Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shooting in the head a man that has already received 5 shots few seconds/minutes before is "saving a life" ? Pretty sure there were other ways out of this, without killing anyone. If saving a life involves ending another, there's no real point in calling this "saving".

Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    totally agree, people should teach their kids how to use weapons, conservate them etc. of course there would be some kid who gonna kill himself and a few other friends, but accidents happen on the roads every time, also one idiot less so better for society
    yeah who cares about some dead kids/idots.
    yay guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Shooting in the head a man that has already received 5 shots few seconds/minutes before is "saving a life" ? Pretty sure there were other ways out of this, without killing anyone. If saving a life involves ending another, there's no real point in calling this "saving".
    This is a philosophical question and one that a majority of society has always favored. While it may not be a large margin, the majority often favor the death penalty. Also, whether or not they always deserve the addoraction on a personal basis, American don't widely take kindly to physical abuse to a police officer. Far too often, here at least, true physical encounters end with a dead police officer.

In a way, the point is still there. A life was saved. Saving a life doesn't mean that another can't be lost. It simply means a specific life termination was prevented.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    imagine that, guy asks for peoples opinions about which firearm they think is better and it gets derailed by the second page

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cz75fan View Post
    In a way, the point is still there. A life was saved. Saving a life doesn't mean that another can't be lost. It simply means a specific life termination was prevented.
    Except that we'll never know if this was really going to happen. In this case, you can say "a man was killed", but you can't say "a life was saved".

Except that we'll never know if this was really going to happen. In this case, you can say "a man was killed", but you can't say "a life was saved".
    Fair enough, I can understand that line of thought. What I have to ask then is whether or not we should ever use lethal force as a defense or not then?

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    imagine that, guy asks for peoples opinions about which firearm they think is better and it gets derailed by the second page
    Yaya, Europeens need to mind they own business. But the topic was nice until it got derailed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a Beretta 92 fs police issue that my grandpa gave me after he retired, and a S&W M&P 9

I CC the S&W since its slightly more ergonomic. I use the beretta for home defense in case a relative is there and needs it.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

OP, just don't let them know you have played or still play WoW - I hear it causes mass shootings.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I have a Beretta 92 fs police issue that my grandpa gave me after he retired, and a S&W M&P 9

I CC the S&W since its slightly more ergonomic. I use the beretta for home defense in case a relative is there and needs it.
    Is your M&P the full size or the compact?

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    OP, just don't let them know you have played or still play WoW - I hear it causes mass shootings.
    It's cool, I was primarily a healer or tank when I played so no pew pew from me.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 10:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    are you a woman? you must be a woman.
    I really wish you'd stop posting in this thread.

It's not really "test" issue. I've fired both. It's a question of which seems to hold up better over time both in appearance and in maintenance. Some people have specific opinions on how certain arms fit and feel in concealed carry as well. Can't really borrow one for a few weeks to check and see if it is comfortable and or can be drawn better than the other.
    They'll both last forever if taken care of, both extremely reliable (you'll hear the odd story of each one failing, but it's rare for every gun and very anecdotal.)

They're both almost identical in size and weight, so either is fine for concealed carry (ccw).

If you don't have your heart set on one of those two, I'd suggest the glock 36, if it's your first ccw you'll find it a lot more pleasant due to the smaller size, it is however only 6+1, so you have to be a little better shot in an emergency.

I got rid of my glock 19 a while ago, it is a great gun, I've range tested the 9c, it just didn't feel right in my hand. My normal ccw is a sig p226 .357, it's a beast but it'll stop a raging elephant.

TL;DR : If they both feel good in your hand and you like the way they shoot, it's a toss up, both will last forever.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

It really depends on what you're going to be using it for. Self-defense? Target shooting? Collecting?

If it's self-defense, you'll probably want a smaller gun that can be easily concealed and isn't too heavy/bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    TL;DR : If they both feel good in your hand and you like the way they shoot, it's a toss up, both will last forever.
    Thanks for the info. I've heard a great deal of people say that the m&p is more "comfortable" or has better ergos for cc. I'd prefer to stay in 9mm so that we only have to worry about one specific round in our weapons, doesn't hurt that it's the most affordable too.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    None, you are not responsible enough to be a firearms owner.
    In his defense, he could just be using the term as a generalization. I sometimes refer to my glock 23 as my 'nightstand' gun or 'under my pillow' but it's actually in a fingerprint box in the bottom drawer of my nightstand.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    It really depends on what you're going to be using it for. Self-defense? Target shooting? Collecting?

If it's self-defense, you'll probably want a smaller gun that can be easily concealed and isn't too heavy/bulky.
    I've wondered about this. I'm 6'4" and about 210lbs so I don't think either would be too bad. I'm looking at it for self-defense; although there is a chance I might use it as a carry weapon for work later on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, I can understand that line of thought. What I have to ask then is whether or not we should ever use lethal force as a defense or not then?
    Definitely not when a random bypassing guy decides it. Feels like taking out someones life isn't really an issue when said so.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info. I've heard a great deal of people say that the m&p is more "comfortable" or has better ergos for cc. I'd prefer to stay in 9mm so that we only have to worry about one specific round in our weapons, doesn't hurt that it's the most affordable too.
    That's one of the reasons I went with 9mm. Everyone else in my family already carried 9mm, so it's just "nicer" if we ever go to the range together we can mix ammo. That and it's cheaper, it's the most common ammunition (so like a SHTF situation you are more likely to be able to get more 9mm), and I figure I can get all the performance I need from a 9mm HP round and it wouldn't be -that- much different than a .40 or .45.

I'd say the 10th. 17th as a possibility if weather isn't an issue.

*whistles as he continues to only read topic titles*
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Definitely not when a random bypassing guy decides it. Feels like taking out someones life isn't really an issue when said so.
    I believe there are complexity issues to the events. The officer had already shot the suspect once. It never discusses from what I've find as to what happened to the officers weapon and or if there was a struggle over the weapon. Those missing details would shed more light to public opinion, so one would think.