Deleted

Patch 5.2 - Which classes will prevail

Hey. I would like to hear, which classes / specs people think is going to be strong and perform well. And witch specs/classes are going to underperform and feel weak. ( From a raiding point of view )

From information gathered from PTR or from reading patch notes, or previous experience with gear scalling etc

This includes - Healers, dps and tanks.

AND Of course it's very much up to the skill of the individuel player to perform well, but i would like to hear thougths on what the advantages some classes might have.
    Last edited by mmoc3f4d3cd242; 2013-01-03 at 11:45 AM.

I don't think they will add witch classes into the game. But if they do, then I think whichever one doesn't die to standing in the water will prevail.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-01-03 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    Haha, i admit i made a critical error in the head line, tho i can't seem to find where to change it, tho thanks for letting me know:-) And ups and sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they will not go mad with rapture, spirit shell and divine aegis nerf. If it will be all good (playable, competitible) I will be happy
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    I don't think they will add witch classes into the game. But if they do, then I think whichever one doesn't die to standing in the water will prevail.
    Best thing I've read all morning, even though I missed the original error. +1 for you

OT: It's a bit early to discuss this in terms of specific mechanics, but if we can draw anything from the class changes post, and the inferred higher iLVL items, I think that we will see some serious improvements in classes that favor secondary stats. Thinking rog, feral, ret for haste scale melee, perhaps DKs? Not sure about healers. Tanks I feel we may see some improvements in BrM's and guardians as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Well here are my predictions (dibs on FIRE SAID TWUD BE SO ^^)

TANKS

Death Knights

With Prot Paladins & Warriors destroying T14 I think they will bring some love to DK Tanking.

All other 4 tanks will be strong but we will see a significant performance burst from DK's

HEALING

Resto Shamans & Druids have been the so-so healers this tier bringing their utility to a bare minimum combined with their burst HPS. This tier there will be many moments for these to shine.

Holy Paladins are in a very solid spot and won't budge too much.

Disc Priests won't really get nerfed but instead for solid parsing it will be back to Spirit/Crit optimising over Spirit/Mastery due to SS scaling as well as the Mastery intake from gear & buffs just puts Crit so much higher for throughput. For the pussy slacky healers, mastery will always be there..

Holy as always will be the OS Disc healer when the absorbs are unnecessary.

Monks will just "be there", noone will ever care. It will never bring what the other classes can.

DPS

Fire mages will comeback. It will be a similar copy to DS where Fire & Arcane were very close and were fight dependant.

Arms might be brought back up to speed, unsure about it's efficiency vs. Fury.

Unholy might get stronger but same deal as the warrior prediction, unsure if it will surpass Frost.

Rogues will remain multi-spec.

Elemental won't change, looks like Enhancement will have another Tier to shine, hope this brings some Enhancement enthusiasm back as well as interesting variation.

Hunters just derp anyways, noone cares.

Boomkins will shoot high, they need to be brought back up to scale. Ferals might go slightly down in spec score as they can't keep that competetive or else Druids would be broken if they brought all 4 specs to a solid level of gameplay.

Shadow will be good, nothing crazy but it will be good.

Warlocks will be amazing as always, Demo bursting will come back slowly due to gear levels (if people remember, mastery set Demo locks bursting during FL/DS etc).

Windwalkers will either be like Feral or Enhancement, unsure as of now in my prediction. There might be some new substat scaling making them work differently..so just wait for some nutcase tester to blow our minds.

All I know is that the PTR is going to be filled with Windwalker craziness.

This is without mastery buff with mastery still reforged off of. (pro tip: our rotation includes two abilities that use 2 chi, one that uses 1, and one that uses 3.)

Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-01-03 at 06:59 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    I've got my own PTR up and running and i copied my Monk over. And started doing some dummy dps testing ( I can't make links yet, on the EU realms, it's Mistrá on Twisting Nether ) And as you see, my gear is horrible and ungemmed. I used to do 40k steady on the dummy but just by going on the PTR my dps went up to about 62k steady, which is quite a huge increase, so i think WW monks are either gonna get nerfed abit or be near the top for the next patch.

And for Arcane, witch is right now the top dps, they are going to kill Scorch-Weaving so they are likely to fall abit back, not sure how much tho.

I agree with you, Vifire, about the healers. I think it's gonna be something like that. Which for me, as my main is MW, is kidna sad. So i might change to WW for this Patch^^
    Last edited by mmoc3f4d3cd242; 2013-01-04 at 11:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the windwalker changes that are on PTR will make it live the FOTM of the month DPS will be windwalker. I suspect a small number nerf somewhere.

On the tank department i suspect the tanks will be much closer now. Depends ofc on the fights we will see in 5.2, but with a couple of buffs and nerfs thrown around they will be much closer overall.

On the healer side I feel that we might actually have a good tier. I think the few changes we have seen so far will bring up the underperforming healers and bring down the overperforming ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    I hope they will not go mad with rapture, spirit shell and divine aegis nerf. If it will be all good (playable, competitible) I will be happy
    My priest seems to think there buffing disc, so I'm gonna take his word for it.

Deleted
    Do we really feel DK tanks are not doing well? As far as I am concerned they appear fine (HC Sha yet to be experienced with the thrash) and certainly in a way stronger position than firelands DK tanking.

If the changes to Tigerseye Brew/Mastery for monks go live as they are on the PTR right now, expect to see Windwalkers all over the top of your damage meters.