How good are the Darkmoon trinkets for Monks

Anyone know how good the darkmoon faire trinkets are for monks? The ones from the cranes, oxen and tigers decks to be specific. I'm thinking of investing some gold into some of the decks, but thought I'd check and see how good they are. IE, will they be replaced with normal mode MSV/LFR trinkets, or will they have some staying power?

Unless I'm mistaken, Xuen (with 2/2 upgrade) will hold you into Heroic Elegon.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I don't expect to be doing heroics anytime soon, so I'll go ahead and pick up a tiger deck.

Niuzao will serve you well on Physical intensive fight, or fights where your gear is not up to par. However in the long run you would want Xuen 2/2 too paired with Heroic Bottle of Infinite Stars 2/2 since once you hit the 500 iLvl range survivability isn't much an issue if played well. I'd rather start doing 70-80k DPS as tank on ungimmicked fights.

Well tanking is something I mostly do in lfrs and 5 mans, so I'm not really too worried on that end. My usual off spec is healing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    For tanking, how about the Heroic Lei Shi Terror in the Mists?

The Tiger deck is good until Heroic Elegon trinket, and the Ox is just terrible for tanking. However, Tiger is pretty good for tanking so that really doesn't matter. In both cases, they'll get replaced at Heroic Elegon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefury* View Post
    The Tiger deck is good until Heroic Elegon trinket, and the Ox is just terrible for tanking. However, Tiger is pretty good for tanking so that really doesn't matter. In both cases, they'll get replaced at Heroic Elegon.
    Ox deck isn't terrible, just situational. You're not going to need the stam on most fights, but sometimes you will and you'll be glad you have the trinket. Also extra dodge on CD is pretty useful.

Deleted
    Ox trinket is a godsend on Sha Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchib View Post
    For tanking, how about the Heroic Lei Shi Terror in the Mists?
    Ok let me put my raid progression into a little context. I'm doing normal modes and will not likely be progressing into heroics much before 5.2.

How about the crane trinket, is that good for MW?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    How about the crane trinket, is that good for MW?
    Yes.

10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Ok let me put my raid progression into a little context. I'm doing normal modes and will not likely be progressing into heroics much before 5.2.
    Crane and Tiger are both very good trinkets and even worth upgrading. If you aren't tanking/progressing into heroics you probably wont need the Ox trinket but depending on the server it's probably pretty cheap at this point.

For BrM I prefer the static Agil over the static mastery on Bottle as the % of time the agil proc is up while your actually tanking isn't that hot so I'll probably stick with Xuen+Terror (when ever it drops) unless H Bottle falls in my lap. Though who knows maybe 5.2 will make mastery more appealing.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    For BrM I prefer the static Agil over the static mastery on Bottle as the % of time the agil proc is up while your actually tanking isn't that hot so I'll probably stick with Xuen+Terror (when ever it drops) unless H Bottle falls in my lap. Though who knows maybe 5.2 will make mastery more appealing.
    So in your opinion, H Bottle > H Terror [if fight dependent then what fight(s)] in 5.1? I have the option of getting both because we have those bosses on farm and I'm building my BrM spec. Any other opinions?

10+ Year Old Account
    For BrM I consider H Terror > H Bottle personally w/ Xuen, again for the static agil boost which creates a static boost to Dodge/Crit. BrM don't benefit much during a specific period of proc's it just usually serves to increase your average Energy/Chi or EB stacks over the course of the fight. Trinkets with dodge or mastery /use options can be timed around high damage or saved for when it's your turn to pick up the boss (since there are only a few single tank fights) but those are all on Stam trinkets.

5.2 is bringing some change to Mastery though will have to see what goes live, so I wouldn't pass up H Bottle though it's still a good trinket.

Bottle's uptime is 40-44% roughly due to the ICD, now factor in you are tanking the boss only half the fight and that drops the proc's use down to ~20% from a mitigation standpoint. I already cap EB at 15 stacks during the swap so the extra stats I gain during that period from procs are mostly wasted.

WW might be a different story I'd probably suggest you sim each trinket out and see what is best for you if that is a concern.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2013-01-03 at 07:08 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

In both cases, they'll get replaced at Heroic Elegon.
    This sentiment has been pointed out several times already in this thread, but I'd like to clarify something about it.

While the Heroic Bottle is better than Relic of Xuen, you do have 2 trinket slots. As the third best trinket, you wouldn't actually ever get rid of it until Heroic Terror in the Mists.

Heroic Terror in the Mist is actually quite weak with it's long ICD. I'd take Heroic 2/2 Bottle + 2/2 Xuen anyday. To those that keep saying Ox is crap stop imposing your sloppy play on others. Rotating that trinket actually make me capable of tanking bosses without requiring a single heal at all, heck I could even tank all 3 Quilins in Heroic Stone Guard with no heals solo till enrage. Next that comes into mind is Empress P3 where healers can just take care of DPS and just put HoTs on me will do.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Rotating that trinket actually make me capable of tanking bosses without requiring a single heal at all, heck I could even tank all 3 Quilins in Heroic Stone Guard with no heals solo till enrage.
    I would 'love' to see a world of logs report for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I would 'love' to see a world of logs report for this.
    I call shenanigans as well. Just did 25m last night and only having 1 dog for the whole fight (I got dibs on 2 dog duty next week lol) I still only accounted for 25% of "healing taken from" which is far from the 100% claimed.
    [/URL]

From my understanding, the Crane Deck trinket for Mist Weavers (fully upgraded) is third best in slot. At least in terms of mana regen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I call shenanigans as well. Just did 25m last night and only having 1 dog for the whole fight (I got dibs on 2 dog duty next week lol) I still only accounted for 25% of "healing taken from" which is far from the 100% claimed.
    ^^
    If any tanking class was capable of tanking bosses without any healer interaction they would justifiably be called OP and nerfed appropriately. As you rarely see BM tanks in top end guilds this tier for anything other than AoE gimmick fights i'm gonna call bullshit here. As for heroic dogs the majority of the damage actually comes from the bleed and as far as I know it doesn't stack, so the only difference from 1 dog to 2 dogs to 3 dogs would be the relatively small melee damage so if it weren't for the energy interaction tanking all 3 dogs would be entire reasonable, although doing it without a heal when the bleed alone ticks for 85k per second (assuming 10 man) is pretty far fetched: see log below for a breakdown of a typical damage spread

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10054&e=10357