Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Its not "hard" to balance 2v2, its impossible.
    Unless you make every class behave differenlty when they are in a 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5 matches.

Why is pvp balanced around 3v3?
    PvP is not balanced! your question is invalid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

No. Certain classes and setups are stronger against others. That being said it is more balanced than 2v2 or 5v5. 5v5 being chaos and 2v2 being pathetically broken. Funny thing is 2s didn't use to be so bad. Wonder what made it tip the scales into unplayable shit.

I only hate that 3's balance causes BG balance to be even worse than it ever was.

See that Mage? Unless you have a friendly dispel at your disposal, you're fucked.
    Playing a Spriest? Unless you get peeled by that raging Warrior, you're fucked.

Both classes are balanced for 3s where that doesn't happen, however for those of us who dislike/don't enjoy Arena PvP is just painful sometimes.

they aren't balanced for 3's they are OP in 3's

15+ Year Old Account
    3v3 allows you to bring a DPS, a healer, and a CC thus letting Blizzard get everything they need into the mix. In 2v2, if a healer team survives double DPS, then healers become god mode everywhere else. 5v5 is more chaos than anything though.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as we are playing an MMO (those Ms stand for Massive Multiplayer) why exactly should the game be based around 6 players competing? You can almost play that many people split screen on a single console. I have always thought Battle Grounds with 30-40-80 people are a good direction. Where else can you go into an all out war where there is 100 people storming the battlefield against each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

I don't know why everyone wishes for PVP to be perfectly "balanced." You know that in the game of rock, paper, scissors that is PVP, you love owning certain (if not most) specs... or maybe its just me because I'm a frost mage and the only class I have issues with are hunters.
    Nonetheless, it's nice to know who you hold an advantage over in a BG and it makes PVP more dynamic IMO.

world of warcraft? balanced? lol

When that day comes It shall be glorious and worthy of much celebration

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Do you even know what type of company Blizzard is..?
    Well they aren't in it for charity

It's hard to balance cos world of warcraft is a PVE game. The PVP aspect came later and is a side game.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    Seeing as we are playing an MMO (those Ms stand for Massive Multiplayer) why exactly should the game be based around 6 players competing? You can almost play that many people split screen on a single console. I have always thought Battle Grounds with 30-40-80 people are a good direction. Where else can you go into an all out war where there is 100 people storming the battlefield against each other?
    Blame tbc, they tried turn the game into something the engine wasn't meant for

2v2 is just boring slow paced shit. Healer/DPS vs Healer/DPS is more boring than RBGs.

Copy pasted from another thread with the same exact title...

Quote Originally Posted by bot v2.38beta View Post
    It's due to how each class and spec brings different things to the battle. 3v3 offers the most dynamics with the minimum amount of players. While each class has advantages and aspects that they are good at, they all have a counter. If you are worried about snares and slows you can bring a Paladin for Hand of Freedom. If you want good control you can bring a Mage. If you want mobility in your healer, have him play a Druid.

Think of Arena as a game of Chess. There are strategies on how you make your team, how you open, how you apply pressure, how you counter, etc. In the 2v2 bracket you are better off than 1v1 but you can still lack important strengths. In 5v5 there are a lot more combinations, not only in team composition but amount of spells and abilities in play. So, 3v3 is easier to balance than any other bracket.

Battle Grounds aren't used for balance because the ability to win is decided on a goal. Flag caps and resource points are more valuable than killing the opposition. In theory, every BG is able to be won by not making a kill on a player.
    Edit:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nced-around-3s
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com

Blizz does not posess the ability or talent to balance this game if they did it would be done...it's never been balanced and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I don't like the excuse of "too hard." If we accepted that argument, then our species wouldn't have advanced so much.
    I don't like the fact that I have to pay into a failing social security system, but that doesn't mean the social security system doesn't exist.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 08:54 PM ----------

I'm not sure I really believe that balancing pvp around 3v3 equates to a semi balance in 2v2, 5v5, and RBG's. I really don't see any evidence for it. It was just an idea that it should work that way, but I don't believe it really does.
    Answer this. Do you actually not see any evidence for it, did you not look for evidence for it, or do you refuse to accept the evidence for it?
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Probably already been said but I think it's quite obvious. They've tried to balance it around 3v3 because you basically have 3 roles. Healer, Melee, Caster/Ranged and I'm guessing Blizzard intended for Arena to have 1 of each in a team to begin with before wizard cleaves/melee cleaves became stupidly good in their respective patches.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvP will never become "balanced" in any bracket. Someone will always complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I really believe that balancing pvp around 3v3 equates to a semi balance in 2v2, 5v5, and RBG's. I really don't see any evidence for it. It was just an idea that it should work that way, but I don't believe it really does.
    Why you ask? Because Blizzard said so...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I don't like the excuse of "too hard." If we accepted that argument, then our species wouldn't have advanced so much.
    You misunderstand. If healers were tuned to the level of 2s, for example, they'd be too weak to keep anything alive in 3s and 5s and everything above 2s would become DPS only, removing like 90% of the strategy involved in arena. It's not so much that it's hard, more that it has too many implications for everything else.

Also, the best way to balance 2s is to drastically increase class homogenisation, which Blizzard doesn't want. Because players would hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.