Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Well, if the priest is disc, you want to use priest+shaman for healing it. In reality, if your paladin is your best healer, use him + either of the other two. But taking advantage of rapture + manatide for infinite mana on the disc priest is a big plus here (along with letting the disc priest get stacks = stronger atonement healing, as you're gonna have to stack on either your tank or a healer before P3).

    Your warlock SHOULD be able to slow the adds untill the last protector. Atleast ours was managing.
    Your mage is a much better choise for slowing adds than a hunter. A hunter has to spend a GBC every 5 seconds to keep an add slowed, a mage every 15 seconds (or not at all if he's arcane, which he should be).
    Also, hunter traps are aids. The add will be slowed, and unable to be slowed by other stuff like the Mage's slow while on the patch (as the longest duration slow always persists over shorter durations, and the patch is an "infinite" slow debuff), but as soon as it leaves the ice patch, it'll speed up and need an immediate slow. It's just not worth it.
    Hunter traps work remarkably well actually, me as an arcane mage however, I do glyph slow for this

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumash View Post
    Hunter traps work remarkably well actually, me as an arcane mage however, I do glyph slow for this
    It's still far inferior to any other slow aviable due to the "speeding up"-thing. In 25 man, anyway - I guess 10 man guilds might do the whole stacking thing slightly different (less people means less chaos, so I could imagine having groups just go behind/infront of the boss, and ranged killing adds from the boss position rather than when they spawn on stairs - this would mean that it doesn't matter if the add speeds up, as long as it dies. In 25 man, we have to literally stand on top of the add, or someone's gonna miss their stack due to god knows what, and before you know it, KABOOOM).

  3. #23
    In 25 man, what stack order works particually well?

  4. #24
    If a 10man team is 3 healing this fight, what would be the best way to do stacks without making it to difficult of a rotation, or is it going to be the same and a healer will just be gaining stacks along the way?
    Last edited by ripperman; 2013-01-10 at 07:56 PM.

  5. #25
    We're still having issues with this fight, and I feel like the problem is how we're arranging phase 3. It's very frustrating alas. Even when things seem pretty good we're keeling over at 45% on Asani.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...ses&boss=60583

    I had seen some videos having the warlock swap off adds to put in someone with an always available slow but I now think maybe it would be best if we stuck with Warlock + s-priest on them (our main people doing adds), or Warlock + Hunter. Mainly because at least the warlock could still 1gcd up dots on the main boss, and getting all shards back for haunt to execute the add is nice.

    We tried a variety of ways of distributing stacks of the debuff and I almost feel our dps was "too fast" since we were often going into the last phase with lowish stacks on the raid and dying before healers even need to start soaking. Which also brought up the possibility of 3 healing (eg arrange to put stacks on the high boss dps people first before the 3rd healer ever gets any).

    We were probably also heroisming way too early, and I doubt all the cds were going off in order or on time as it's fairly new to us still. I really could use some thorough advice on how you would do things if it were your raid setup. warlock,mage,hunter,rogue,monk(tank),s-priest x2,ele-shaman, holy pally + resto shaman.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Justusy View Post
    We're still having issues with this fight, and I feel like the problem is how we're arranging phase 3. It's very frustrating alas. Even when things seem pretty good we're keeling over at 45% on Asani.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...ses&boss=60583

    I had seen some videos having the warlock swap off adds to put in someone with an always available slow but I now think maybe it would be best if we stuck with Warlock + s-priest on them (our main people doing adds), or Warlock + Hunter. Mainly because at least the warlock could still 1gcd up dots on the main boss, and getting all shards back for haunt to execute the add is nice.

    We tried a variety of ways of distributing stacks of the debuff and I almost feel our dps was "too fast" since we were often going into the last phase with lowish stacks on the raid and dying before healers even need to start soaking. Which also brought up the possibility of 3 healing (eg arrange to put stacks on the high boss dps people first before the 3rd healer ever gets any).

    We were probably also heroisming way too early, and I doubt all the cds were going off in order or on time as it's fairly new to us still. I really could use some thorough advice on how you would do things if it were your raid setup. warlock,mage,hunter,rogue,monk(tank),s-priest x2,ele-shaman, holy pally + resto shaman.
    Make sure your hunter is SV for that fight. On your try 13 attempt no one had 9 stacks. You need 9 stacks on almost everybody to kill him. What we did is we waited a bit to kill regail so more people could get stacks. It worked out pretty well and we had a hunter trap put down when asani was the last one left. then we just focused him at 20% (while still maintaining the trap).

    You also should be doing your stacks a bit differently, after the add control ppl get stacks you should have your best dps get them first. In this case your rogue had 7 stacks and was at the top of the meters for after regail died. Let them get their stacks first so the fight goes faster and let them get their 9th stacks right before you kill regail. After your dps and tank have 9 stacks put the healers out back.

    You also have people not doing the proper burst from their class.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=7144&e=7196

    The boomkin, shaman and mage need to pick it up. Arcane has insane burst as well as shamans being up there too. Boomkins don't have much burst but he should probably get into an eclipse and stay at max lunar/solar power and when you kill regail he'll have some burst.

    This happened most likely because their 3 minute cooldowns weren't up (ascendance/arcane power). Waiting to kill regail a bit will fix this.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-15 at 09:13 AM.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  7. #27
    Thank you, it's really nice to hear it from someone else =D

  8. #28
    So on 25-man, are 5 ranged dps with 3 stacks each able to kill all of the adds without any help? I have the option of assigning any of the following ranged dps to the adds, and was probably going to do 2 sp's, 2 moonkins, and a warlock killing them, with our 2 hunters just dropping traps but focusing dps on the boss. We have more warlocks, mages, and an elemental shaman that we could also use.

  9. #29
    Just wondering. What order do people kill this and which do they find easiest?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by sakkdaddy View Post
    So on 25-man, are 5 ranged dps with 3 stacks each able to kill all of the adds without any help? I have the option of assigning any of the following ranged dps to the adds, and was probably going to do 2 sp's, 2 moonkins, and a warlock killing them, with our 2 hunters just dropping traps but focusing dps on the boss. We have more warlocks, mages, and an elemental shaman that we could also use.
    Have your locks glyph their 70% slow and then drain soul and soulburn to get their slow curse back. They can slow every add. They hunters will really only need to put their traps down close to the end since most people focus the boss at around 20%. I say have all your locks on the adds (their dots do the most damage), unless if some are your top dps (without multidotting the other bosses) and you have more spriests/boomkins.

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Just wondering. What order do people kill this and which do they find easiest?
    Kaolan -> Regail -> Asani.

    That is the easiest. Both mechancis from asani and regail make you lose dps on the bosses, but asani's corrupting water actually gives you burst dps back (which is what you need to kill him) rather than just making you move from the lightning storm and not get anything in return. Asani also gives you the healing buff Cleansing Waters which "Increases all healing received by 50% and heals for 5% of total health every 3 sec."Your healers will most likely prefer Asani because they wont have to move as much and there is a healing buff active during that phase.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Kaolan -> Regail -> Asani.
    Right I understand the mechanics, but I have seen (somewhere can't remember) a group doing Regail -> Kaolan -> Asani. Obviously Asani last.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Right I understand the mechanics, but I have seen (somewhere can't remember) a group doing Regail -> Kaolan -> Asani. Obviously Asani last.
    It's probably just to kill one very fast, but when you focus regail literally everyone will have touch of sha by the time you are about to kill kaolan making so much more damage go out. You also have to run out of the aoe thing in this case kaolan's does damage and regail's doesn't and you can get out and back in dpsing regail faster than kaolan.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  13. #33
    is it good idea to spellsteal cleansing waters?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by kirit0 View Post
    is it good idea to spellsteal cleansing waters?
    Not really. Chances are your mage is probably arcane and that much mana loss is not good. Just have someone dispel it. You can also stand in the water he spawns for the buff.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You also should be doing your stacks a bit differently, after the add control ppl get stacks you should have your best dps get them first.
    What is the advantage to having the add control people get stacks first vs. just giving them to boss DPSers first? Seems like P1 would go quicker if you just gave them to boss dpsers first, as they would make more use of the stacks on boss in P1.

    Also, has anyone else tried the FFA approach to stacks that Tajora mentioned on the first page?
    Last edited by Oatz; 2013-01-29 at 02:34 PM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Oatz View Post
    What is the advantage to having the add control people get stacks first vs. just giving them to boss DPSers first? Seems like P1 would go quicker if you just gave them to boss dpsers first, as they would make more use of the stacks on boss in P1.

    Also, has anyone else tried the FFA approach to stacks that Tajora mentioned on the first page?
    The point is that it's a fight with multiple targets. Multidot classes like warlocks, shadow priests, and boomkins do a lot of damage when they are able to dot multiple targets. They have the best DPS potential overall.

    Some melee do more damage when cleaving but they cannot cleave on this fight.
    Moozh <vodka> - Windwalker Monk - (US-Stormrage)

  17. #37
    we've put about 8 hours into this boss and we cant even get to the final boss, we keep dieing at around 50% on regail for various reasons. The first night we kept wiping to the interrupters messing up. tonight they were getting it down a lot better but we run into problems with switching groups for stacks while dealing with lightning storm. looking for advice on a better way to handle getting stacks.

    currently we do 33366688839999-healers, the farthest we've gotten is when group 4 is going in for their first 3 stacks, but things usually start falling apart with the wrong people getting a stack here and their while dodging lightning storm. i think its a bad idea to be switching groups more often in the more hectic part of the fight with the storms coming out, was wondering if there are any suggestions of better ways to go about accumulating stacks

    also to add this is 10 man and we have been 2 healing the fight, we have a healer that insists on 2 healing every fight in t14 so thats what we've been going with, kaolan is usually dieing around the time we are killing the 13th-14th add. would we be better off 3 healing?
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-02-01 at 05:08 AM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    The point is that it's a fight with multiple targets. Multidot classes like warlocks, shadow priests, and boomkins do a lot of damage when they are able to dot multiple targets. They have the best DPS potential overall.

    Some melee do more damage when cleaving but they cannot cleave on this fight.
    Pretty much this. The add control people can put dps on the boss and the adds and will need the stacks for the next adds because their spawn frequency goes up.

    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    we've put about 8 hours into this boss and we cant even get to the final boss, we keep dieing at around 50% on regail for various reasons. The first night we kept wiping to the interrupters messing up. tonight they were getting it down a lot better but we run into problems with switching groups for stacks while dealing with lightning storm. looking for advice on a better way to handle getting stacks.

    currently we do 33366688839999-healers, the farthest we've gotten is when group 4 is going in for their first 3 stacks, but things usually start falling apart with the wrong people getting a stack here and their while dodging lightning storm. i think its a bad idea to be switching groups more often in the more hectic part of the fight with the storms coming out, was wondering if there are any suggestions of better ways to go about accumulating stacks

    also to add this is 10 man and we have been 2 healing the fight, we have a healer that insists on 2 healing every fight in t14 so thats what we've been going with, kaolan is usually dieing around the time we are killing the 13th-14th add. would we be better off 3 healing?
    If you 3 heal it you probably won't have the dps to kill it. Sometimes you'll just have to swap during a lightning storm, there is nothing you can do about that. If the wrong people are getting stacks then the people supposed to be getting stacks need to adjust as well as maybe the people who got the stack when they weren't supposed to.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  19. #39
    i just read in another thread stacking 7-7-0-0, 8-8-7-0, 9-9-9-9. seems doing this we weill have little to no switching while killing regial, hopefully with g3 taking its full 7 stacks while dodging lightning storm, could this work?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Oatz View Post
    What is the advantage to having the add control people get stacks first vs. just giving them to boss DPSers first? Seems like P1 would go quicker if you just gave them to boss dpsers first, as they would make more use of the stacks on boss in P1.

    Also, has anyone else tried the FFA approach to stacks that Tajora mentioned on the first page?
    I'm sure there are many ways of stacking that will work fine. After some trial and error we ended up doing the 333-666-etc but stacking it on the tank and one melee (rogue) first, then the two add control people, then the next highest single target dps, then the other dps. Having a tank + melee get it at the same time helped out with positioning, but the tank was also doing a crazy amount of damage so it made sense from that angle as well. It seemed that the add control people were fine with the first three adds, and didn't really start NEEDing the stacks until later on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •