Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And you've answered one of my 'future lore' questions, AND also answered something I forgot to ask: 'Where did the Sha come from?'

    Two hit in a single shot. Kudos to you, and thanks for the info.
    Except this very plot point was adressed in the Halls of Stone. Not quite "Future". But, okay.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    Dailies I don't think TBC had any dailies when it came out. Mists has alot. If you like dailies, Mists wins. If you hate dailies, TBC wins.
    TBC launched with dailies, but, back then, you could only do... I think it was 5 a day? Or was it 10? Anyway, it was a low number of dailies a day, and there were more dailies than the daily cap.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    @StardawnFR If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

    This is a reply from GC on twitter.

    So how I feel about this? They want us to use everything as much as possible, even if it gets old and boring before new content.. What is this? I just can't understand how we can take this..

    Thoughts on this?
    So you want them supply continuous content enough to last 24 hour 365 days per year?
    Else you are going to have repeat...

  4. #264
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    Um I understand GC because that's exactly how the real world works.

  5. #265
    when mop released its first patch.. i didnt mind the grind.. u can do dailys w people for rep or u can grind dungeons for gear.. thats fine.. then 5.1 came and the rep grind was much easier... we all rejoiced.. but now if we get all factions to exalted.. what then? back to doing dungeons.. the problem is that theres no new heroics mentioned in 5.2... perhaps blizz sees we will get bored of running them every day ... maybe new lfr gear will cover that.. however... new dungeons are always nice to try out a few times.. when blizz admits.. hey we give up.. players need to tell them quit being lazy and try developing something for once.

  6. #266
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You're reading into this way too much.

    It's impossible to supply constant content, but without some sort of gate to the current content people would consume it so fast that they'd be out of anything to do well before it's possible to supply more. The gating is necessary.
    pretty much what Darsithis said
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    @StardawnFR If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

    This is a reply from GC on twitter.

    So how I feel about this? They want us to use everything as much as possible, even if it gets old and boring before new content.. What is this? I just can't understand how we can take this..

    Thoughts on this?
    He also admitted that players analyze his responses too much.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Okey, so people start complaining at me reading too much into the tweets.

    You're basically not getting it. They want you to grind the content as much as possible, then they're willing to give more content. I can't understand how I am reading it too much.

    Let's face it - over half of their designers are doing other stuff, such as creating other games. I just can't blieve that you actually think, it's fine, let them tell us to grind.
    Have you read the question to the given answer? The question was why we have to have the same looting mechanic in LFR like in normal mode raiding because people who want to get gear in LFR for normal mode can have bad luck. So basically he wanted to run LFR only 1-2 times to get all the gear he wants to then start with normal mode.

    GC's answer to that is only that if they would do that some people would have nothing to do. The majority of players are still casual players from whom a lot are only doing LFR. If they would be done after one or two runs then they are bored the rest of the time. As Blizzard can't put out as much content as they wish they could they have to make sure that most players have something fun to do that helps them progressing in the game for a long time.

    He didn't say they cba content because they want you to grind but he said they can't make content faster and therefore they let you choose to grind bosses in normal mode (and you don't need a full LFR set to start with that) or buy some gear for VP or upgrade LFR or normal mode gear for VP.

    You're not only reading too much into the tweet but also reading things into it that aren't there.

  9. #269
    Pit Lord Galbrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    @StardawnFR If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

    This is a reply from GC on twitter.

    So how I feel about this? They want us to use everything as much as possible, even if it gets old and boring before new content.. What is this? I just can't understand how we can take this..

    Thoughts on this?
    That guy. Don't be that guy.

    I fear that people like the OP that distort and bend everything GC and the CMs say is the reason why we don't get more feedback from them. If I were GC I don't think I'd ever be able to post anything on Twitter or the forums out of fear of people putting words in my mouth like that all the time.

  10. #270
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    They do make content, but not fast enough. DS lasted for how long? Too long is the right answer. MoP start? Instead of releasing everything at once they released it stepwise. So that it looks like it's more quanity. 3 Raids were released in Cata, 3 now with the expansion. There's much I can go into.
    And still it does not make sense.... DS lasted long yes, but considering how they are doing at the moment bringing out content is quite good. Patch 5.1 was pretty fast and 5.2 with a new raid is just around the corner, I'd expect it to hit the end of the month. And still there's enough to do in the meantime for most of the playerbase, including you.
    If you choose you CBA with anything besides raiding then that's your problem really.
    And about the tweet, it's not even over analayzing on your part as some mention, I think it's just simple misinterpretation due to shortsightedness in my opinion, you're making it all about you and not seeing the big picture...

  11. #271
    i was thinking the same thing when i saw that tweet ... but then again its prob best not to take that dude seriously ...

  12. #272
    Scarab Lord Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    4,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    They may not have delivered exactly what the player base asked for, but players wanted more to do, reps to grind without queuing heroics over and over.
    And now they all cry because they can't grind by queueing heroics

    Retired raider coming back for WoD.
    WoD BETA CLUB

  13. #273
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    There's a difference between slowing down content consumption and gating progression...
    If they feel like players can go through content too fast then the solution is to slow down the progression,unlike what they're doing,gating the content which is horrible design.
    I beg to differ, I think it's actually good design. Not only does it prevent people from burning through the content at a pace that is way higer than intended and they can keep up with. I believe it also serves well as a means to keep the playfield a somewhat leveled. Being ahead in progression on the first raid tier does not always mean you win the final race. Even the gated bosses are a good example...
    Maybe guild A manages to beat down the first 3 bosses of MSV, but due to gating in principle all guilds that commit to it, can still have a shot at being the first to down the second set of bosses that is released next ....
    In theory, guilds that had issues in the first two weeks would be able to catch up with the others. Makes the progression race much more exciting, at least in my opinion.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    i was thinking the same thing when i saw that tweet ... but then again its prob best not to take that dude seriously ...
    So you take "Allowing our players to gear up as fast as they want would lead them to be burnt out on content faster"

    To mean "We are lazy and don't want to make new content, so we slow down progression?"

    What form of the English language are you using?

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyce223 View Post
    New title is needed "Kezotar reading way too much into a tweet"

    Honestly they put out enough content for the time between patches most of the time, with end of expansion patches a exclusion so far. I'm nearly positive you haven't done all available content possible right now so I don't see why your even bothering bringing this so far out of context.

    My thoughts on this is they want content to last so they have time to develop a QUALITY raid rather than a QUANTITY raid.
    ^^This
    Wise man talking, was exactly my thoughts too. And now i dont even have to read more replys. Just because i see, some1 whos already got the real answer imo too
    Main(s): Enha sham and Hunter. Alts: Mage / Every other class, all are 90 (Used for professions only)

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    mists has dailies, huge zones with tons of quests, scenarios, pet battles, dungeons, raids, usual pvp stuff, challenge modes, daily hubs that tell a story over time, world bosses.
    TBC had huge zones with a ton of quests.
    TBC had group quests, which were just scenarios but non-instanced.
    TBC had way more new dungeons and raid bosses.
    TBC challenge modes are today's heroic modes.
    World Bosses? You think TBC didn't have world bosses?
    Daily hubs that tell a story over time? All they did was change x non-repeatable quests into repeatable dailies!
    Only thing new is pet battles. Ya, that's pretty cool.
    Does pet battles make up for the lack of dungeons and raids?

  17. #277
    How the hell do people like the OP even get started playing RPGS? Without gating and a limit on content, all progression would be even more meaningless than it is now. A perfect example of another person who can't understand why semantic arguments are bad arguments.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    I beg to differ, I think it's actually good design. Not only does it prevent people from burning through the content at a pace that is way higer than intended and they can keep up with. I believe it also serves well as a means to keep the playfield a somewhat leveled. Being ahead in progression on the first raid tier does not always mean you win the final race. Even the gated bosses are a good example...
    Maybe guild A manages to beat down the first 3 bosses of MSV, but due to gating in principle all guilds that commit to it, can still have a shot at being the first to down the second set of bosses that is released next ....
    In theory, guilds that had issues in the first two weeks would be able to catch up with the others. Makes the progression race much more exciting, at least in my opinion.
    That's great, but you totally missed an expansion that did alot right with progression. I'd like to point you to the burning crusade. There were no artificial gates with the burning crusade. No one gobbled up all the content and quit.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    TBC had huge zones with a ton of quests.
    TBC had group quests, which were just scenarios but non-instanced.
    TBC had way more new dungeons and raid bosses.
    TBC challenge modes are today's heroic modes.
    World Bosses? You think TBC didn't have world bosses?
    Daily hubs that tell a story over time? All they did was change x non-repeatable quests into repeatable dailies!
    Only thing new is pet battles. Ya, that's pretty cool.
    Does pet battles make up for the lack of dungeons and raids?
    What lack of raids? Yes, there are fewer max level dungeons in Pandaria, but at current pace, it looks like we'll have more raid bosses this expansion than any other.

    Also, I don't recall a single world boss in TBC itself. Care to name one?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 08:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    That's great, but you totally missed an expansion that did alot right with progression. I'd like to point you to the burning crusade. There were no artificial gates with the burning crusade. No one gobbled up all the content and quit.
    No, instead of small artificial gates, there were giant quest-line cockblocks and near-impossible bosses that literally shattered many guilds.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    What lack of raids? Yes, there are fewer max level dungeons in Pandaria, but at current pace, it looks like we'll have more raid bosses this expansion than any other.
    TBC had karazhan, gruul, mag, SSC and TK out at release.
    Also, I don't recall a single world boss in TBC itself. Care to name one?

    Did you even play TBC? Kazzak and Doomreaver? They had the loot with no stam that was pretty much BIS(if you didn't care about stam) until BT.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 08:17 AM ----------



    No, instead of small artificial gates, there were giant quest-line cockblocks and near-impossible bosses that literally shattered many guilds.[/QUOTE]
    All the bosses in SSC/TK were killed without nerfs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •