYS been a 2-4 month span between content releases. In cata's case, more like 14 months lol. Hyperbole aside, people need to just deal with the fact that at least half (most likely 3/4) of the player base is very casual in their playstyle and are barely scratching the surface of 5.05, let alone shouting for 5.2. Finishing fastest just means you will get bored. Not our concern. We are moving at regular speed and doing just fine

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 09:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    We were promised faster patching inn Cataclysme. And I think we all know what that got us...
    Unless I am mistaken, their definition of "faster patching" meant that it would occur seamlessly and in the background as to avoid as much downtime as possible. Not faster patch releases. They delivered with the seamless content since the switch from MoP to Cata was 99% without flaw. When midnight hit and monks unlocked, there was no down time, no patching, no 20gb installs. You just went to the login screen and did your thing. I can't think of another MMO that adding a full expansion did not at least wreak a little havoc.

  8. #368
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,186
    Aww I wish I'd paid more attention in economics so I knew the name....

    But anyway, there's only so fast Blizz can churn out content. Even with 2 seperate patch teams (5.2 was in development at the same time 5.1 was) they can only seem to get it to a low of 4 months between tiers. More often sitting about 5-6 months.

    If players consumed all content in a month, there'd be 3-5 months they'd have nothing to do.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    P.S. Leveling through TBC dungeons is one of the most boring parts of creating a new toon, FWIW.
    Dungeons were never intended to be the leveling experience. They were originally designed as the "finale" to the zone you were in. It would give you some gold and upgraded loot, but dungeons were never meant to replace questing. I do a dungeon once for the quest and achieve and back to questing I go. I made close to 2K gold just doing my Kalimdor Loremaster questing. People who level through dungeons are the biggest grinders of them all. It's no wonder by the time they get to dailies they are burnt from having to do the same thing over and over.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I think it is unfair to blame the player base for the removal of group quests, if you leveled at the start of TBC there was absolutely no problem finding a group it was only after initial rush was over that it became difficult to find groups to complete them. The players cannot be blamed that after reaching max level there is no need for them to venture out into the world.

    Questing is almost the same as it was before the old world was redone, 90% of the quests are exactly the same as they were before. Whilst prior to Cata there was not much consistency in the story it is still just as bad, you have quests that tell the story of Illidan's demise only to enter the Outlands where he he is still alive and kicking, the same with the Lich King and Deathwing. The expansions being set in different time period is a poor excuse for the jumbled plot and makes for a confusing journey for a new player.
    You misunderstood me. I did not blame the players for anything. I was simply stating that the players (not Blizzard) made it so that group questing died. End game is just much more fun than questing for a majority of people. If Blizz brought back group quests with elite mobs that could not be solo'd.....those quests would get ignored - just like the latter half of TBC (i.e. once a large portion of folks reached max level for the first time).

    As for quest quality - there are a ton of quests in Pandaria that are not at all like anything from before the old world was redone. Anyone who has actually completed entire zones in Pandaria and also played back in vanilla/TBC would easily recognize this difference. And I was talking about actual quest quality, and not the transition between expansions (I agree that the plot jumps between expansions is quite confusing and totally disjointed).

    That being said, even with all the changes, they have done nothing to make questing anything more than a hurdle to get to end game. Yeah, it is a bit more fun of a hurdle relative to before. It's still a hurdle though. imho - the whole idea of leveling needs to be looked at from a larger scale. The playerbase has shifted from a bunch of newer players to a bunch of experienced players. The current leveling concept does not address this change, and is not designed with this in mind.

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    If Blizz brought back group quests with elite mobs that could not be solo'd.....those quests would get ignored - just like the latter half of TBC (i.e. once a large portion of folks reached max level for the first time).
    They are kinda trying now. The rare spawns that sometimes require more than one person, or in 5.2 the small wandering group of troll that the patch notes claim will require a small group of people to conquer. They are trying to find ways to get people back in the habbit of grouping and working together. It was the same with dailies. Solo, they are boring and take awhile. With 2 friends, loads of fun and done in 30 mins

  12. #372
    Its' been said plenty.

    OP, you're an idiot. What he said and what you claimed he said are two different things.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-04 at 06:51 PM.

  13. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, their definition of "faster patching" meant that it would occur seamlessly and in the background as to avoid as much downtime as possible. Not faster patch releases. They delivered with the seamless content since the switch from MoP to Cata was 99% without flaw. When midnight hit and monks unlocked, there was no down time, no patching, no 20gb installs. You just went to the login screen and did your thing. I can't think of another MMO that adding a full expansion did not at least wreak a little havoc.
    Yea, you're right on all what you said there.

    However I would still classify there wording as they promised us faster patching, something they didn't keep up to at all, since once Firelands was delayed to 4.2 it was obvious the dew-team went and focused on other things (Titan we can hope).
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  14. #374
    Bloodsail Admiral Vayshan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Netherlands - Draenor (EU)
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    @StardawnFR If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

    This is a reply from GC on twitter.

    So how I feel about this? They want us to use everything as much as possible, even if it gets old and boring before new content.. What is this? I just can't understand how we can take this..

    Thoughts on this?
    Your title couldn't be MORE WRONG :/ That's absolutely not what he is saying...

    What he means is (just as he says it): If people get overpowered, they'll steamroll through the content in no time and then there's nothing for them to do anymore UNTILL the next content patch. How hard can it be to understand that? Where do you see him saying they "cba to making new content" ? My hands just aren't big enough for the /facepalm you deserve.

  15. #375
    ridiculous thread. the tweet only says that its simply impossibile to provide content at the pace on which the players consume it, where's the news.

  16. #376
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    31,294
    I think this has gone on long enough. Besides a misleading title, the OP left and insults are being handed out while it all goes in circles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •