Poll: What's your toilet seat etiquette?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also when me and my wife first started living together she tried to pull this argument on me. So I said to make it 100% fair each time one of us uses the toilet put both the seat and lid down. And if we forget and are called out on it we put a dollar in a small jar with the other person's name on it. That lasted about 3 weeks till she got tired of it and there was enough money in my jar to buy her a random gift. I spent my jar money on her. She is still puzzled to this day why I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Everyone should put the gosh darn seat down and stop bitching about it.
    NO! God damn it. It takes less effort to put down than to raise up.

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    seat down and lid down once im done ( im a guy btw )
    You don't sound like one. Bam!
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-01-03 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    NO! God damn it. It takes less effort to put down than to raise up.
    But, that looks gross.

Just put the seat down ...

Seriously, it takes no effort at all! As a Man it really annoys me how people are like: "It takes more work, blah blah blah".

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You're meant to close it when you use the toilet, preferably before flushing, mainly because during flushing, a very large amount of water vapor, and with it bacteria as well as fecal matter and the sort, is sprayed out from the toilet due to the rushing water. There are very graphic examples of this online if you're interested.
    im interested. can i get a link? i would like to show this to my brothers =p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    How is it not selfish to decide to use the bathroom a certain way then expect someone else to put the seat down based on your own decision? If you lifted it up, you can put it down.

Yeah, I'm totally a feminist.
    Feminists are for equality, putting the toilet seat down is not opression by the male gender. (Also don't bring good manners into it because most good manners are all about unequality)

goddamnit, why am I still here!

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it not selfish to decide to use the bathroom a certain way then expect someone else to put the seat down based on your own decision? If you lifted it up, you can put it down.

Yeah, I'm totally a feminist.

At the end of the day, who give s a shit? It's a 2 second motion, I don't like touching the toilet seat to put it down, but I don't actually bitch at the person who left it up. Do I think you *should* put it down? Yes. Will I castrate you for not doing so? No.
    Just like you said "who cares?" You obviously do. And truth be told I leave it in whatever position it was in when I used it. But To complain about it, then reveal it's just a matter of you not liking to touch a toilet seat, something I totally understand, and then bringing gender into it for no reason is just silly to me. Also why should someone accommodate you not liking to put it down? Perhaps a person you live with does not want to touch it to put it up? Solution. Glue a big handle on the side of the seat that sticks out like 6 inches. That way you never have to touch the seat.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Feminists are for equality, putting the toilet seat down is not opression by the male gender. (Also don't bring good manners into it because most good manners are all about unequality)
    Wanting the toilet seat down sure makes someone a feminist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Just like you said "who cares?" You obviously do.
    I really don't. It's an online forum where opinions were asked for and I gave it.

At this point not only do I leave the seat up when I pee, I also raise it when I go in to brush my teeth or shave. I live for the furious screech from someone not bright enough to look at the toilet before sitting down.
    Oh, I always close the lid when I flush though. Option c is legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    The way I see it
    #1 Men stand up
    Women sit down.

# 2 Men sit down
    Women sit down

Therefore, it's more likely (if you have 1 man and 1 woman living together) that the next person to use the toilet will need to sit down, for one reason or the other. So the seat should be put back down (I mean really, the seat should be fully closed for flushing purposes).

Realistically speaking, I don't really care. If it's been left up, I put it down before sitting on it. It's not something I'm going to have a row about. Although I might swear a bit if I stumble into the loo in the middle of the night and nearly fall in to the bowl because I was half asleep and didn't notice it was up :P
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    Option A is obviously stupid, so B or C. C is preferred for hygiene reasons, but B is ok too.
    Unless your toilets are in the same room as the rest of your bathroom (with your shower, toothbrush, etc...), then it really should be C.

Deleted
    Guys.. hey guys listen.. what about.. guys listen.. what about the sink?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanting the toilet seat down sure makes someone a feminist.

I really don't. It's an online forum where opinions were asked for and I gave it.
    Sure seems that way when you needlessly bring gender into a discussion that doesn't warrant it.

What did you think of my handle idea? I'm semi serious about it too. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Conclusion: If you have a lid on your toilet, why is it ever open? It's there for a reason. You're meant to close it when you use the toilet, preferably before flushing, mainly because during flushing, a very large amount of water vapor, and with it bacteria as well as fecal matter and the sort, is sprayed out from the toilet due to the rushing water. There are very graphic examples of this online if you're interested. Thus, this model is equal for both parties, as well as the most hygienic.
    Wrong when you put the lid down, the water vapor (with all the bacteria as well as fecal matter and the sort) get thrusted out with more force from underneath the lid. So unless you have an airproof lid, you spread the water vapor even further.

The lid is there because of tradition, we wheren't always able to flush, back then the lid was used so you didn't have to look at someone elses (and all the people before him) leftovers.

It's more hygienic to put the seat down. How is this even an argument?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    Guys.. hey guys listen.. what about.. guys listen.. what about the sink?
    This is used for urinating while drunk, as is the bath tub and the shower (ow yeah, 80% of men pees in the shower while showering, bet you didn't know that).

I support B over A. Why should I be expected to prep it for a woman, when she does not return the favor? Of course, C is the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Sure seems that way when you needlessly bring gender into a discussion that doesn't warrant it.

What did you think of my handle idea? I'm semi serious about it too. lol
    I'll just say this, if it wasn't for different genders the toilet seat would probably never needed to be lifted up at all except for cleaning purposes.

It's not that big a deal where I'd rig out all the toilets in the house so no one has to touch it, like I said, I don't like it, but I'm not going to claw out my own throat and light myself on fire because I had to touch the toilet seat, it's just that I personally don't want to, 10 times out of 10 I will.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my house, lid and seat never stays open (it closes by itself due to gravity and lack of a holder), so, when i go for #1, i just hold seat open, and when i finish it drops down by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    I always put the seat back down then I'm done.