Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Are they really the same to you?

The silly things you get to say when you desperately want to prove a point...
    Yes, I see no reason to judge any of them and you've yet to give me any. Feel free to point out the difference, since I'm having such trouble finding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yes. You use your body in your work do get favours? Yes you're an object. You use your body to buy silly materialistic things? Yes you're an object. You are being used in change for money/stuff.
    You can put it as nicely as you can in that fantasy world of yours but that's the way it is and to be honest RIGHTLY SO.
    RESPECT for the women who didn't bend over to their boss and lost their jobs.
    So basically every cheerleader, model, etc. is somehow inferior to you. I doubt you'll find many people sharing your view, saying "that's the way it is" doesn't make it so. And to defend this view you resort to a circular argument - treating them differently is right because it's right? By now I'm pretty sure you're simply trying to intentionally provoke, but for argument's sake, let's continue.

There was a time when it was 'right' to treat all women as objects. There was a time when it was 'right' to sell and buy people as slaves. There was a time when it was 'right' to separate people based on their skin color. And every single time there were people like you, shouting off the top of their lungs, "that's the way it is and rightly so", who never ask "why? why is this right? what have they ever done to you, me, anyone?".

This makes me sad, that I don´t have more money
    8 year olds Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    personally i would be quite happy if prostitution was made legal. what a woman decides to do with her body is NOT the government's business.
    In most of latin and south america, prostitution is legal, but ´pimping´ is not. The woman must be free to work her own hours and be able to refuse any customer she wants. There are a lot of brothels here in Nicaragua, but from what I hear, they are more like bars that have rooms available to rent by the hour. The girls just hang out, then rent a room when they get a client. The owners of the bar don´t control the girls in any way.

A LOT, and I mean A LOT of college age girls here prostitute themselves occasionally if they get behind on tuition. In this country, a full time minimum wage type job pays about $100 per month... and there are plenty of older western business men here who will pay that for 1 hour with a college student.

It really is one of the problems with poor countries... money escalates dramatically. Think of it this way.. a decent cell phone here costs 2 months salary for someone with a generic job ( fast food, grocery store, gardner, housekeeper etc). Now imagine someone in the USA walking down the street with a cell-phone that costs $3000 in the USA...

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    What causes people to break moral boundaries and commit crimes? Need. What causes relative need in society? Disparity. Which gender has been associated throughout history with generally lesser rights and freedoms, as well as 1. influence and affluence in society? Women. The development as women being the more typical gender to employ prostitution, with men (who have historically had the financial and political authority) being the ones to 2. capitalize on said disparaged state, is inherently tied to said disparity throughout history, resulting in long term social trends as subtle and set in place as interpersonal dynamics. As studies in New Guinea have shown, where gender roles are essential reversed, the vast majority of things that we attribute to biology are in fact 3. social constructs.

Why are you reaching only for the most simplistic answer and then stopping there? Exploring the deeper reasoning behind things such as this is not only more factual, but more interesting.
    1. Gaining influence and affluence usually requires effort on your own part.

2. Or maybe it's the other way around, capitalizing on the opportunity for easy moolah. If you haven't realized there has been and there is quite a plenty of prostitutes of both sexes.

3. Social constructs in a situation where the whole premise is built on a social construct, oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    In most of latin and south america, prostitution is legal, but ´pimping´ is not. The woman must be free to work her own hours and be able to refuse any customer she wants. There are a lot of brothels here in Nicaragua, but from what I hear, they are more like bars that have rooms available to rent by the hour. The girls just hang out, then rent a room when they get a client. The owners of the bar don´t control the girls in any way.

A LOT, and I mean A LOT of college age girls here prostitute themselves occasionally if they get behind on tuition. In this country, a full time minimum wage type job pays about $100 per month... and there are plenty of older western business men here who will pay that for 1 hour with a college student.

It really is one of the problems with poor countries... money escalates dramatically. Think of it this way.. a decent cell phone here costs 2 months salary for someone with a generic job ( fast food, grocery store, gardner, housekeeper etc). Now imagine someone in the USA walking down the street with a cell-phone that costs $3000 in the USA...
    now pimping is something i am vehemently against because most of the time pimps abuse and mistreat their "women".

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Why do people buy four wheel drive vehicles when they only drive in urban areas with not much inclement weather?

Prestige.
    What's prestigious about having sex that is undoubtedly both awkward and bad?

Hey guys, I porked some slag I paid $35,000 to!

If you told that story to your friends they'd be embarrassed... both FOR you and to be associated with you.