Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkDath View Post
    99/100 Anticipation is just too great to give up.
    Yes, basically. MfD has a great niche while leveling/doing dailies, but anticipaton is vastly superior for any PvE fight as for now. Even with heavy switching fights like WotE you won't take Versatility instead.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I don't really do much of the maths when it comes to considering new skills and where they will fit in, or if they will be overpowered/underpowered. I normally let the smarter and more motivated people crunch the numbers.

But would having MfD baseline create a situation where rogues become steamrolling gods in pvp? Even if it is paired with Anticipation, again, I don't know how the pro players use Anticipation in arenas, maybe they don't, I am not a huge pvp nut.

Surely the 1 minute reset on MfD wont matter in arena, as in most cases if you kill one person you have won? At least I would guess that is the case in the higher brackets.

I don't see it being intensely overpowered in PvE either, we get a free SnD to start a fight, and a much smoother way of handling multi target boss fights. Even coupled with Anticipation I don't see it being a gamebreaker or something that would make rogues King DPS by a huge margin.

But like I said, that is all anecdotal subjective opinions, I am sure EJ will be all over it soon.

edit: I discounted ST from this, but maybe MfD and ST will be overpowered in PvP.
    Last edited by SilkDath; 2013-01-04 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Forgot about ST

make anticipation a baseline, and create a new talent at least then we could have 3 equal poor end talents

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    make anticipation a baseline, and create a new talent at least then we could have 3 equal poor end talents
    Unless anticipation's replacement was really good I'm pretty sure everyone would just take Shuriken Toss pve and pvp.

Unbuffed on a dummy I can do 70k dps as sub with st and deadly throw and thats without ever having rupture up or ever being in melee range lol.

Deleted
    There are very few fights that force us to stay away from bosses this long, unlike Atramedes at the time. I bet most PvE rogues would take MfD if Anticipation was made baseline.

Any PvP Feedback?

Double cloak with 150 energy during dance sounds immense.

Deleted
    The shuriken damage for assassin will be immense too.

Can't wait!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't see it pointed out yet, so..

Hit and Run is not actually intended to stay as a level 60 talent, it's supposed to be Cloak and Dagger, as GC said on his Twitter.

EpyonTV: "I thought the rogue 60 talent was Cloak and Dagger? Where is it on the PTR? We got "Hit and Run". Late change?"
    ‏Ghostcrawler: "It's Cloak and Dagger. The targeting reticule and time teleport for Hit and Run weren't popular internally."
    Not sure why Hit and Run is still on PTR, though.

I'd link it too, but still too few posts :/

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what do you expect for rogues in 5.2? Better for pve and pvp? Cause I really wanna play a rogue since its my favorite class, but if its still useless in pvp and not the greatest in pve, then i'll roll something else. So for all you rogues out there, what are you observations so far? Still pvp useless and mediocre in pvp? Or will they kick ass in pvp and pve? Ty for input!

I suspect they could have taken off Hit and Run but they want to see whether we say, "Oh, this is nice!" Perhaps we can figure out some use they did not come up with or maybe rogues will just thing it's cool. I doubt it. Seems to me like their internal folks were right. I suppose it would be really nice if you could skip around for a while and then later press a button and return to the starting point. But that's just a warlock port.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    I suspect they could have taken off Hit and Run but they want to see whether we say, "Oh, this is nice!" Perhaps we can figure out some use they did not come up with or maybe rogues will just thing it's cool. I doubt it. Seems to me like their internal folks were right. I suppose it would be really nice if you could skip around for a while and then later press a button and return to the starting point. But that's just a warlock port.
    Sadly, no matter what, i can hardly see any use for HnR or CnD. Its not just about the use too ShS have a smaller CD than both of them, so it can be used more frequently. One of little uses for HnR i see on Elagon fight where you can port out to drop stacks and port back in, or the stuff like that, but other than that i see that ShS is far superior than both of them in their current state.

CnD.. looks really cool, i see it FAAARR OP in PvP and not so much useful in PvE. For instance, you have x class running around, you are in stealth, use SnD Cheap Shoot, which is basically ranged stun, you will be ported behind target instantly, so you have time to build us CP for Kidney Shot, which is another 5s stun. By that time.. target will have far less HP than you.

Im really interested how will future changes go on PTR, and what we will get as end result. I see much room for creativity with new talents, im not worried about them, but actual spec changes, i dont like idea of being forced to play spec that i dont like cause its performing better than others.. Heck then, i shouldn't bother to switch to my Rogue from my Monk, i could have stayed monk which i hate to play, they are getting some exceptional looking stuff in 5.2, not like us, unimaginable nerf and some minor damage patches/rewraps.

Monk
    * New Ability: Hit and Run
    Lulz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Monk
    * New Ability: Hit and Run
    Lulz
    They should give it to monks, they lack mobility A LOT.

To be completely honest I don't get what they wanted to achieve with the 5.2 changes. The Shuriken Toss + pvp energy bonuses + baseline prep are nice but I think it's too little too late maybe (not to mention most of these feel like only pvp fixes)? (CnD sounds good but for pve I think you will mostly take shs, in pvp dunno have to see how it fares).

BF nerf is totally retarded. If multi-rupturing up to 2(3?) targets can provide similar dps as muti with a still superior single target dps (honestly, the 5% extra ap doesn't do much) then combat is a lost spec. If BF still pulls ahead by a lot on cleave fights then basically nothing changed except they gave us a dps nerf. GC saying that they want to give combat a better aoe skill sounds silly too. If it's better than muti's/sub's aoe you will still want to spec into combat for aoe fights even tho there aren't that many (comparable to cleave fight numbers maybe?), if it sucks then nothing has changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delighted View Post
    They should give it to monks, they lack mobility A LOT.
    You had me going for like, one second.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Wonder what mad genius thought of Versatility, good riddance.

Making Preparation baseline finally is awesome.

Just hoping that Blade Flurry is not this severely nerfed before going live and I'm happy.
    Bigger than Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Djolisimo View Post
    Wonder what mad genius thought of Versatility, good riddance.
    Maybe the same genius who put throwing weapon spec and improved distract in out old talent tree

Im pretty dissapointed with the BF nerf, but the new moves are definitely a plus, the only thing im worried about is hit and run. when you cast you are teleported and after a certain amount of secs you are returned. Now is it possible to cancel it after the tele therefore leaving you there?

Quote Originally Posted by DrasumNato View Post
    Im pretty dissapointed with the BF nerf, but the new moves are definitely a plus, the only thing im worried about is hit and run. when you cast you are teleported and after a certain amount of secs you are returned. Now is it possible to cancel it after the tele therefore leaving you there?
    HnR - you pick a point and cast the ability, move around then after 10 seconds or cancelling the buff will port you to the selected place.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.