Thread: Mind Sear

Mind Sear

Whenever I'm around a priest in a scenario these days i'm seeing nothing but violet lasers.
    I'm not seeing SW:P on mobs before it's applied and I've even seen it started when only a single mob was remaining (I don't think i'm confusing it with MF either - plus i think one time it was a disc using it).

Am I hugely underestimating the value of that spell at 90 (my priest is only 88)?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't make any assumptions about how a class is supposed to be played based on groups from LFG... I once encountered a shadow priest using Inner Will in a dungeon - I asked why he wouldn't use Inner Fire and he replied, "I want the speed buff."

Mind seer is fairly good right now, but there are points where DoTs plus mind seer is best, and then points where mind seer alone is best. I haven't done any actual math and someone could correct me, but it's something like:

1-2 Targets - DoTs and Mind Flay
    3-4 to 5 Targets (depending on movement required) - DoTs and mind seer, more movement, more DoTs
    5 or 6+ Targets - just mind seer
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

10+ Year Old Account
    In LFD I MS single target.

That's just how I roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post

That's just how I roll.
    I knew you were pro. Now I know why. <3
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post

That's just how I roll.
    So do I when I reach the 20th stack on Alysrazor.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

If there are 3 targets or more and you're standing still, the most dps you can do is to just mind sear.

Quote Originally Posted by Thehealbus View Post
    If there are 3 targets or more and you're standing still, the most dps you can do is to just mind sear.
    no, you put pain on up to 5 targets before mind searing if the dot will run its course

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not even close - I just did the following tests with my current gear unbuffed, standing still on 3 targets:
    Mind Seer only: 50k DPS
    SW:P and Mind seer only: 68k DPS
    SW:P, VT, Mind Blast, DP, Mind Seer: 87k DPS
    SW:P, Mind Blast, DP, Mind Seer: 78k DPS

I don't know where people got the idea that mind seer was all of the sudden better than DoTs. I've seen it repeated many times. It's just not true unless it's a 6+ group of mobs and you're not moving.

One fight that comes up a lot is Wind Lord. This fight it is likely best to mind seer and use divine star. Using VT only to regen mana. Any less targets than that and you should have DoTs up. VT goes first around 4 or 5 targets, then SW:P around 5 or 6.
    Last edited by lwalker8; 2013-01-04 at 09:14 PM.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!