Poll: Pick

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Nope.
    I'm the kinda person who has very guilty conscious, and knowing that I'm not pulling my weight doesn't sit well with me. I also believe that you should try when possible to respect each whenever possible and that this afk'ing isn't a polite thing to do.
    Absolutely true. I just find completely disrespectful to join a group activity in wow (LFD, LFR, Scenario) and just remain AFK and expect get carried by the others, wasting other people's time. So when i join LFR, i actually contribute to the run, and avoid AFKing.

i left an encounter once and got loot via mail. good job!
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, LFR is a good place to have fun padding the meters.

I might put a friend on follow for trash though.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Im a hunter, fight begin and i pop all my CD and top meter burst. 45-50 sec later, when everything is on cd, i go afk

No. As I play mainly tank classes I have to work much to hard to stay alive with half of the healers undergeared or not trying and the other half afk or on follow.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I can't believe so many people actually do this, never thought it would be a majority at the very least. I never have and never will, just seems like a scumbag thing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    I can't believe so many people actually do this, never thought it would be a majority at the very least. I never have and never will, just seems like a scumbag thing to do.
    But it's cool, Everyones doing it! So you have to!!!
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

i think everybodies guilty of doing this !

Sometimes, when I just really don't feel like doing it. Of course it would go faster if my DPS was in the fight (since I'm finally valor geared and I pull some good DPS), but sometimes I really have no interest since I'm not getting drops anymore.

Damn you Wrathion and the 6000k valor you want -.-
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    every single week on main and alts, I idle, afk, on most fights. I raid on my main and thats more then enough for me too bother with raid content, LFR new raid been out for a while most times is no wipes, so I auto shoot on hunter or cast a few on my casters and idle in lfr, usually doing something else on my other account on 2nd screen.

If raid wipes, then I will assist with dpsing, other wise, nup afk ftw in that crap hole
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Deleted
    I mostly try to pull as much dps as possible to get it over quicker, but sometimes you have to go afk to pee, and then ill run like no tommorrow!

I don't on my 2 primary characters, but my 4 alts I afk hard when I bother to run them. Autoattack, tab to netflix, etc. When I actually put in effort and actually pay attention to the other people in the group they piss me off way too much.

I will AFK if I have to get LFR done + something else, if I get a choice between doing school work or LFR, why not chose both? I will generally just play properly, and even if I afk 70% of the time, the 30% of the time I'm doing something is enough to get me into top 5 of overall damage most of the time.

I stopped caring about people being afk a long time ago, theres also several times where we 12-15manned bosses because people were afk or just really bad.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

I dont technically afk. But I wont avoid any damage and I occasionally go out of my way to take damage. If I get killed I kick back and read an ebook till the boss is dead.

But untill I do die I do go balls out on dps.

yeah on my rogue this week i was afk for all 16 bosses, playing lol on the other screeen only got kicked 1 time - but hey i could que again

yeah it sucks to be like this, but i feel i need to do lfr to get the upgrades i can, and the valor, but its just to boring, relly hate thay put it into the game

There've been many times where I've deliberately underperformed - usually by doing little more than auto-attacking - but I've never just gone afk entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never done it on purpose. I always try to play to the same standard - whether I'm raiding with a guild, in a PUG, or doing LFR. I don't see a good reason to perform poorly just because a lot of other people don't care.

That said, I have done an LFR or two after coming home drunk, and let's just say that those don't always go well for me.

Deleted
    Usually I burst all cd's win dps then afk till execute phase and win dps again. Some fights just ain't worth my time and I completely tab out/leave the computer. I understand why lfr is in the game and it does serve a purpose but with the current looting system and the fact that it's beyond faceroll I simply can't spend any meaningful amount of time or energy in there.

I've never gone full afk during any fight, but I have tried just doing auto shoot on my hunter and pressing serpeant sting every 15 second or so while watching TV. No pet control, no explosive/arcane shot, CDs. Nothing.

I was number 6 on DPS.