Poll: What's your toilet seat etiquette?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Man, option C.
    Flushing with the lid up is just gross as hell.
    So, you close the lud for flush, and thenreopen it, to see if you need to brush?

Leave it open during flush, and then you can see right away, if you need to use the brush.. It's actually not there for decorative reasons..

You folks must have some pretty ferocious toilets if the blowback is serious enough when you flush.

I haven't actually met anyone that gives a flying fuck either way, man or woman. Unless I literally piss all over the toilet and leave a pool on the floor, it's not a big deal. I'll put the lid/seat down because of good courtesy, but it shouldn't be expected off me.

I always close the lid before I flush. Why wouldn't I?

Deleted
    I usually sit down to pee, but my wife doesn't really care if I leave it up, down, or sideways. It's just not important. Only tv cares.

Deleted
    Man
    Option: C
    Whats the reason to even have a lid if we are not going to use it? :S

Deleted
    guy here

coming from a family with 2 sisters the major thing i learned is: sit down and put the seat+lid down after you finished.ALWAYS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    guy here

coming from a family with 2 sisters the major thing i learned is: sit down and put the seat+lid down after you finished.ALWAYS
    A moment of silence for our opressed brother.
    Don't worry M!LF is under way (Man ! Liberation Front)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The hygenic part here is that you should lower the lid before you flush. End of story

Proud nerd

My confession: I like the Swifty 1shot macro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Flushing with the lid up is just gross as hell.
    Haha...yes it is. I watched some sort of 60 Minutes story where they took this couple who thought they were total neat freaks and put them through a neatness test. Surprisingly the experts only gave them a C, and one of the reasons is they would leave the lid open when they flushed. Then they showed why it's bad using like a blacklight or something and it showed the toliet spraying particles like...everywhere. It's like a freaking toilet-water explosion all over your bathroom if you leave the seat up. You can't really see it, but it's happening. That image kind of ingrained in me that I need to put the seat down when I flush.

I've been in this situation before. I put the situation like this to her and it finally made sense.
    If it is okay for her to expect me to leave the toilet seat in such a position that she does not have to check before she sits, then it is okay for me to expect the same for her, so I find the seat in a position where I don't have to look before I pee. By nature these offset each other, leaving us to deal with the problem individually.

I make 2 exceptions. Pregnant women get the open bathroom nearest to them, seat down. No exceptions. When the dog is in the house, the lids stay down when the bathroom is unocupied.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

15+ Year Old Account
    it depends if it is a male house or a female house!

I'm female and I voted option c because it is gross to leave the seat up but because we also have two cats that love water and will play in the toilet if the seat is left up. The seats are always down in our house and put down by people that use our toilet.

Deleted
    This thread is the actual definition of first world problems.

Where is the "I got tired of this senseless drama so I just piss in the garden or out the window" option?

TBH, if it is up, you can put it down. It is not taxing, just like it is not taxing for me to put it up if I find it down. Thankfully despite having lived with many women over the years I have only run into this argument through hearsay, it has just never been a real issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I look at it like this: It doesn't take any effort for me to lift the seat or put it down when I'm done, and it makes the womenfolk happy. Why make a big deal about something that costs me nothing and makes someone happy? It's like complaining about paying someone a compliment.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    What lid? -

Deleted
    Option A if it's in my own apartment.
    Option B if am at someone elses place.

Personally I never lift the toilet seat, however its because I don't piss like a retard so 99.9% of the time I have 0 mess.

First off regarding the man vs woman subject, women don't need to touch the seat with their hands could easily use their feet to bring it down. It's practically effortless and you have gravity on your side, whereas a man has to bend over touch the underside which is probably full of dry piss and last weeks curry which will probably find its way into the finger nails, and work against gravity by pulling the damn thing up. Hell honestly when I'm in a public bathroom I use my feet for holding the door in and flushing the toilet and pulling the seat down.

Secondly, some guys, who are uncut, might piss all over the damn place just because they don't pull their foreskin back, its amazing how many people don't do this. Pull it back and you'll be able to piss a clean stream from a mile away instead of pissing sideways or pissing a forked stream.

Thirdly, stealth pissing is an art with a high skill ceiling. Sometimes the bowl has too much water so its not possible to get a good angle unless you bend low, however your risk of fucking up the bathroom increases unless you're professional. Stealth pissing can prevent splash back, so you don't have to wipe the seat for spots of piss, however it has to be at a critical angle and toilet bowls vary from each establishment so this involves a fair bit of mental calculation and physics.

Now there's also the fabled art of seat-less shitting/Asian style which knocks out all problems, however this is hard to pull off and not something I'd recommend unless you're highly trained professional on a proper diet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have taken to making sure the lid is always down.

Not because of my girlfriend and not because of hygiene.

I just don't want to ever drop my phone into the toilet again.