Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Greg admitting that they cba making new content.

@StardawnFR If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

This is a reply from GC on twitter.

So how I feel about this? They want us to use everything as much as possible, even if it gets old and boring before new content.. What is this? I just can't understand how we can take this..

Thoughts on this?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    New title is needed "Kezotar reading way too much into a tweet"

Honestly they put out enough content for the time between patches most of the time, with end of expansion patches a exclusion so far. I'm nearly positive you haven't done all available content possible right now so I don't see why your even bothering bringing this so far out of context.

My thoughts on this is they want content to last so they have time to develop a QUALITY raid rather than a QUANTITY raid.

Deleted
    My thoughts on this? I feel bad for the guy. This is exactly what he means by people overanalyzing everything he says.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    What Vyce223 said..

10+ Year Old Account
    You're reading into this way too much.

It's impossible to supply constant content, but without some sort of gate to the current content people would consume it so fast that they'd be out of anything to do well before it's possible to supply more. The gating is necessary.

Yet they've shown in this expansion that's exactly what they want you to do, grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that cba making new content. They do make new content, just not as fast as players play the content, so they have to do stuff that makes the current content last longer while they are working on new content.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okey, so people start complaining at me reading too much into the tweets.

You're basically not getting it. They want you to grind the content as much as possible, then they're willing to give more content. I can't understand how I am reading it too much.

Let's face it - over half of their designers are doing other stuff, such as creating other games. I just can't blieve that you actually think, it's fine, let them tell us to grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Yet they've shown in this expansion that's exactly what they want you to do, grind.
    Grinding was what WE wanted. The players. They may not have delivered exactly what the player base asked for, but players wanted more to do, reps to grind without queuing heroics over and over.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    How is that cba making new content. They do make new content, just not as fast as players play the content, so they have to do stuff that makes the current content last longer while they are working on new content.
    They do make content, but not fast enough. DS lasted for how long? Too long is the right answer. MoP start? Instead of releasing everything at once they released it stepwise. So that it looks like it's more quanity. 3 Raids were released in Cata, 3 now with the expansion. There's much I can go into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Grinding a bit for a useful reward isn't a bad thing and it helps keep the content current long enough that people of all play speeds can be on a somewhat even level, and allows you to expand into alts for a while without losing out on your main.

Plus the alt grind has been helped so much with rep commendations and VP bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post

You're basically not getting it. They want you to grind the content as much as possible, then they're willing to give more content. I can't understand how I am reading it too much.

Let's face it - over half of their designers are doing other stuff, such as creating other games. I just can't blieve that you actually think, it's fine, let them tell us to grind.
    Blizzard has a team devoted to WoW , just like they do to SC and Diablo and Titan, etc. They aren't pulling devs off WoW to make other games. Why do you think they're always hiring?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    Grinding was what WE wanted. The players. They may not have delivered exactly what the player base asked for, but players wanted more to do, reps to grind without queuing heroics over and over.
    Exactly, and here's where the logic behind that fails. Blizzard assumed -Mkey, players wish to grind and do stuff to get better gear. Fine. But that way people go through content too fast, so let's put a VP cap and a Conquest Point cap so they can't rush through it, well they do but it's not beneficial for them. If not mistaken, you can get up to almost 3k VP in a week, but since the cap is there - 1k VP. I can't imagine when people will be able to upgrade all gear. 1500 or 750 VP each piece? Yummy, *2 for twice and then 15 slots, gg.

10+ Year Old Account

No matter what people say here you will just say the same bs, do you actually understand what he wrote? Content needs to be gated or actually take some ammount of freaking time to aquire or people would just leave and have no reason to actually log in. Look at Cataclysm log in 1 day cap your 7 heroics in a few hrs never log in until next tuesday. Are you really not capable of understanding how basic game design works in a gear based MMORPG as WoW?

But like i said you probably wont even reconsider or understand anything, just by the cynism in your post. Its kind of sad that Blizzard cant say or express something to the community without someone makeing a freaking huge deal about something thats actually how is supose to work.

Deleted
    So how I feel about this?
    I dont know, but you should get a life bro. This is not normal behavior.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Grinding a bit for a useful reward isn't a bad thing and it helps keep the content current long enough that people of all play speeds can be on a somewhat even level, and allows you to expand into alts for a while without losing out on your main.

Plus the alt grind has been helped so much with rep commendations and VP bonuses.
    I was so focused on my main, had to do dailies, grinds etc raiding pvp that guess what. My alt hit max level now. I was thinking going PvP, but wanna know something? The cap that stops me from getting to the content made me say no. I'm playing with blue gear at 2,4k MMR against people with tier 2 upgraded twice. Fair that they have 100k more HP than me and I'm sitting with a non PvP weapon? ( again, lack of gear, there's no PvP blue weapon. )

10+ Year Old Account
    twitter really is a bad form of media for what GC is doing... you cant really explain stuff in detail with the amount of space you're given, and thus people tend to read in to stuff because they try to fill in the blanks in answers because they cant be explained properly
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Exactly, and here's where the logic behind that fails. Blizzard assumed -Mkey, players wish to grind and do stuff to get better gear. Fine. But that way people go through content too fast, so let's put a VP cap and a Conquest Point cap so they can't rush through it, well they do but it's not beneficial for them. If not mistaken, you can get up to almost 3k VP in a week, but since the cap is there - 1k VP. I can't imagine when people will be able to upgrade all gear. 1500 or 750 VP each piece? Yummy, *2 for twice and then 15 slots, gg.
    So...you'd rather them NOT gate content and just dump everything on us so you can complain you having nothing to do a month or two after a patch?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has a team devoted to WoW , just like they do to SC and Diablo and Titan, etc. They aren't pulling devs off WoW to make other games. Why do you think they're always hiring?
    Prove me that, how would you know what's happening at Blizzard? T

10+ Year Old Account
    This. You cant keep everyone happy but this is True. I remember the mass amounts of bicthing because people was saying " Oh, I hate running crap over and over " Idiots with too much time on there hands are allways out to get Blizzards ass. They never can win when it comes to forums, Must be shit to deal with 8 year olds traped 21+ year old bodies everyday. Makes me clap out to them for trying anyways.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld