Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Assasination Aoe rotation

I have being rotating between assasination and combat this tier depending on fights but i feel like i'm not doing competetive damage on thrash packs. I have being using normal rotaion and crimson tempest on sub 7 mobs and using fan of knives on 7 or mobs then crimson tempest.
    But on wlogs i have seen that some rogues aren't even using crimson tempest which brings me to my question. Is crimson tempest worth using at all.

If there any better aoe roatations out there, i would really appreciate it if i could get some tips on how to open and continue with the rotation.

Thanks in advance.

I use this for my opening aoe for ass

Open: Muti + Shadow Focus.
    Rupture: Least priority target.
    Muti for 5 CP. Crimson Tempest
    Refresh as soon as it drops and continue normal Rotation. (Spamming FoK just seems like a complete waste)

On a side note:
    Ass Aoe is only for mobs 5-7+
    If there are less. It is better to stick to single rotation and Redirect extra CP for instant Rupture

If you are talking about Wind Lord Meljarak, what I do is put 4 point Ruptures on as many different targets as I can, using Fok to generate cps. You can get Rupture going on 4-5 targets. This should get you to 200k on normal or LFR. E.g. here is my LFR parse from last week: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...e/?s=150&e=513

PS don't use Crimson Tempest, unless you lose your cps and want to change target.

Damage on trash? Are you serious? Its irrelevant , but ye if you want to AoE for what I noticed ( on windlord etc) I pool 10CP and envenom+CT/FoK spam while meleeing n stuff.(what I told you now is also irrelevant because trash dies before you can do any of that stuff on it )

The first few trash packs in HoF easily live long enough to do that.

Stealth-fan of knives till 5 cp then rupture ur current target. i do this on any mobs 3+ and always remain top aoe dps if the mobs are still alive after another 5 cp fan then use crimson tempest. Maybe im just lucky with crits but i find i do great dps with this rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowjobs View Post
    Stealth-fan of knives till 5 cp then rupture ur current target. i do this on any mobs 3+ and always remain top aoe dps if the mobs are still alive after another 5 cp fan then use crimson tempest. Maybe im just lucky with crits but i find i do great dps with this rotation.
    Why wouldn't you choose to keep up SnD with 1CP Envenoms?

For Wind Lord 25HC - I would be using:

FoK SnD - FoK to 3CP --> Rupture - FoK 1CP Envenom - Change target - FoK to 3CP --> Rupture - Change Target - Fok to 3CP --> Rupture

And using 1CP Envenoms to keep up SnD

Deleted
    Okay i was really intrested in Wind Lord 10HC as i do really well on single target. It's awesome that you guys could help on that considering i was beating around the bush.

I guess you are lucky and have other interrupters for the menders, I am stuck interrupting, so I can only get ruptures on maybe 2 targets before I get paranoid about missing my kick :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkDath View Post
    I guess you are lucky and have other interrupters for the menders, I am stuck interrupting, so I can only get ruptures on maybe 2 targets before I get paranoid about missing my kick :P
    Same -.- I just don't switch targets b/c it's effort finding your target again. At the moment I'm doing the single target rotation but changing Muti with FoK. 300K DPS Wasn't great but was higher than the other 2 interuppters!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Same -.- I just don't switch targets b/c it's effort finding your target again. At the moment I'm doing the single target rotation but changing Muti with FoK. 300K DPS Wasn't great but was higher than the other 2 interuppters!
    This is what I end up doing as well. It's just... less stressful. But stroking the AoE epeen on LFR is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkDath View Post
    Erm. Put your mender on focus and just focus kick. You have to do the same thing on heroic protectors. This is my kick macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod,@focus][] Kick
    When holding a modifier (ctrl, alt, shift), Kick focus; else Kick target.

Deleted
    The range is quite tight, so I think it's safer not to, tbh.

The range is quite tight, so I think it's safer not to, tbh.
    Range? You can focus ShS+Kick every single one if you need to. My ShS macro looks exactly the same as my kick one.

Maybe you guys use a different strat, but if I were to autoattack Menders during AoE, they would die too quickly and we would have problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Range? You can focus ShS+Kick every single one if you need to. My ShS macro looks exactly the same as my kick one.

Maybe you guys use a different strat, but if I were to autoattack Menders during AoE, they would die too quickly and we would have problems.
    Idk how you would have problems, it's such an easy fight anyways but yea If it ain't broken, don't fix it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    I use this for my opening aoe for ass

Open: Muti + Shadow Focus.
    Rupture: Least priority target.
    Muti for 5 CP. Crimson Tempest
    Refresh as soon as it drops and continue normal Rotation. (Spamming FoK just seems like a complete waste)
    It's interesting how this is wrong pretty much everywhere.

You should build combo points with fan if there are enough targets. I'm unsure whether you will get more damage out of ambush or fan out of stealth- it probably depends on the number of mobs, but it's definitely not mutilate. If there are enough mobs to consider tempest, you should only be using fan to build CPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    It's interesting how this is wrong pretty much everywhere.

You should build combo points with fan if there are enough targets. I'm unsure whether you will get more damage out of ambush or fan out of stealth- it probably depends on the number of mobs, but it's definitely not mutilate. If there are enough mobs to consider tempest, you should only be using fan to build CPs.
    You shouldn't be using tempest at all for AoE.

FoK is an insanely strong AoE spell. FoK by itself is one of the weakest spells in the entire game (fully raid buffed i did like a 6k hit) but its an amazingly efficient method of applying deadly poison.

While i dont think this effects any raid boss this teir, its also one of very very few spells that can break the AoE cap (as, while FoK's damage will decrease per target after 10, posion will tick for full value on every target)

more OT: we had a very very long thread where we werent able to decide how many targets to keep rupture up on, but the general idea is use FoK as your CP builder, keep SnD up (and use envenom enough to keep SnD going) and keep rupture up on X number of targets (for the energy regen for more FoKs). CT doesnt -really- have a place, while not -terrible- it isnt good. rupture's negative energy cost would do better, and envenom will likely cause more DPS over the next 4-5 FoKs.

but it heavily depends on the number of total targets and how long they will live. It always does

Deleted
    I use this and happy with the results:

2 targets > Keep rupture and Deadly on both
    3-4 targets > keep rupture on one and deadly on all (use 1-3 FoK after envenom)
    5=+ targets > single target rotation but FoK instead of Mutilate

Why wouldn't you choose to keep up SnD with 1CP Envenoms?

For Wind Lord 25HC - I would be using:

FoK SnD - FoK to 3CP --> Rupture - FoK 1CP Envenom - Change target - FoK to 3CP --> Rupture - Change Target - Fok to 3CP --> Rupture

And using 1CP Envenoms to keep up SnD
    This is close to the one Metzlii was recommending on EJ. He actually suggested two 3-4 point ruptures on different targets than our usual rotation. I'd probably do your rotation exactly and then switch to generating 5 points for envonon, then pooling, then doing a quick 3 pt rupture, change target, 3 pt rupture, etc.

Bluegirl's suggestion: "2 targets > Keep rupture and Deadly on both" I also try to do. "3-4 targets > keep rupture on one and deadly on all (use 1-3 FoK after envenom)" I don't this but I will definitely try it; it's sound advice for those of us who like the whole min-max thing.

That this subject is so complex and varied is not imo a good sign; I think Blizzard completely borked the AoE for rogues in MoP. There really should be some point for crimson tempest in our rotation.