Garalon spinning

Any reason why Garalon is spinning or turning in big angles during the fight? I mean it happens espicially when the person is dropping pheromone around the corners. What's the reason to this?

Because it's a bad fight with badly done mechanics?

It's probably trying to keep his feet within the boundary of the area and ends up shuffling around to do it. I think they fixed the bug where he sometimes just vanished. Fights like this just aren't WoW's strong point, I'm afraid. You can either stay away from the corners a bit, or just live with it.

Deleted
    It happened to us when our Rsham used his improved earth elemental to empower himself. The elemental would stop his channeling after each stomp, thus starting to attack and taunt the boss. Apparently, Garalon reacts to taunts by spinning since he doesn't know if he's supposed to follow the pheromone or the taunt.

Don't know why he would do this espacially when the kiter is in a corner of the room, but here's my experience.

I've seen it happen a couple times. It's kinda weird. Not sure why it happens.

I have yet to see it mess up a furious swipe though, so eh.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    We had this problem the first few weeks. We figured that it was the pheromone person being too close to the edge of the area and/or being up on the stairs near the entrance. Make sure your pheromone guy stays off the walls a little. It's like a weird Line of Sight thing that makes him flip around.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirg View Post
    It happened to us when our Rsham used his improved earth elemental to empower himself. The elemental would stop his channeling after each stomp, thus starting to attack and taunt the boss. Apparently, Garalon reacts to taunts by spinning since he doesn't know if he's supposed to follow the pheromone or the taunt.

Don't know why he would do this espacially when the kiter is in a corner of the room, but here's my experience.
    Fire Elemental one doesnt taunt, Earth Elemental the taunt can be turned off auto cast.

It's not to do with taunting though, nor have we seen it happen in our raids after the initial summon of the Primal Elementals. We had a hunter pet cause it to turn last night too, and he doesnt have taunt on.

The fights just terribly designed.

Deleted
    Happened to us last night on 25 man, almost same raid comp as usual, but suddenly he starts to bug out randomly and starts turning every 1 second.

Still baffled as to what caused it :|

Don't quote me on this, but i'm pretty sure it has to do with how pheromone trails (the puddles the guy with pheromones drops) work as an "object" kind of. I notice that when there's a line of trails in front of me, I can't charge through them as it gives me the "target not in line of sight" message. I think that when your kiter ends up behind a bunch of trails or in a corner where Garalon can't "reach" him due to that, he starts spinning around to try and readjust for pathing reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by navai View Post
    Fire Elemental one doesnt taunt, Earth Elemental the taunt can be turned off auto cast.

It's not to do with taunting though, nor have we seen it happen in our raids after the initial summon of the Primal Elementals. We had a hunter pet cause it to turn last night too, and he doesnt have taunt on.
    That's what we have noticed anyway. Not saying that it is the explanation, but it was the only time the boss was not following the pheromone properly. Everytime the earth elemental (whose taunt was activated, yes) was not busy channeling, the boss started spinning around. The rest of the time, it had a normal behavior.

I'd be curious to know precisely how this boss works and what's wrong with it though. I've heard tons of different stories about it having a strange behavior regarding the pheromones.
    Last edited by mmoc85496fa4a4; 2013-01-03 at 02:58 PM.

For what it's worth, when he randomly spins around and does his cleave, the cleave still hits in front of him where he was originally facing.

Ok, actually I found 2 reason why it was spinning after several test last night doing heroic.

1) people dropping pheromone are usually too nervous and don't know wtf they're doing so they tend to try to drop pheromones close to the walls which makes Garalon spin left and right trying to face the person that's dropping the pheromone close to the wall.

2) Pheromone picked up by another player, the original player is too nervous about furious swipe and wanted to run the f**k away as soon as possible before Garalon even change target.

My last thought about this boss is... how did it even get pass BETA?

Anyway, thanks for everyone's reply

Might be unglyphed stampede with pets who have growl on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Might be unglyphed stampede with pets who have growl on.
    Nope. Pet taunts don't affect raid bosses anymore. I was derping and had it on for a whole raid night and then did a dungeon and it taunted the boss.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Interesting. We got our first heroic Garalon tonight and had a lot of issues with his seemingly random spinning. Nothing to do with the cleave, necessarily, but with him spinning his legs around 180 degrees or more and back, we would lose dps in the Weak Points since they would suddenly go to the other side of the boss for a few seconds, which was and irritating dps loss with several 2% wipes.

Our main source of wipes was when two people were practically turning each other inside out trying to pass the Pheremones, and it just wouldn't pass. Sometimes half a dozen extra unintended stacks. Seemed to always involve one of the priests. Anyone else having that problem that knows what the culprit might be?

Anyway. At least it's dead.