Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I played since final beta which was in 2003 or 2004. (EU player).

WoW at that time had nothing. But they were adding loads of raids, not to talk about BGs and that was all in just 1 release of the game. TBC offered aswell alot of content, we finally came to outland, following lore-wise was something extremely cool. Many new raids, stuff was harder, it was better balanced. WOTLK came also perfect out, lore and content, of course we had LK for a bit too long and NAXX was reused.. Cata again came out as a perfect lore based expansion - sinestra, deathwing, nefarian, onyxia was uneccesary but okey. MOP Nothing, lore is just orc vs human. Which many might say is the original theme of WoW. But that's generalizing the too much. next patch is going to offer the zandalari isles which is going to be awesome, where obviously rastahkan is going to be present - meaning new content. it seems to have some sheds of light, but the release of the expansion was in my eyes a total dissaster, might be different for you. but it felt like a bad korean game gone wild. i have my hopes for next patch, if it brings a failure with overused content..
    Burning Crusade was mroe balanced? Going EVERY fucking raid from kara over gruul over maggi over za over ssc/tk over hyjal to finally catch up to hjal wasnt a grind? Getting thousand and thousand of nature and frost resistance in classic wasnt a grind?Was it really balanced? It never was in PvE , neither in PvP. Alot of classes were incredibly clunky and not rely reliable to be a major force in a raid, let alone arenas. MoP is in term of PvE the most balanced expansion(Just PVE; not PvP. Season 6-7 was probably the most balacned PvP season) MoP is way less grindy then Vanilla or TBC.
    I guarantee you that more peole had known Chen Stormstout, then Deathwing. When was Deathwing?Warcraft 2?Cant recall it to be honest. For most of the people it was just a giant dragon flying over teh world destroying everything, and looking cool. You dont learn that much about his reasons while lvling through the quest areas. MoP has more lore then every other expansion (maybe wotlk is on par, and classic not counting obv). Why should everything just based on the past? Introducing new continents, new lands, new areas are way more fun. After doing every quest in MoP you learn everythign about the country. The hatred, the wars, the alliances, pretty much everything.
    After I leveled through Cata or Burning Crusade I had too many questions still opened.
    If major characters like Garrosh and/or maybe Andruin dies, is MoP then really a filler expansion? I doubt that.

IMO TBC was butchering too much old characters like Vashj, Kael, Illidan. I kinda dislike and hate it at the same time. This allowed WoW to be able to introduce new lore, but it killed these characters way to easily.

Why are daily quest no content? Alot of players are enjoying right now daily quest, they were just a bit overwhelming at the start of the expansion if you want to get super fast geared and get burned out.

Klaxxi might, not the rest. It is fillers. The Klaxxis have a huge lore based around them, the rest is just non existing stuff that they made on the run.
    Okay I wasn't going to post in this thread but this just bugs me.
    Do you even know what lore is? It's created and expanded on. Just because MoP doesn't have the stories of WC3 doesn't mean it's not lore. Every lore in WC 3 and every single warcraft game was non existing stuff that they made on the run. Calling the lore in MoP filler because it's new is bullshit.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Now you're just making up nonsense. A "quarter of what they used to have"? What proof do you have of this? Sure, some devs have moved on to other projects, but don't act as if they weren't replaced. Why do you think they even hired GC at all if not to replace one of the outgoing developers?
    GC isn't actually doing a great job. He's just doing a job. I've actually got NO PROOF at all to support it. But fact remains, vice versa you don't either. Meaning that we could end up in a discussion for ages about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Klaxxi might, not the rest. It is fillers. The Klaxxis have a huge lore based around them, the rest is just non existing stuff that they made on the run.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 05:14 AM ----------

That's not what happened. Blizzard ended up taking genius developers from WoW and changing and mixing them and ended up giving WoW only a quarter of what they used to have as designers. If Titan breaks out to be better than WoW I actually don't mind it. But I just hope it's not a SCI-FI MMO and that it's a more opening to the early "WoW Lore"

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 05:16 AM ----------

Gating system is a way for Blizzard to count dollars earned for content.

Considering 4 weeks a month - 15. 00 dollars for 4k VP and 8k Conquest. That's what they're trading. Now they just count the values and avearge needed each gear for upgrade and voila, they got a mathemtical calculation on how much they earn on each new item piece.
    The klaxxi,golden lotus, 5.1 faction, shadowpan, and to a point august celestials are all lore based factions. 5.2 will be a lore based faction as well. Heck look at the lorewalkers. There is TONS of lore to go thru with them. I care about the tillers lore, and somewhat the Order of the cloud serpent. I love all the lore down to the random pandaren walking a road. Maybe you dont, but a lot of people like the simple lore as well.

So, we have better lore in MoP in dungeons scenarios quests cutscenes lorewalkers raids and the general world even feels more alive. The only valid complain you can have imo is you dont like the theme, which isnt really valid because not everyone can like the theme of an xpac.

Gating system is a way for Blizzard to count dollars earned for content.

Considering 4 weeks a month - 15. 00 dollars for 4k VP and 8k Conquest. That's what they're trading. Now they just count the values and avearge needed each gear for upgrade and voila, they got a mathemtical calculation on how much they earn on each new item piece.
    Seems like you've got it figured out. Yes Blizzard is a business, they are there to make money and provide a product for people who want it, which they do. You're no satisfied with it anymore, and are convinced its just greed motivating them (lol) then stop "feeding the machine" with your subscription...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Okay I wasn't going to post in this thread but this just bugs me.
    Do you even know what lore is? It's created and expanded on. Just because MoP doesn't have the stories of WC3 doesn't mean it's not lore. Every lore in WC 3 and every single warcraft game was non existing stuff that they made on the run. Calling the lore in MoP filler because it's new is bullshit.
    Warcraft 3 Lore? Sure that's one part, it's one huge part. Probably one of the best, but there's so much more into it. But why choose Pandaria? It's like the optionals you have. Stretching it as a chart, i'd make a file huge as thousand of GB to just have everything inside.

I'm not calling it a filler because it's new, it's just unrelated in any storybased important way. Why use something inferior when we have something better?

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 05:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Seems like you've got it figured out. Yes Blizzard is a business, they are there to make money and provide a product for people who want it, which they do. You're no satisfied with it anymore, and are convinced its just greed motivating them (lol) then stop "feeding the machine" with your subscription...
    I've got nothing against the fee every month, as long as they buck up with something in return. I'm still hoping for 5.2 as a improved patch.

i have my hopes for next patch, if it brings a failure with overused content..
    Overused content? You mean the recurring foundation of the WoW franchise? You are going to ask that they stop making Star Wars movies about spaceships and Jedis next because it's overused?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okey, so people start complaining at me reading too much into the tweets.

You're basically not getting it. They want you to grind the content as much as possible, then they're willing to give more content. I can't understand how I am reading it too much.

Let's face it - over half of their designers are doing other stuff, such as creating other games. I just can't blieve that you actually think, it's fine, let them tell us to grind.
    1. They've spent over 2 years creating this expansion...
    2. folks are blowing thru it in a month or two...
    Result... QQing that there isn't enough to do.

Solution... Raise subscription fees by 10 times to hire enough folks to pump out enough content to match your subscriber consumption rate.

result... MORE QQing that the price is too high.

Observation... Blizzard cant win, either way someone QQs

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The klaxxi,golden lotus, 5.1 faction, shadowpan, and to a point august celestials are all lore based factions. 5.2 will be a lore based faction as well. Heck look at the lorewalkers. There is TONS of lore to go thru with them. I care about the tillers lore, and somewhat the Order of the cloud serpent. I love all the lore down to the random pandaren walking a road. Maybe you dont, but a lot of people like the simple lore as well.

So, we have better lore in MoP in dungeons scenarios quests cutscenes lorewalkers raids and the general world even feels more alive. The only valid complain you can have imo is you dont like the theme, which isnt really valid because not everyone can like the theme of an xpac.
    Pandaria is like - Blizzard sat there, let's think of this. Okey, pandas, they do this and that. LORE. That's it, nothing really related. It's just lore of coures, but nothing important.

We'll have to see.. What they've presented us now is nothing but filler. They're leading to something that is going to be more lore influenced. I just hope that will come out well and not as something pandas jumping around and destroying it.

I've got nothing against the fee every month, as long as they buck up with something in return. I'm still hoping for 5.2 as a improved patch.
    What? Buck up? They are providing the content, you don't like it. So you do have a problem with a fee.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    1. They've spent over 2 years creating this expansion...
    2. folks are blowing thru it in a month or two...
    Result... QQing that there isn't enough to do.

Solution... Raise subscription fees by 10 times to hire enough folks to pump out enough content to match your subscriber consumption rate.

result... MORE QQing that the price is too high.

Observation... Blizzard cant win, either way someone QQs
    Wait, if they spent 2 years doing this expansion, what have they been doing the previous expansion? Exactly, getitng it know?

I wonder how much money Blizzard has to spend on GC's private psychologist?
    Last edited by Bonkbonk100; 2013-01-03 at 04:32 AM. Reason: CBA

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Overused content? You mean the recurring foundation of the WoW franchise? You are going to ask that they stop making Star Wars movies about spaceships and Jedis next because it's overused?
    Yeah. Tbh, It wouldn't occur as a wonder to be if I after this expansion see illidan alive.

Sometimes I wonder if blizzard really have forgotten about all the stuff they have.

Pandaria is like - Blizzard sat there, let's think of this. Okey, pandas, they do this and that. LORE. That's it, nothing really related. It's just lore of coures, but nothing important.

We'll have to see.. What they've presented us now is nothing but filler. They're leading to something that is going to be more lore influenced. I just hope that will come out well and not as something pandas jumping around and destroying it.
    No they didn't. If you want to talk about Blizzard pulling something out of their ass it's BC content with the draenei. Not Pandaren. Just because you're ignorant of the lore and against new lore (ironic since u were complaining about reusing old themes as a bad thing) doesn't mean it's filler...

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    .Observation... Blizzard cant win, either way someone QQs
    No Blizzard are still winning!
    Most of these people who complain still give them money!

Warcraft 3 Lore? Sure that's one part, it's one huge part. Probably one of the best, but there's so much more into it. But why choose Pandaria? It's like the optionals you have. Stretching it as a chart, i'd make a file huge as thousand of GB to just have everything inside.

I'm not calling it a filler because it's new, it's just unrelated in any storybased important way. Why use something inferior when we have something better?
    And what do you base as related to any story based importance? Anything and everything in WoW is important to the story, but here's the thing, there is no real story in WoW. You can't call something unrelated to the story because it is it's own story.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Yeah. Tbh, It wouldn't occur as a wonder to be if I after this expansion see illidan alive.

Sometimes I wonder if blizzard really have forgotten about all the stuff they have.
    Who said anything about Illidan? Pandaria is brand new content, and you're going back to content from Burning Crusade?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    What? Buck up? They are providing the content, you don't like it. So you do have a problem with a fee.
    They're providing content that is filler. You can call watching un-related stuff as content. It is, and there's nothing I can say to say it's not because it is content. There's been added raids - Meaning it's content. There's been added BG - Content. Factions - Content. But it's still filler content that doesn't suit up to Blizzard Reputation..

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 05:26 AM ----------

Again, maybe I like the lore in MoP more then tbc wrath or cata? Thats your opinion so neither of us can really win. I certainly like MoP lore more then cata, because imo they butchered cata lore. See the ending to DS for that. Cata had so much potential but they delivered the lore horribly. MoP is lightyears ahead on delivering lore then any other xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prove me that, how would you know what's happening at Blizzard? T
    Or, you could attempt to prove your own claims. I'm more inclined to believe GC and Blizzard than I am you. Why? because your credibility is suspect.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.