Can magnetic air filters harm pc components ?

i want to know if it safe to use before buying them.
    and here is a link to one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811999226

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you don't place them onto the motherboard it's fine.

If you put them directly on a mechanical drive perhaps, otherwise no. The magnets used in those are way to weak to do any harm.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

You are safe. The magnetism is too weak and should be far off from sensitive components.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only things that are sensitive to magnetics are hard drives and floppy drives

we don't use floppy drives anymore, and hard drives are well shielded

for the sake of argument, a running CPU can be affected by magnetism, however the levels needed to that are intentional, you couldn't do that by accident, and certainly not with a passive magnet

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the neodymium magnet inside of your hard drive is more likely to cause problems.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    i want to know if it safe to use before buying them.
    and here is a link to one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811999226
    You'll be fine. I'm using some of http://www.frozencpu.com/products/88...c_Chassis.html along with a 120 x 3 on top of my case from the same company and no issues.

Aslong as they arent N46 & above or industrial-grade electromagnets you should be safe
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    the only things that are sensitive to magnetics are hard drives and floppy drives

we don't use floppy drives anymore, and hard drives are well shielded

for the sake of argument, a running CPU can be affected by magnetism, however the levels needed to that are intentional, you couldn't do that by accident, and certainly not with a passive magnet
    So are optical disc's, and technically all electronics are susceptible to magentics, but in what form and situation. A normal fridge magnet or basically saying household magnet and its of no concern. Now, wrap a nail in wire a few thousand times and hook it up to a car battery and yea you will destroy everything in there.