Who is Ra-Den? (THEORYCRAFTING)

In the new 5.2 raid, Throne of Thunder, you are pitted against twelve bosses and an extra heroic mode boss, Ra-den. So far in the PTR, there isn't any information about this "creature". So, what do you think this "Ra-den" character could be?

I believe that he is a creation of the Old Gods kept within the depths of the isle, and no one, not even Lei Shen, the mogu, or the Zandalari, knew about this creature.

There is already an establish thread about Ra-Den.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwing the Destroyer View Post
    In the new 5.2 raid, Throne of Thunder, you are pitted against twelve bosses and an extra heroic mode boss, Ra-den. So far in the PTR, there isn't any information about this "creature". So, what do you think this "Ra-den" character could be?

I believe that he is a creation of the Old Gods kept within the depths of the isle, and no one, not even Lei Shen, the mogu, or the Zandalari, knew about this creature.
    Not sure Mogu does not know about this "creature" as his own name is mogu/pandarish.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    I think it'd be pretty cool if it was an actual proper Titan, one the Mogu had caught, imprisoned and tortured and thus driven insane over the past few thousand years. Would also be cool if it was the same Titan that the divine bell was created from, since it was created from the makers flesh this titan would be pretty deformed.

Would be nice to get our first look at an actual Titan and not just one of their avatars and it would explain where the Mogu got their power from and if done correctly could provide a lot of lore about what happened in Pandaria during the Titan's war with the Old Gods and the rise of the mogu.

Raiden says what?

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 02:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    I think it'd be pretty cool if it was an actual proper Titan, one the Mogu had caught, imprisoned and tortured and thus driven insane over the past few thousand years. Would also be cool if it was the same Titan that the divine bell was created from, since it was created from the makers flesh this titan would be pretty deformed.

Would be nice to get our first look at an actual Titan and not just one of their avatars and it would explain where the Mogu got their power from and if done correctly could provide a lot of lore about what happened in Pandaria during the Titan's war with the Old Gods and the rise of the mogu.
    Not a titan, obviously..... Even more obvious, he uses lighting or "thunder"..... ^ Raiden = Ra'den
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    lord raiden obviously

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    lord raiden obviously
    Obvious, in what way?

You say it, like the name is supposed to give meaning..

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Obvious, in what way?

You say it, like the name is supposed to give meaning..
    Here is your meaning, sir:

"Raijin is a god of lightning, thunder and storms in the Shinto religion and in Japanese mythology.

His name is derived from the Japanese words rai (雷, meaning ‘thunder’) and shin (神, ‘god’ or 'kami'). He is typically depicted as a demon beating drums to create thunder, usually with the symbol tomoe drawn on the drums."

Be cool to have a series of drums in this encounter and after destroying each one you are imbued with a unique set of buffs that correspond with different phases of the fight.

He is known for throwing mere mortals onto an island to do combat to the death and is known for throwing his opponents into the air and using his hat as a giant buzz saw which he throws through his opponents while still in midair. FINISH HIM!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    He is known for throwing mere mortals onto an island to do combat to the death and is known for throwing his opponents into the air and using his hat as a giant buzz saw which he throws through his opponents while still in midair. FINISH HIM!
    Wrong Mortal Kombat character but nice try. That's Kung Lau. Raiden's hat isn't a weapon. He never takes it off.

I think it's just another normal boss, IDK why people speculate this would have ANYTHING to do with titans.....esp being a titan??

Really, you think blizz would pit people against THE MOST POWERFUL BEINGS.... in the second raid in of ALL the expansions... the peaceful panda bear MoP...?

Please spare me -_-

Well. It's the thunder king raid, so it's probably something to do with Raiden from MK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lac View Post
    Wrong Mortal Kombat character but nice try. That's Kung Lau. Raiden's hat isn't a weapon. He never takes it off.
    Kung Lao, and the fatality never goes down that way, any variation of it.

I would shit bricks if WoW made some MK references!

It's me, I've finally got tired of this raiding business and wanted to give it a shot from the other end.
    Had to assume an alter-ego though so guilds wouldn't hunt down my friends and family as leverage for guaranteed loot drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwing the Destroyer View Post
    I think Ra-Den is the control entity of a Titan machine captured by the Mogu, similar to how Elegon was a creature that operated the machine in the Mogu'Shan Vaults.

Lorewalker Cho warned that other Titan machines could be hidden throughout Pandaria, and where else could one be but in the Throne of Thunder, the supreme seat of power for the entire mogu race? None of the other bosses or creatures hinted at in the raid appear to be part of such a machine, so I think it's quite likely that the Ra-Den encounter will involve one.

I'm kind've expecting him to appear as a creature similar to the Firelands Ragnaros - big, glowing, made of lightning. Kind've like a FL-Rag version of Al'Akir.

Much as I love the Old Gods, we've pretty much got that angle sewn up in the Sha as the remnants of Y'Shaarj. There's plenty of beasties in the depths of the Throne of Thunder that look quite freaky, but they all appear to be results of mogu flesh-shaping magic rather than Old God malevolence.

10+ Year Old Account
    As was mentioned early on in the thread there have been other threads about this. Since posting in this one has died down I'm going to close it.

If you wish to continue your discussion about the nature of Ro-Dan...errrr...Ra-Den, do so in this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...what-Ra-Den-is

Thanks everyone.

- ML
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."