Page 1 of 83
... LastLast

State of Florida V. George Zimmerman trial.

I have to say that watching this so far and hearing both sides laying out their case and how they are questioning the witnesses. It seems like the State of Florida is really grasping for straws. Each time they try and make a point the defense team is showing that it is normal everyday type of thing.

I do think that the 911 operator that spoke with Zimmerman is really crushing the State of Florida's whole "He ignored the orders." I think it was very good that he basically said, "We can't tell people to follow them or not to follow them as we're liable for it. So we give general things to do." So Florida's argument that he wasn't following orders is now void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    I dont really see a point of opening new thread until the verdict, everyone has made their minds up and most will not change their opinions no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    I dont really see a point of opening new thread until the verdict, everyone has made their minds up and most will not change their opinions no matter what.

Why not. This thread is about the trial. The other thread is about the whole confrontation and aftermath. I mean really do we need 5 threads about the NSA leaker? People have made up their minds, but now that it isn't NBC or FOX reporting the "facts" and we're getting the real facts. People may change their minds.

If you don't like it feel free to not post or reply here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    The State's entire case is based on grasping at straws. Whatever happened that night, Zimmerman did not go out with the intention of murdering Martin in cold blood. But that is the entire foundation of the State's case. They are claiming that Zimmerman intentionally and purposefully pursued Martin with the specific intention of murdering him. They cannot prove this case, because it simply isn't true. Zimmerman saw a guy, pursued him to make sure nothing bad happened, and Martin then jumped him and started pounding on him for whatever reason. Zimmerman responded, felt afraid, and shot Martin.

At the absolute worst, Zimmerman is guilty of involuntary manslaughter. But the better odds are that it was self-defense, and therefore justifiable homicide. The State should have gone for something more like criminally negligent manslaughter - but for whatever reason (probably at attempt to pander to the Civil Rights groups) went for a charge that they cannot possibly prove.

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    The State's entire case is based on grasping at straws. Whatever happened that night, Zimmerman did not go out with the intention of murdering Martin in cold blood. But that is the entire foundation of the State's case. They are claiming that Zimmerman intentionally and purposefully pursued Martin with the specific intention of murdering him.
    Even the 911 operator said that there is no anger in his voice and he is calm on the phone and it felt like every other phone call of the type he has taken. I really don't see how they are going to prove that Zimmerman wanted to end Martin's life. It will be interesting to see what other evidence that they have because I felt that the defense won the opening statements with ease.

This entire thing is pathetic. The State of Florida is just being pressured into making an example of this Zimmerman because of racial reasons. In all likelihood Zimmerman was provoked into defending himself. The sad part is that Zimmerman will probably be found guilty of murder even though the evidence I have seen points away from that. Racism works both ways folks.

Zimmerman is being sacrificed at the altar of political correctness. It's obvious to any sane individual he defended himself against Trayvon. That doesn't matter as the county just wants to avoid race riots.

The pathetic thing is, if George Zimmerman were gunned down by a blonde-haired, blue-eyed white guy, all you would hear in the media is that a hispanic man was gunned down by a white racist who hates hispanics. But Zimmerman is unfortunately white-hispanic(something that didn't exist until the media coined it simply to inflame black people). Even more pathetic, if George Zimmerman were a black man, this story wouldn't have made news outside of the county where it took place, because black men murder other black men at such a high rate compared to other races, it's almost commonplace in American cities.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Zimmerman is being sacrificed at the altar of political correctness. It's obvious to any sane individual he defended himself against Trayvon. That doesn't matter as the county just wants to avoid race riots.

What does this say about the legal system though. I really think that at this point, even though this is the first day, the jury is going to comeback in less than 20min with a not guilty verdict. I am glad the judge said no "expert" testimony on who was screaming for help in the 911 call. That was just going to be a huge cluster of one expert saying one thing and another saying something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am more concerned about the aftermath. People are probably going to die.

I do think it's funny that black TV commentators are saying the defense is blowing it. I feel that they are doing exactly what they need to do and the cross exam is going 100% in their favor.

What is going to be odd is if they allow all the 911 tapes that he has ever made in. When the defense tried to get in Travons past aggression how he liked to fight they were all about throwing it out. I think if they let one in, they have to let the other in also.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    This entire thing is pathetic. The State of Florida is just being pressured into making an example of this Zimmerman because of racial reasons. In all likelihood Zimmerman was provoked into defending himself. The sad part is that Zimmerman will probably be found guilty of murder even though the evidence I have seen points away from that. Racism works both ways folks.
    Zimmerman wouldn't have been provoked into defending himself if he wasn't following an innocent guy as he went to his house.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 11:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post

The pathetic thing is, if George Zimmerman were gunned down by a blonde-haired, blue-eyed white guy, all you would hear in the media is that a hispanic man was gunned down by a white racist who hates hispanics. But Zimmerman is unfortunately white-hispanic(something that didn't exist until the media coined it simply to inflame black people). Even more pathetic, if George Zimmerman were a black man, this story wouldn't have made news outside of the county where it took place, because black men murder other black men at such a high rate compared to other races, it's almost commonplace in American cities.
    Political correctness what does this have to do with political correctness? Is political correctness a new buzz word that people like to pull out of their asses and complain about? Even in cases where it has nothing to do with "political" correctness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zimmerman wouldn't have been provoked into defending himself if he wasn't following an innocent guy as he went to his house.
    Stephanie wouldnt have been raped if she hadnt been wearing a shirt skirt. Same reasoning. Just as terrible. And the word is beaten not provoked.

Which can be proven by physical evidence and photos. Which is why this whole case is a bunch of bullshit. If not for the news media and the professional black race baiters screaming white on black hate crime to make money, this obviously hispanic man wouldnt have been charged in the first place.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeus View Post

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 11:14 PM ----------

Political correctness what does this have to do with political correctness? Is political correctness a new buzz word that people like to pull out of their asses and complain about? Even in cases where it has nothing to do with "political" correctness.
    You may want to do a little reading on political correctness, because this case is the very definition of it.

Also, it's not a new buzz word, it's been around for 25+ years, fueling government stupidity since before you were born.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    You may want to do a little reading on political correctness, because this case is the very definition of it.

Also, it's not a new buzz word, it's been around for 25+ years, fueling government stupidity since before you were born.
    Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a pejorative term that refers to language, ideas, policies, and behavior aimed at minimizing alienation of and discrimination against politically, socially or economically disadvantaged groups.

How is this the case here?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Stephanie wouldnt have been raped if she hadnt been wearing a shirt skirt. Same reasoning. Just as terrible. And the word is beaten not provoked.

Which can be proven by physical evidence and photos. Which is why this whole case is a bunch of bullshit. If not for the news media and the professional black race baiters screaming white on black hate crime to make money, this obviously hispanic man wouldnt have been charged in the first place.
    Or at least charged with something they could realistically prove.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Or at least charged with something they could realistically prove.
    Pretty sure they decided not to charge him, then the media did its whole White on Black, flashing picture of 5ft 12yr old instead of over 6ft 17yr old thing, then the DA got replaced and the new one charged him.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a pejorative term that refers to language, ideas, policies, and behavior aimed at minimizing alienation of and discrimination against politically, socially or economically disadvantaged groups.

How is this the case here?

The big issue with this case is the pressure to find "justice" from the black community. Because if you don't charge they will say "It's be cause he white hispanic."

It will be interesting to see how the judge rules tomorrow on the whole prior 911 tapes. Florida trying to get them in as they are showing his "state of mind" to me is another attempt to grasp a straws because he says the world "black" in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    The big issue with this case is the pressure to find "justice" from the black community. Because if you don't charge they will say "It's be cause he white hispanic."

It will be interesting to see how the judge rules tomorrow on the whole prior 911 tapes. Florida trying to get them in as they are showing his "state of mind" to me is another attempt to grasp a straws because he says the world "black" in it.
    It does show his state of mind... not so much because he says black but because he was paranoid and going after someone despite being told not to. I don't think he should be charged with murder, but definitely manslaughter.

Deleted
    It does show his state of mind... not so much because he says black but because he was paranoid and going after someone despite being told not to. I don't think he should be charged with murder, but definitely manslaughter.
    Didn't he stop when he was told to ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    Didn't he stop when he was told to ?
    No... he pursued. I mean if I was being followed by some person in a car and then they got out of the car and continued following after me I would be pretty worried.