Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenaru View Post
    Never have I claimed that to be a good idea, jonish. This was more in reply to "amgwtf Sps suck and there's no way they can do good dmg on said boss".
    The problem is that people saw the dps output that we had during cata and now they crave those same results.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    You, sir, feel terribly wrong. They add nothing but RNG, and RNG is what we've all hated when playing our fire mage / moonkin alts in DS.
    Not to derail the thread but, I agree so much with this. One of the most enticing aspects of playing as a shadow priest in the past was the absence of unpredictability, which was replaced by having to plan far ahead in the fight on what you would do with quite a lot of abilities. All this proc-based gameplay has left a sour taste to me. First clipping was removed almost entirely now dots are secondary... And the fact that we now play more similarly to all the existing proc-based class-specs doesn't help.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2013-01-12 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    The problem is that people saw the dps output that we had during cata and now they crave those same results.

you mean competitive dps based off player skill ? yes , the player base does crave that.

Though , that is in fact inaccurate as well since shadow even in Cata did poor single target dps, just not on the scale of they way things are current. Shadow was propped up by encounters with multiple targets and DoT dps that was off the charts. These things no longer exist, thus removing the artificial boosts shadow had in Cata.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    Not to derail the thread but, I agree so much with this. One of the most enticing aspects of playing as a shadow priest in the past was the absence of unpredictability, which was replaced by having to plan far ahead in the fight on what you would do with quite a lot of abilities. All this proc-based gameplay has left a sour taste to me. First clipping was removed almost entirely now dots are secondary... And the fact that we now play more similarly to all the existing proc-based class-specs doesn't help.
    the irony of it all is how much blizzard hated the shadow play style in cataclysm, yet turned around and mirrored it into MoP's version of affliction.
    Last edited by jonish; 2013-01-12 at 10:33 PM.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by jonish View Post
    you mean competitive dps based off player skill ? yes , the player base does crave that.
    Or the fact cata/end of wrath was the first time shadow was ever above the 15th dps.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Yeah I wasn't here for Cata, but I hope for a world where every one can DPS at this magic 5% delta

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy if Blizzard just did a reset on Shadow Priests back to WotLK/Cata style.

I know this isn't going to happen, but I miss being 1st or 2nd in dps every fight, even while breaking DPS to help heal or whatever needed.