Poll: What's your toilet seat etiquette?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just saw the South Park episode about toilets last week and its funny that this topic shows up.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...everse-cowgirl

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    We've already discussed this. Girl's can go standing up too.

A sacred scroll in some asshole's sunken tomb.
    The lid is there for a reason that isn't just so your dog won't drink out of it. If you put the lid down after urinating, the female will have to lift it up again so that she can do the same thing. That's about as equal as it gets for all those sexist cunts every woman is now.
    Off topic, but didn't you used to refer to yourself in the third person, or am I thinking of someone else?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I know, a lot of people are like that. I just get a bit annoyed when people who get weird about stuff like that but not about all the other germs infesting our world call me disgusting because of a personal habit I think is perfectly within reasonable limits for hygiene.
    I am like this because I'm living with my mom and two other brothers, one is a baby btw, and even his toothbrush is near the others! :s

Until I go live with someone, because I love him/her, I would say I wouldn't mind at all having my toothbrush near her/his toothbrush. I'm just weird like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Off topic, but didn't you used to refer to yourself in the third person, or am I thinking of someone else?
    I believe he still does at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    I think that Skellington had 2 L's.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for closing the toilet. Whenever I use it I always completely close it when I'm finished. However all of my room mates are women and they always leave the lid open seat down. >_> who is the lazy gender again? (Joking)

10+ Year Old Account
    My wife insists on the following (and i agreed after some time):

1) The seat must be lifted whenever you're not sitting on it.
    2) The rule 1 applies to both women and men.

The reason is to protect the seat from possible drops of water that could spill out when you flush.

So none of the above options is applicable here. However if not at home - i use schema B.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a guy and I just put up the seat whenever I pee and put it down when i'm done... I just leave it in the state it already was. My mom is the only female (except when GF's are over) and she's got nothing to complain I don't understand the fuss about shit like this, its a fucking small effort to do it.. :/ Also: leaving the seat up when done just makes the toilet look ugly, i dont like ugly.

We never close the lid though, i think im resistant to the micro water bubles that apperantly kill others.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

I chose option A and I'm a male. Honestly, it takes all of 2 seconds to do either task. For something that takes 2 seconds, I can't believe people would actually think it unfair, or even call it "work."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

My cat likes drinking water from the toilet bowl, so I leave it open for him no matter what.

Also, for the same reason that other people think toilets look better closed, I think it looks much better, aesthetically speaking, when open with the seat up.

Plus I spend most of my time at home (IT work), whereas my girlfriend spends most of her time away, so the default position of the seat in our house is always up.

Deleted
    I leave the seat up.

It is hardly an issue having to lift the seat up or put it down, i live in a house with 2 men and 1 women so its a non issue.

I went with option C, because otherwise my cat drinks out of the toilet and that's just gross. If I had no pets, I wouldn't care one way or the other. I don't mind putting the seat down, and I don't mind finding it already down. The only time I'd ever have a problem is if I get up in the middle of the night, half awake, and sit down without looking. If the seat's up you fall through, and cold toilet water on your bottom is REALLY not cool. Well, I suppose technically it is in fact cool (or downright cold) but it isn't fun! Even in that case however, it's my own fault for not looking.

Deleted
    I don't think I know anyone who cares enough about the position of the seat to mention it, so I guess I'll have to abstain my vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    I don't understand why so many guys here think it's such a pain to put the seat down when you're done. I've been doing that literally for as long as I can remember, even in public male-only bathrooms (of course, I use a sheet of toilet paper as a buffer for them). It's just habit for me. I honestly don't understand what's so difficult about a guy lowering the seat when you can just let gravity do most of the work anyway.
    We don't think it's a pain in the ass to put it down, we think it's stupid to throw a hissy fit every time he forgets.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    We don't think it's a pain in the ass to put it down, we think it's stupid to throw a hissy fit every time he forgets.
    That is stupid. On the other hand, it's equally stupid to make a big deal out of something that takes no effort and yet seems to make the people around us we care about happy.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    I always (98%) of the time lowers bot the seat and the lid. Always have done that aswell.

My husband and I both agree on leaving the toilet seat and lid down after we do our business. Our "YAY THE POOL IS OPEN" cats led to that decision. It's not so much because of germs but rather because they get so wet and then curl up on our bed afterward. x_x

Deleted
    I don't like touching toilet seats, if it's down when I need to pee I choose option D.

Pee in the sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Evalonne View Post
    My husband and I both agree on leaving the toilet seat and lid down after we do our business. Our "YAY THE POOL IS OPEN" cats led to that decision. It's not so much because of germs but rather because they get so wet and then curl up on our bed afterward. x_x
    Your cats like water? I wish my cat was like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    That is stupid. On the other hand, it's equally stupid to make a big deal out of something that takes no effort and yet seems to make the people around us we care about happy.
    I have nothing against putting my seat down.

I'm just saying, don't start yelling just because I forget once in a while.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Evalonne View Post
    this, lol. our cats are assholes. also have a 2 year old, and if she doesnt see an open toilet she wont think to put crazy shit in it (im hoping, been working so far)
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.