So i decided to try some oldschool games when this happens

Last edited by Bucinela; 2013-01-03 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    Run it in compatibility mode.
    That wasnt the point , i did run the game , i just thought it was funny how it failed the tests because the game could not understand the pc .Maybe a bad joke .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucinela View Post
    That wasnt the point , i did run the game , i just thought it was funny how it failed the tests because the game could not understand the pc .Maybe a bad joke .
    Pretty much a bad joke, it's a pretty common "issue" with an easy fix.

I can understand it failing on the operating system and the DirectX thing, it can't recognise the newer versions. Fair enough.

But it also failed on memory, when it quite clearly states that your computer has 4GB, when the requirement is 8MB. I mean what, you have too much? 'Woah no, hold your horses, that's just TOO MUCH POWER.'

Quote Originally Posted by Bucinela View Post
    Did the game really not understand that 4GB (4000MB) was more than 8 MB?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I can understand it failing on the operating system and the DirectX thing, it can't recognise the newer versions. Fair enough.

But it also failed on memory, when it quite clearly states that your computer has 4GB, when the requirement is 8MB. I mean what, you have too much? 'Woah no, hold your horses, that's just TOO MUCH POWER.'
    "I cannot. Such power is too much for one machine to handle!"

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Did the game really not understand that 4GB (4000MB) was more than 8 MB?
    Probably because 4GB is 4096 MB.

I'm going to learn how to use DOSBox at some point. Got a ton of old games I really loved playing back in the day, that I'd like to break out now.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post

When that game was released, RAM in the orders of gigabytes was unheard of. Have you considered that it does not know what "GB" would mean in the context of RAM and simply errs on the side of caution?

And yes, machines much more powerful than what applications were designed for can cause numerous problems, thus should not be supported by the developer.