Each year me and 8 of my mates from London hire 4x4’s and go camping in kilts for 2 weeks in remote areas of the world, we don’t use guides. So far we have done...
1. Morroco (Sahara Desert)
2. Gambia, Senegal, Mali (to get to Timbuktu)
3. South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe (Kalahari desert & Makgadikgadi salt Pan
4. Libya, Egypt, Sudan (Following the Nile)
5. Namibia (Following the skeleton coast)
This year (20th April) we are doing Nevada, Utah and Arizona. We plan to do a round trip starting in Las Vegas then Reno, Salt Lake City, Phoenix then back to Vegas obviously doing most of the trip off road, none of us have been to america before.
My question is this:
1. What remote places do you recommend we visit?
2. What do we need to look out for? (Animals and People)
3. With the gun laws how they are I take it we need to be careful straying onto someone’s land?
I understand I can read this in a guide book but I would rather speak to you fine people.
EDIT: Current Route we are taking Link