View Poll Results: What's your toilet seat etiquette?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm female and I choose option A

    4 2.27%
  • I'm female and I choose option B

    1 0.57%
  • I'm female and I choose option C

    14 7.95%
  • I'm male and I choose option A

    20 11.36%
  • I'm male and I choose option B

    70 39.77%
  • I'm male and I choose option C

    67 38.07%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,393
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Why is it an issue to touch the toilet seat with your hands? You touch it when sitting down and by 'normal' hygiene standards you wash your hands after.
    So unless you don't wash your hands after toilet use, touching the seat should for no one be an issue.
    Because I don't like touching it. Just because you can wash shit off your hands after touching it, doesn't make the experience any more pleasant.


  2. #22
    Banned Ms Andry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North of the law
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    That's why relationships don't work for me. Because I treat them as equals. Nothing special.
    you obviously don't know the first thing about relationships then

    you're supposed to treat them special. It's no wonder they don't for you. I would never want to be with someone who types a paragraph on why you won't just put the seat down instead of just doing it

  3. #23
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Why does someone have to touch the toilet seat to put it down because you chose to pee standing up? Guys have the option, girls don't.
    We've already discussed this. Girl's can go standing up too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Where is it stated that "lid down" is the neutral position? There is no "neutral position". If I have to put up the seat to pee, then why shouldn't the female not have to put in the same exact effort to perform the same exact function?

    Women want to be equal, but only if they get more out of it. That's why relationships don't work for me. Because I treat them as equals. Nothing special. Nine times out of ten, if I give them enough rope to hang themselves, they will. I'm not mean to them, I just allow them more freedom to live their lives as they wish. Loyalty does not exist in the women where I am from. No matter how good the relationship is, they always have one eye looking for the BBD.
    A sacred scroll in some asshole's sunken tomb.
    The lid is there for a reason that isn't just so your dog won't drink out of it. If you put the lid down after urinating, the female will have to lift it up again so that she can do the same thing. That's about as equal as it gets for all those sexist cunts every woman is now.

  4. #24
    Lots of talk about toilets today on MMOchamp.

    Anyways I chose the male b technique. I had to go through the trouble of raising it, so I think you can go through the trouble of putting it down.

    Otherwise I'm just gonna leave it down every time, and it's damn hard to thread that needle, if you know what I mean.

  5. #25
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    We've already discussed this. Girl's can go standing up too.
    Sure, it's possible, comfortable? No. Pee, everywhere.


  6. #26
    Scarab Lord JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    4,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Because I don't like touching it. Just because you can wash shit off your hands after touching it, doesn't make the experience any more pleasant.
    Is your toilet seat made out of poopoo? Do people do their duty on the toilet seat? Even urine rarely touches the seat (because you can pull it up).
    Believe me a toilet seat is one of the least dirty things in life you touch (Because I assume you wipe)

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Because I don't like touching it. Just because you can wash shit off your hands after touching it, doesn't make the experience any more pleasant.
    So this really has nothing to do with being male or female? You just don't like touching it but you also choose to bring gender into the argument? For what reason?

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Sure, it's possible, comfortable? No. Pee, everywhere.
    Male's have problems peeing everywhere when they're learning too. Think of all the pee games you can start playing standing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Is your toilet seat made out of poopoo? Do people do their duty on the toilet seat? Even urine rarely touches the seat (because you can pull it up).
    Believe me a toilet seat is one of the least dirty things in life you touch (Because I assume you wipe)
    Urine splashes all over the place when people go standing up. It's pretty unsanitary, really.

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    4,312
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Lots of talk about toilets today on MMOchamp.

    Anyways I chose the male b technique. I had to go through the trouble of raising it, so I think you can go through the trouble of putting it down.

    Otherwise I'm just gonna leave it down every time, and it's damn hard to thread that needle, if you know what I mean.
    The way I see it, men pull the seat up to show that they where galant enough to lift it to pee, a lot don't lift and just urinate, women should be happy we lift it

  10. #30
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,393
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Is your toilet seat made out of poopoo? Do people do their duty on the toilet seat? Even urine rarely touches the seat (because you can pull it up).
    Believe me a toilet seat is one of the least dirty things in life you touch (Because I assume you wipe)
    I wasn't implying that, I used it as an example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    So this really has nothing to do with being male or female? You just don't like touching it but you also choose to bring gender into the argument? For what reason?
    Sure it does, guys have the option to sit, if you're living with a female, realistically the toilet seat will need to be down more than up.


  11. #31
    B or C. B if you don't care about the cover being down, C if you do.




    Any woman who complains about falling in needs to fucking open their eyes.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    you obviously don't know the first thing about relationships then

    you're supposed to treat them special. It's no wonder they don't for you. I would never want to be with someone who types a paragraph on why you won't just put the seat down instead of just doing it
    Here comes the redundancy.

    Where is it stated that women have to be treated more special than any other human being. I'm not saying that I'm disrespectful to them. Quite the contrary, I treat any woman I'm with respectfully. The problem is, most of the time, I do not get that in return. Yes, I know there are good women out there, but they are few and very far between. And usually taken.

    Anyway, this isn't a relationship thread, so I'm bowing out. Back to topic, folks. My bad for derailment.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

  13. #33
    Scarab Lord JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    4,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    So this really has nothing to do with being male or female? You just don't like touching it but you also choose to bring gender into the argument? For what reason?
    chess and mate.

    I'm now going to leave this discussion, because I start to enjoy a discussion about toilet usage.
    Yeh I'm going to slowly shuffle away from this thread.

  14. #34
    Dreadlord Aquarela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    wonderland
    Posts
    764
    I'm a female and option C.

  15. #35
    Scarab Lord JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    4,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    B or C. B if you don't care about the cover being down, C if you do.




    Any woman who complains about falling in needs to fucking open their eyes.
    South Park!!!
    Where all using the toilet the wrong way!

    Oh yeh, I was leaving xS

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I wasn't implying that, I used it as an example.

    Sure it does, guys have the option to sit, if you're living with a female, realistically the toilet seat will need to be down more than up.
    No. Just like most feminists I know you just want a reason to bitch and complain about something. You stated that you just don't like touching it. Which leads one to believe if you were a male you would feel the same. So gender has no place in your argument, other than to disparage another gender because of a physical difference (the ability to urinate while standing or sitting) which is something neither you nor a male can control. You really just need to get over yourself.

  17. #37
    I'm going to have to go with option B as a male.

  18. #38
    Lid and seat should be down after anyone has been on the toilet, man or woman.

    I seriously can't understand why anyone would argue about that.

  19. #39
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    No. Just like most feminists I know you just want a reason to bitch and complain about something. You stated that you just don't like touching it. Which leads one to believe if you were a male you would feel the same. So gender has no place in your argument, other than to disparage another gender because of a physical difference (the ability to urinate while standing or sitting) which is something neither you nor a male can control. You really just need to get over yourself.
    How is it not selfish to decide to use the bathroom a certain way then expect someone else to put the seat down based on your own decision? If you lifted it up, you can put it down.

    Yeah, I'm totally a feminist.

    At the end of the day, who give s a shit? It's a 2 second motion, I don't like touching the toilet seat to put it down, but I don't actually bitch at the person who left it up. Do I think you *should* put it down? Yes. Will I castrate you for not doing so? No.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2013-01-03 at 10:40 AM.


  20. #40
    The Lightbringer NatePsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,924
    Male, Option B - be glad I'm not attempting to take a piss with the seat down, I flush and make sure I leave no mess so I think that's courtesy enough to excuse me from leaving it up. I once had members of the household that left period on the inside of the seat... So I had to personally clean it up thoroughly since I felt sick at the fact my parts would be touching that part of the seat.
    Last edited by NatePsychotic; 2013-01-03 at 10:42 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •