Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    No they didn't. If you want to talk about Blizzard pulling something out of their ass it's BC content with the draenei. Not Pandaren. Just because you're ignorant of the lore and against new lore (ironic since u were complaining about reusing old themes as a bad thing) doesn't mean it's filler...
    The broken ones have been here for a long time..

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Thoughts on this?
    "Can't be assed" means "too lazy to."

Given that they're working on new content as we speak, cba does not apply here. They want to make content substantial.

A little bit of grinding the same shit over makes new shit feel a whole lot better when they finally reach it. I know, it's an odd concept, having to climb the ladder again to some degree... But in terms of difficulty getting into raiding, T14 was not as bad as T11. They handed out welfare epix to get into T11, not because T11 was especially hard, but the bar getting into them were really unforgiving up until zandalar heroics.

If you can't handle refining how you run current content to a razors edge, get tired of the tier midway through, etc: You're going to find the whole MMORPG genre pretty unaccommodating.
    Pretty much every MMORPG handles content episodically. few MMO's have an infinite amount of content out of the gates, And there's only so many man hours in a day to generate new content. (The few with "infinite" content generally include user generated content, so mileage may vary.)

It isn't like it's as simple as "click here to generate the next set of raids" then everyone gets paid and goes home. It has to be localized to every language, It has to be edited for spelling mistakes, numbers need to be tuned, unexpected reactions to certain spells need to be addressed, bugs need to be fixed, art team needs to be whipped, art team needs to be whipped again, art gets thrown back to the drawing board after the finished product looks bad (even though a portion of the playerbase likes the old one way better), PTR builds need to be checked and double checked, PR details need to be ironed out, the music guy has to write and edit his tracks, Patch notes need to be maintained as changes happen (or un-happen), and that's only the tip of the iceberg of some of the things that need to happen on the way.

No, you're right, Greg "cba" producing more content. Compared to the toils of the rest of the team, his job is pretty easy. All he has to do is take flak from people who don't know better, so the developers don't have to. He's a philosopher and a mouthpeice, a face to a name. He very likely doesn't write any code, he just makes big decisions, and keeps his staff happy and on track as design lead.

Blizzard has never been a company known for it's ability to make games with great haste. Just sayin.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    And what do you base as related to any story based importance? Anything and everything in WoW is important to the story, but here's the thing, there is no real story in WoW. You can't call something unrelated to the story because it is it's own story.
    Starting with the Titans - (http://www.wowpedia.org/Pantheon) You can just read on and on, until you come at the bottom of the well of non existing filler lore. PANDARIA:

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria is like - Blizzard sat there, let's think of this. Okey, pandas, they do this and that. LORE. That's it, nothing really related. It's just lore of coures, but nothing important.

We'll have to see.. What they've presented us now is nothing but filler. They're leading to something that is going to be more lore influenced. I just hope that will come out well and not as something pandas jumping around and destroying it.
    Uhh..... thats how lore is created. Its like you think night elfs and orcs existed before warcraft and are real,and that pandaren and pandaria are just made up. Fact, they are both made up at a table saying hmm what does a night elf do... hmm what does a pandaren do. Again you obviously dont like the theme of the xpac, but that doesnt make it or the lore bad.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Again, maybe I like the lore in MoP more then tbc wrath or cata? Thats your opinion so neither of us can really win. I certainly like MoP lore more then cata, because imo they butchered cata lore. See the ending to DS for that. Cata had so much potential but they delivered the lore horribly. MoP is lightyears ahead on delivering lore then any other xpac.
    You can like MOPs lore as much as you want, but it still remains a filler lore, it's got nothing to do, if something, very litle with the real story of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this guy serious? Now hes saying that Mists is not ''content'' and that he wonders if blizzard has forgotten illidan? What is this 2007? Dude do you even know how to get your point across with something that actually makes sense?

They're providing content that is filler. You can call watching un-related stuff as content. It is, and there's nothing I can say to say it's not because it is content. There's been added raids - Meaning it's content. There's been added BG - Content. Factions - Content. But it's still filler content that doesn't suit up to Blizzard Reputation..
    It's not "filler" it's new content. Ruby Sanctum was "filler". Sunwell was "filler". This is not filler, this is a brand new story arc, tied in with lore left open ended for a long time. A brand new storyline, quests and everything which ties back in to raids and factions *is* content. Blizz wanted to get away from the disconnect where players thought they were, out of no where, bringing Kael'thas back from the dead for MgT; only the raiders of TK knew he survived it on account of the verdant sphere quest. Most of whom couldn't care less about the story anyways; not catering to them improved the game overall.

Suit up to Blizzards reputation? Explain what *that* means Lol.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who said anything about Illidan? Pandaria is brand new content, and you're going back to content from Burning Crusade?
    I've seen Onyxia 3 times, Zul Aman and ZG twice. We're going back to the trolls again. Not sure tbh. But I hope they don't screw it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not the case if they add new content more frequently. I'm not saying to stop gating, just fix it. I just cba sitting on my alts in blue pvp gear with a pve weapon fighting people with full epic.
    Why? becuase those you are fighting made the commitment to what they want, when you haven't? Sorry, a failure on your part to plan your time does not constitute and emergency on Blizzards part, nor does it make you right and everyone else wrong. If you TRULY want faster content... then get out your checkbook and write a really big check for say 200,000$ and send it to Blizzard and say, 'hire more XXX' and you fill in the blank.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

You can like MOPs lore as much as you want, but it still remains a filler lore, it's got nothing to do, if something, very litle with the real story of WoW.
    So ancient lore of Trolls, tie in with Night Elves, Titan machinery of the past coming to the forefront amidst and hot war between the Horde and the Alliance is filler material? Seriously? I guess Ulduar was "filler material" in Wrath... YOu're ignorant of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gating system, explains more than enough.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 04:29 AM ----------

I don't mind RNG. What I mind is that they're not adding anything to the game. They threw in 3 raids and that's it. Expecting us to clear all of them, then go heroic, which is basically the same just a bit harder. But it's no new content.
    What? are you playing Wow? what do you mean they'v not added anything... WTH is 5.1? hmm? oh wait... its content... just content you cba to investigate, right?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I've seen Onyxia 3 times, Zul Aman and ZG twice. We're going back to the trolls again. Not sure tbh. But I hope they don't screw it up.
    We're not "bringing back trolls again". And you want this old crap anyways, since the new stuff is filler material...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not "filler" it's new content. Ruby Sanctum was "filler". Sunwell was "filler". This is not filler, this is a brand new story arc, tied in with lore left open ended for a long time. A brand new storyline, quests and everything which ties back in to raids and factions *is* content. Blizz wanted to get away from the disconnect where players thought they were, out of no where, bringing Kael'thas back from the dead for MgT; only the raiders of TK knew he survived it on account of the verdant sphere quest. Most of whom couldn't care less about the story anyways; not catering to them improved the game overall.

Suit up to Blizzards reputation? Explain what *that* means Lol.
    RS was filler, Panda is filler, Sunwell not filler. Kil'Jaeden has his roots behind the titans. It's all chained up.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 05:38 AM ----------

So ancient lore of Trolls, tie in with Night Elves, Titan machinery of the past coming to the forefront amidst and hot war between the Horde and the Alliance is filler material? Seriously? I guess Ulduar was "filler material" in Wrath... YOu're ignorant of the story.
    I'm not saying horde and alliance is a filler material. I'm saying 5.1 is a filler material. I'm having great hopes for 5.2. Leading into Troll zandalar lore and human vs orcs as intended. But I just hope they wont make the pandas destroy that part of the lore.
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2013-01-03 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    RS was filler, Panda is filler, Sunwell not filler. Kil'Jaeden has his roots behind the titans. It's all chained up.

I'm not saying horde and alliance is a filler material. I'm saying 5.1 is a filler material. I'm having great hopes for 5.2. Leading into Troll zandalari lore and human vs orcs as intended. But I just hope they wont make the pandas destroy that part of the lore.
    Seriously, after reading this, im sitting here asking myself what can this guy do to actually say something that makes sense or a FACT.

There's nothing honest I could say to the OP that wouldn't result in an infraction beyond this:

The game isn't tailor-fit to suit your every whim and desire. If you don't like the way they handle their game, you're free to cancel your subscription.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're not "bringing back trolls again". And you want this old crap anyways, since the new stuff is filler material...
    Of course we are. Pandaria is a nearby island to the Troll Island " Zandalar " Which has something to do with the "ruler of the trolls " Rastakhan etc.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not saying horde and alliance is a filler material. I'm saying 5.1 is a filler material. I'm having great hopes for 5.2. Leading into Troll zandalari lore and human vs orcs as intended. But I just hope they wont make the pandas destroy that part of the lore.
    You are totally ignorant and wont listen to anything anyone says. We have proven everything but your opinions wrong and you ignore it. How many times have you changed what this thread is about? I dont know if i can deal with you or people like you any more. If i made a statement and people proved me wrong i would concede, but clearly you never developed the ability to. Its threads like these that make me quit reading mmochampion for a few days/weeks. If you actually had anything interesting or factual to say i might stay and argue some more, but you dont so i probably wont.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2013-01-03 at 04:43 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Seriously, after reading this, im sitting here asking myself what can this guy do to actually say something that makes sense or a FACT.
    I'm not forcing you to read. You said that you're leaving pages ago. Why stay?

Let's face it - over half of their designers are doing other stuff, such as creating other games. I just can't blieve that you actually think, it's fine, let them tell us to grind.
    Give it a break, stop playing once you reach the limit of the content youre interested in, come back after a few months... not hard.
    And I really doubt youve done like 30% the expansion content release so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    In fact I do. I see a huge problem with lack of content. For example see orgrimmar and stormwind. They were destroyed 3 years ago. How come they haven't fixd it? That's just one thing that has been bothering me for a long time..
    SW and Org aren't fixed because there are folks incessantly screaming for new content, so Blizzard has to divert the potential resources into creating new content.

So, one could ask you, do you want more and new and faster content... or do you want SW and Org fixed? Your call.