10+ Year Old Account

5.2 New Rogue Animations

A few (poor) screenshots of the animations for new 5.2 Rogue abilities and talents. They weren't joking about trying to give us more visual flair.

Mark for Death:

The rogue points at the target, a skull similar to the Mortal Coil ability marks the target's head... FOR REMOVAL!

Hit and Run (Cloak and Dagger scrapped?)

First image: The rogue blinks to a targetted location, becomes basically a living shadow-bolt. A still image doesn't do it justice, because about 6 or 7 Shadowbolts become physically attached to your body and leave a trail as you go.

Second image: The Rogue's shadow is on the left. On the right, for comparison, is the Transcendence of the nearby monk.

Shuriken Toss:

The Rogue's autoattack animation is replaced by their "throw" animation for 10 seconds.

Per the fabulous Ichifails in Post 9 of this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post

Mark of Death:

Shuriken Toss:

Hit and Run
    Slightly edited for formatting and such.
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2013-01-04 at 11:26 AM.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Well at least some shinies
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Woho rogue things!

Dayum, i have hoped Shuriken Toss Animation gets a makeover too. The old Throw animation just doesn't match it well, too slow. But i won't complain, rolling with ST since Release and a Buff is a Buff!

Alas: SHINY THINGS INDEED!

Hit and Run looks REALLY cool! Hooray! But wasn't Hit and Run scrapped because it was "clunky"?

All they have to do to make ST have more visual flair is to make it the same animation as unsheathing a weapon, but with the toss animation too. Makes it look like a ninja chucking the shuriken out of their tool bag.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Deleted
    Wru shadow blades

i dont see anything new all those animations exist in wow they just took them and put them on some skills hit and run is almost the same as transcendence
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Mod edit: since the videos are in the first post, i removed them from here. Nothing is lost, i assume :3
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-01-04 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    Hit and run stolen from GW2 or what lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Just for the lols, video shows better how they work and what they do.
    Good videos, but Mark for Death does seem to fail to show the over-the-target skull animation. It's, yeah, still fairly weak, but it's a thing.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    Hit and run stolen from GW2 or what lol.
    Steal more! The thief is an amazing class to play, balanced and feels stealthy throughout combat.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Steal more! The thief is an amazing class to play, balanced and feels stealthy throughout combat.
    The balanced part can be left out, at least for the first few months of GW2 haven't played since then. The stealthy feel i like though. Im still hoping they make Shadow Walk some sort of Shadow Refuge, aka Def CD with Stealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    The balanced part can be left out, at least for the first few months of GW2 haven't played since then. The stealthy feel i like though. Im still hoping they make Shadow Walk some sort of Shadow Refuge, aka Def CD with Stealth.
    They nerfed the shit out of them and still we one shot people . As for blizz stealing more i am all for it lol.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Have to agree. I jumped on GW2 whilst we had the downtime the other day and the play style of the thief just flows so perfectly. If rogues were like that i'd be 100% hooked again.

The GW2 thief has what the rogue is missing: mobility animations.

The GW2 combat system favors a lot mobility and is designed with that, but basically instead of spamming an ability to do the finisher, will force you to chain different moves to get the job done. This is something that WoW combat system won't ever achieve.

Anyway, there are a lot of spells that can contribute to make our life better - if Cloak and Dagger has been scrapped because it's obviously a copy of ShS, Hit and Run feels very very clunky. It would be a lot better if the activation wouldn't require a pointing but it's automatically created on the spot you are now.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Would anyone know if Marked for Death is off the GCD? I'm wondering if it's going to be able to be easily macroed into Kidney Shot / Deadly Throw (PvP) or Rupture (PvE) for putting things up on a target swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The truth of the matter is, you have no proof for this and are just generating facts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SynergyDarkstar View Post
    Would anyone know if Marked for Death is off the GCD? I'm wondering if it's going to be able to be easily macroed into Kidney Shot / Deadly Throw (PvP) or Rupture (PvE) for putting things up on a target swap.
    Apparently it's off the GCD.

From Wowhead: http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137619