Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Rate the Monk above you!

    So I don't know if we've had one of these threads recently, but I think they're pretty fun so here goes.

    Basically (I bet you all know how it works) you rate the poster above you's armory link (their stats, reforges, enchants, gems, talents etc - in a 1-10 scale) and then link your own armory to put it up for rating.

    I'll start.

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orium/advanced
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  2. #2
    Field Marshal Triemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    So I don't know if we've had one of these threads recently, but I think they're pretty fun so here goes.

    Basically (I bet you all know how it works) you rate the poster above you's armory link (their stats, reforges, enchants, gems, talents etc - in a 1-10 scale) and then link your own armory to put it up for rating.

    I'll start.

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orium/advanced
    Gear 7/10: -3 for the PvP-necklace, ring and gloves.
    Personally I would use an Ghost Iron Dragonling instead of the heroic trinket.

    Transmog 9/10: Nice combination of gear but the Talon of the Phoenix just doesn't fit.
    Rather get the green fistweapons from the vendor at the Peak of Serenity if you don't like the Claws of Gekkan.

    Here's mine: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nchow/advanced
    Last edited by Triemer; 2013-01-03 at 03:14 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Triemer View Post
    Gear 7/10: -3 for the PvP-necklace, ring and gloves.
    Personally I would use an Ghost Iron Dragonling instead of the heroic trinket.

    Transmog 9/10: Nice combination of gear but the Talon of the Phoenix just doesn't fit.
    Rather get the green fistweapons from the vendor at the Peak of Serenity if you don't like the Claws of Gekkan.
    The PvP gear is better than blues from heroics, and I use the Talon because I just got it. Nice transmog you've got there yourself, by the way. Won't rate you because that'd kill the thread before it got anywhere at all.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  4. #4
    Alrighty then, let's keep it going.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triemer View Post
    Hm. Overall... 6-7/10 or so, I'd say.

    Colossus is a bit of a 'meh' enchant, Windsong is generally better. You're missing an enchant on your bracers, and a belt buckle (though I understand if you want to wait for an epic before getting a buckle).

    Hit and expertise is perhaps a bit high: 7.5%/7.5% is good to go for, especially if you offspec as WW. Purely for Brewmaster, hit and expertise don't do much beyond give you a bit more reliability with resource income, so it's fairly difficult to justify more than 7.5% exp. And more than 7.5% hit is just wasted.

    Prioritise haste a bit more, lower your hit/exp amounts, maybe get the movement speed enchant on boots (with agi). Little things that all add up, really. You've got the general right idea, but there's room for improvement.

    EDIT: Oh, and since you rated for transmog, I will too: Shado-pan armor is awesome. 8/10, lose points for unoriginality even though it looks cool. :P



    My armory is in my signature. Be gentle with me! :<

  5. #5
    damn, too slow....

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 02:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Alrighty then, let's keep it going.



    Hm. Overall... 6-7/10 or so, I'd say.

    Colossus is a bit of a 'meh' enchant, Windsong is generally better. You're missing an enchant on your bracers, and a belt buckle (though I understand if you want to wait for an epic before getting a buckle).

    Hit and expertise is perhaps a bit high: 7.5%/7.5% is good to go for, especially if you offspec as WW. Purely for Brewmaster, hit and expertise don't do much beyond give you a bit more reliability with resource income, so it's fairly difficult to justify more than 7.5% exp. And more than 7.5% hit is just wasted.

    Prioritise haste a bit more, lower your hit/exp amounts, maybe get the movement speed enchant on boots (with agi). Little things that all add up, really. You've got the general right idea, but there's room for improvement.

    EDIT: Oh, and since you rated for transmog, I will too: Shado-pan armor is awesome. 8/10, lose points for unoriginality even though it looks cool. :P



    My armory is in my signature. Be gentle with me! :<
    Well i know your armory for a long long long time because of the BM threads. can't add much because i know your points, know your likes and dislikes. but i just don't like this red crazy looking armor. u have FULL Tier Set. go get some nice shoes to trans and then show the real monk style!

    you got that good stuff upgrated, nice rings, damn, no luck with that belt hm? let me guess about that staff, no dropluck with that fists?

    all in all 9/10 because of that armor :P

    my armory in the sig too
    Last edited by siccora; 2013-01-03 at 01:49 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    damn, too slow....

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 02:45 PM ----------



    Well i know your armory for a long long long time because of the BM threads. can't add much because i know your points, know your likes and dislikes. but i just don't like this red crazy looking armor. u have FULL Tier Set. go get some nice shoes to trans and then show the real monk style!

    you got that good stuff upgrated, nice rings, damn, no luck with that belt hm? let me guess about that staff, no dropluck with that fists?

    all in all 9/10 because of that armor :P

    my armory in the sig too
    - Not hit capped but expertise hard capped.
    - Expertise hard capped (yes I know I mentioned it above.) Look at parses, 2 parries of keg Smash over a 6min+ fight is nothing and you are losing valuable mitigation stats, aka Crit. Almost a 1 to 1 ratio of reforging out of Crit and into Expertise. Ouch.
    - 80 stats > 300 stamina for chest.
    - Double Dancing Steel > Windsong as a second proc.
    - Celerity? This is a question only. I only used it when leveling, and switched to Momentum for raiding for the active speed boost after rolling. So many fights where this is handy.

    Other than those things, looks ok. Here is a log to look at concerning Expertise. RNG is RNG, but there are MULTIPLE logs that show the same thing if you look hard enough. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/bs4sd...?s=1115&e=1623 - #1 world Will of the Emp. 2 Parries of Keg Smash, the deflections were on the Courages as splash damage.

    I would rate an 7/10 due to the above, and obviously lower ilvl as you are just starting to get into Heroics.

    Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Well i know your armory for a long long long time because of the BM threads. can't add much because i know your points, know your likes and dislikes. but i just don't like this red crazy looking armor. u have FULL Tier Set. go get some nice shoes to trans and then show the real monk style!
    Doh to slow lol. Don't have much to say on Gynshon usually agree with your posts/ideas and your obviously very far into heroics and know what you are doing. FYI I think Siccora is under hit cap due to picking up 2 pieces of gear yesterday and not fixing reforging yet. Armory links don't really tell you much outside if someone is to lazy to use a reforge site or gem/enchant their gear. Logs are always a lot more telling.

    I got the T14 helm last night and put it on with my current transmog for lol's. Guild was commenting on my "necklace" =P Forgot to transmog the claw it looks pretty goofy.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2013-01-03 at 05:11 PM.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Moderator Alysmera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    669
    Nice armory link, SurrealNight. Took me a while to figure out that your signature picture = armory link :P As you logged out in WW spec, I'll grade you on that - though I seem to recall that you typically play BrM.

    - -100 points for alliance.
    - just kidding
    - While your mog doesn't suit my tastes, I like it otherwise - though your helm kind of sticks out to me given that it doesn't match the color scheme that well. I believe the LFR version of the helm would help better.
    - Get rid of some of that haste. With Ascension, having 6K haste will make it so that you never use Energizing Brew or Fists of Fury - which is bad. Bad! *shakes newspaper* It would allow you to go into more crit.
    - You have too much expertise. Ignoring the socket on your belt might help you drop some of it - perhaps gemming for pure agility. (on that note, I am currently also gemmed for the same bonus - but it's not necessarily necessary. It's just nice to have a smaller gain in hit/exp, so I'm not necessarily dinging you for it, just noting that you could drop it to bring down both your hit and exp)
    - On that topic... you have both a haste gem AND a crit gem on your belt. Which are you trying to stack?
    - I disagree with your choice on Healing Elixirs. For most fights, phyiscal reduction or magic reduction are stronger. I can't think of any off the top of my head where healing elixirs would be stronger.
    - I am jealous of the fact that you are DW. I have not had any fists drop for me I noticed that you only just received the claw from Shek'zeer and have already enchanted it - that could be another area where you can drop some expertise once you are able to reforge it. I'm assuming that this is the reason why you are well over Expertise (soft) cap.

    Being that it's your offspec (if I recall correctly), I'll be nice and give you an 8/10 overall. Just a few nitpick things.
    Last edited by Alysmera; 2013-01-03 at 05:36 PM.

  10. #10

  11. #11
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo300 View Post
    Not too sure on WW priorities and such, but it seems like you're 'forging and gemming what you need to be. /jealous at the fact you can get so close to hit/exp caps without going under; personally I HATE being under the caps, even if it's 7.49 or whatever. Also heroic/elite gear /drool, hope I get there soon! 9/10

    xmorg - not my cup o' tea, but i do appreciate what you're trying to do 7/10


    Mine: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B4shi/simple
    Disclaimer - was 'forging and gemming exp to personally test my dps in a raid environment (I think I'm at a decent place survivability wise). Have a few sidegrade items I switch in and out of to see which works and which doesn't.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Doh to slow lol. Don't have much to say on Gynshon usually agree with your posts/ideas and your obviously very far into heroics and know what you are doing. FYI I think Siccora is under hit cap due to picking up 2 pieces of gear yesterday and not fixing reforging yet. Armory links don't really tell you much outside if someone is to lazy to use a reforge site or gem/enchant their gear. Logs are always a lot more telling.

    I got the T14 helm last night and put it on with my current transmog for lol's. Guild was commenting on my "necklace" =P Forgot to transmog the claw it looks pretty goofy.
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    - Not hit capped but expertise hard capped.
    i think i'm under hit cap because i'm a draenei?????????

    and i try to go with that 7,5% exp thank you
    Last edited by siccora; 2013-01-03 at 07:27 PM.

  13. #13
    @NRL1515

    Lookin' good so far, admittedly as a main spec dps I'm not 100% on Brewmaster stuff, but from what I can tell you're on the right track!
    Diggin' the full tier look, not sure how I feel 'bout the fist transmog personally, though.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../sazaar/simple
    Come at me monk bros! Been trying to lean more toward crit recently, can't wait to try it out in my raid tonight. And uh, ignore the PvP gloves, Sha is being mean and they were better than my crafted 476s ones. >.>

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    i think i'm under hit cap because i'm a draenei?????????

    and i try to go with that 7,5% exp thank you
    Does the Draenei racial not show up on the stat sheets? I thought it did, but maybe it doesn't.

    Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaras View Post
    @NRL1515

    Lookin' good so far, admittedly as a main spec dps I'm not 100% on Brewmaster stuff, but from what I can tell you're on the right track!
    Diggin' the full tier look, not sure how I feel 'bout the fist transmog personally, though.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../sazaar/simple
    Come at me monk bros! Been trying to lean more toward crit recently, can't wait to try it out in my raid tonight. And uh, ignore the PvP gloves, Sha is being mean and they were better than my crafted 476s ones. >.>

    Rating you over Gynshon since he's already had someone and figure my advice on WW is going to be worth more than BrM (my offspec).

    As for your gear, given your access to content I'd rate it around 8/10. By now you could have a few more conquest pieces so that's really the only negative.
    Enchants/gems 10/10 (missing glove tinker unless it doesn't show)
    For reforges I'd go around a 6/10, I ran a sim and with your weights I can manage 7.55% hit (over hit capping isn't as bad as expertise since white hits) and 7.51 expertise.

    Reforges are as follows: OH exp-haste, helm hit-haste, swap for new neck you got last night, shoulder mastery-hit, cloak haste-hit, chest remove, bracers crit - hit, gloves hit-haste, belt remove, leg hit-crit, boots crit-exp

    Overall you lose 2% crit but gain 4% haste (which in your gear is still very valuable) and go to hit/exp caps.

    Overall rating I'd put around 7/10


    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riyan/advanced

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Rating you over Gynshon since he's already had someone and figure my advice on WW is going to be worth more than BrM (my offspec).

    As for your gear, given your access to content I'd rate it around 8/10. By now you could have a few more conquest pieces so that's really the only negative.
    Enchants/gems 10/10 (missing glove tinker unless it doesn't show)
    For reforges I'd go around a 6/10, I ran a sim and with your weights I can manage 7.55% hit (over hit capping isn't as bad as expertise since white hits) and 7.51 expertise.

    Reforges are as follows: OH exp-haste, helm hit-haste, swap for new neck you got last night, shoulder mastery-hit, cloak haste-hit, chest remove, bracers crit - hit, gloves hit-haste, belt remove, leg hit-crit, boots crit-exp

    Overall you lose 2% crit but gain 4% haste (which in your gear is still very valuable) and go to hit/exp caps.

    Overall rating I'd put around 7/10


    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riyan/advanced
    Hmm, you're referring to PvP gear when you say Conquest gear, correct? If it makes any difference I'm not actually going for PvP gear, I just happened to get the gloves I had from Sha one night, and they were better than what I already had. On question for 'ya though - are you not bothering with tier? From what I can tell the bonuses are really quite "bluh" this tier.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaras View Post
    Hmm, you're referring to PvP gear when you say Conquest gear, correct? If it makes any difference I'm not actually going for PvP gear, I just happened to get the gloves I had from Sha one night, and they were better than what I already had. On question for 'ya though - are you not bothering with tier? From what I can tell the bonuses are really quite "bluh" this tier.
    I'm starting to get some pieces in prep for next patch. IE the boots off amber the tier helm and possibly the chest. But that's strictly for itemization and not as much set bonuses being better in 5.2

    As for conquest gear, I ended up using conq shoulders until heroic garajal, pvp is a pretty big source of upgrades if you can commit 2-3 hours scrounging for arena wins every week.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    Nice armory link, SurrealNight. Took me a while to figure out that your signature picture = armory link :P As you logged out in WW spec, I'll grade you on that - though I seem to recall that you typically play BrM.
    Cleaned up the gear/gems after raid last night, yes I do play BrM as main but we mostly gear the same as WW (actually used AMR in WW spec). Going to keep haste at 6k for BrM that gives me an amount of Chi I am happy with for the time being so just have to let my WW suffer a little since it's an OS anyways (probably wont use it at all next week).

    I had some 502 pants I was trying to swap in for my BrM tier but couldn't make the reforges work out so just 2/2 upgraded my tier legs. Healing Elixirs is just for doing dailys and random stuff I usually run with Dampen Harm and Diffuse Magic in raids.

    Logged out in BrM last night though finally. The transmog helm is staying for now just for lawls from the helm and that... necklace... since my guild has never seen a panda monk apparently. Probably turn off helms all together in a week or two when the amusement factor wears off.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  19. #19
    Since Surreal has already been rated, don't really see anyone to rate but I'll throw my hat in the ring.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atebear/simple

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepness View Post
    Since Surreal has already been rated, don't really see anyone to rate but I'll throw my hat in the ring.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atebear/simple
    'kay! I don't think it's a bad thing to re-rate people, btw. If we worry about that then the thread will die fairly quickly, and besides: always good to get multiple opinions.

    I see you're primarily Brewmaster (judging by your tier gear), but you've logged out in WW spec. No problems. I'll rate you from a BrM perspective as I assume you use the same gear for both specs (just as I do).

    So the first thing is that you're missing a glyph. It's a minor one, so not a big deal at all, but I personally get bothered by that sort of thing. Choose something! Anything will do! Just fill that glyph slot.

    You've got a lot of haste. Like, a lot a lot. Does that work for you? Admittedly I've gone for a very similar high-haste build, but it's not for everyone. If it's working for you then great, but don't be afraid to switch to some crit instead if you find you have a bit too much energy, and don't need more Shuffle uptime.

    Expertise and hit amounts look alright (but you're slightly under hit cap! Agh! That would frustrate me to no end :P), gemming looks fine, enchants look fine...

    In general, a very solid armory. My main issues is that you don't have a transmog set going on. :P Go get that transmog! The important thing is to look pretty. Everything else is secondary.

    9/10, lose a point for no transmog and missing glyph. Minor, but they bug me dammit!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •