Poll: What's your toilet seat etiquette?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    My point of view is that there's no point in me putting the seat down, because for all I know I will be the person who uses the toilet next time too.

Just use the god damn toilet however you need to and then leave the seat in that position. Don't force other people into preparing the toilet for you to piss...

Also this is probably the most useless topic I've seen in months anywhere.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2013-01-03 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not hard to lower a toilet seat. Guys lift it, girls lower it. Equal work.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Your cats like water? I wish my cat was like that.
    Yeah, it's weird. 2 of our 3 cats love water. The older male (5 1/2 years) has always been like that (he likes to be clean and has even asked for a bath before). Now our little kitten has decided that water is AWESOME as well (though it may have a bit to do with his tendency to do whatever his "big brother" does). The 16 year old female has nothing to do with such shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Evalonne View Post
    Yeah, it's weird. 2 of our 3 cats love water. The older male (5 1/2 years) has always been like that (he likes to be clean and has even asked for a bath before). Now our little kitten has decided that water is AWESOME as well (though it may have a bit to do with his tendency to do whatever his "big brother" does). The 16 year old female has nothing to do with such shenanigans.
    Haha, that's pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    this, lol. our cats are assholes. also have a 2 year old, and if she doesnt see an open toilet she wont think to put crazy shit in it (im hoping, been working so far)
    Lol! Yeah, we don't have a toddler (or any kids) yet. Heaven help us when they do and they form an alliance to help each other do weirder stuff than they could accomplish alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Haha, that's pretty cool.
    Thanks. ^_^

On-topic, I guess, without crazy cats (and/or toddlers) in the mix, I'd say look before you sit/do your business. It takes 1-2 seconds to put it up/down. If you leave it the way someone else uses it, good on you. If you have to do it yourself, it's not a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    option C,

Unless my guy gets me shitty or i drink a monster. then we both try to leave the cover up, i always have to pee like crazy, it just helps with my clumsiness. lol

Deleted
    I put everything down after I'm done, because that's how it's designed. Prevents any unwanted smells in the air and unwanted items in the toilet. I don't see why this is something to argue about, there shouldn't be "someone else" to do things for you.

I prefer having the seat left down, the lid left up. Leaving the seat down is the ideal model for everyone, imho. More people use the toilet with the seat down (including men when they need to defecate, and some men prefer to keep it down when they urinate, too), so it makes the most sense. I don't like having the lid down because my cat uses it as their water bowl. The little amount of bacteria that would leave the toilet when it's flushed is what the immune system is for.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Evalonne View Post
    My husband and I both agree on leaving the toilet seat and lid down after we do our business. Our "YAY THE POOL IS OPEN" cats led to that decision. It's not so much because of germs but rather because they get so wet and then curl up on our bed afterward. x_x
    Same here! It's been a normal thing to do ever since our smallest cat did a suprise attack on me while I stood pissing, she went straight down the toilet, I had to cut it midflow(a OH FUCK! situation ;P), it's hard, so not only was she wet from the water, but I also managed to pee on her as well.

They use it as a stepping stone to get into the bathtub.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-01-04 at 12:49 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Same here! It's been a normal thing to do ever since our smallest cat did a suprise attack on me while I stood pissing, she went straight down the toilet, I had to cut it midflow, it's hard, so not only was she wet, but I also managed to pee on her as well.

They use it as a stepping stone to get into the bathtub.
    one of my cats is 16 pounds, the other 10, neither is fat. the larger is big enough to drink from the toilet with his back paws on the ground
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    one of my cats is 16 pounds, the other 10, neither is fat. the larger is big enough to drink from the toilet with his back paws on the ground
    hehe, we got two, one is big and fat, she's only really fat during winter season though tbh as she does little els but rest/sleep, refuses to go outdoors when it's cold. And the small one, she is really tiny, completely different animals. She looks like she is maybe 6 months max, almost like a kitten still, but she is closer to two and a half years now.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

After cleaning many bathrooms while working part time and going to school: I'd rather clean a mens restroom than females. Some females are just disgusting in what they do with their hygiene items.

I personally do option C. Leave it just as clean as you'd want it left for yourself imho.

Option B as a male.

Deleted
    I sit down as a guy...stop acting like fecking machos and take a piss in a decent way. I'm sure a lot of guys can aim very well, but looking at public bathrooms I think it's fair to say than more than half can't aim for shit.

Deleted
    wash basin, anyone? *trollface*

Considered polite to put it down. But, since i pay the bills it's what ever i feel at the time :P

If I have to put the seat up the woman can put it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the aftermath is bad, then the lid goes down, nobody wants to smell last nights dark ale binge. Didn't pick anything in the poll because accountability and the fact that I'm really really fucking tired.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    Girls have to lower the seat, guys have have to lift the seat, gravity works against us. Therefore guys have to do much more work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    wash basin, anyone? *trollface*
    I won't lie, I've used one before because the trip to the toilet (Navy Base) was a few minutes and it was freezing, it's was only to take a piss though, if it was a dump then off to the toilet I go... there's a limit to how gross I will get lol.

To be honest, posting about the wash basin was my initial thought to a comment here lol.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD