Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I'd say the 10th. 17th as a possibility if weather isn't an issue.

*whistles as he continues to only read topic titles*
    August? Seems like a long time to wait. I'd suggest the 5th. (Tomorrow)

Since you have a gun soon will another person need one to feel safe.
    What about getting an body armor instead?

If youre looking for a 9mm check out the Ruger SR9 or SR9C(compact). I just bought the SR9C last week and really like it. It has a lot of great reviews, looks great, and is pretty inexpensive. I chose the 9mm because I wanted my wife to feel comfortable shooting it, and the ammo cost is cheaper than some of the other sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Demec View Post
    Since you have a gun soon will another person need one to feel safe.
    What about getting an body armor instead?
    Hard to not draw attention with it in the every day life thing. My wife has a vest though. It looks hilarious on her.
    Quote Originally Posted by mswt5avsfan View Post
    If youre looking for a 9mm check out the Ruger SR9 or SR9C(compact). I just bought the SR9C last week and really like it. It has a lot of great reviews, looks great, and is pretty inexpensive. I chose the 9mm because I wanted my wife to feel comfortable shooting it, and the ammo cost is cheaper than some of the other sizes.
    I've seen them around on youtube but never the C model in person. Does it also have the thumb safety or is that just specific models of the full size? I've heard the compact has a much better trigger than the full size.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cz75fan View Post
    I believe there are complexity issues to the events. The officer had already shot the suspect once. It never discusses from what I've find as to what happened to the officers weapon and or if there was a struggle over the weapon. Those missing details would shed more light to public opinion, so one would think.
    Well this one is really missing lots of information, especially why was he shot first ? And why after the terrible and long beating (left enough time for someone to see it, go back to his car, get his weapon, get back, etc.) was no information on the officer status shared ? (except he "thought" he had a jaw broken, but then said it wasn't)

There may be cases when shooting was mandatory/needed, but this one really doesn't feel like the best example

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    August? Seems like a long time to wait. I'd suggest the 5th. (Tomorrow)
    I have no idea what calendar I was looking at.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are geting a gun, but not planing too use get a luger. It looks nice. Oh yeah you wont like a price : $14,950.00

Don't sweat the details!!!

I carry a CZ-75 most of the time, but I also have a 1911. My nightstand gun is a G38 (to small for my hands, but my wife loves it) in a biometric safe mounted under my bed. I have 4 kids, I keep my guns locked up, but all of my children know how to shot and respect firearms. Get your guns out, take your kids shooting, EDUCATE them.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

10+ Year Old Account
    Is your M&P the full size or the compact?
    Full size w/ Holster

I don't mexican carry or anything else that is stupid. It's not a problem for me since I wear loose clothes
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

I've seen them around on youtube but never the C model in person. Does it also have the thumb safety or is that just specific models of the full size? I've heard the compact has a much better trigger than the full size.
    The C model is very similar to the full size. The safety is near the back of the gun directly above where your thumb would be. This was my first handgun so I cant really compare the trigger to any others, but it felt very smooth and easy to pull imo. A lot of the reviews say its almost too easy.

I'll just have a friend pick up a few for me in another state.
    There we have the major reason why we need gun legislation worth something. The fact that you can have a buyer that isnt the actual buyer do it and cross state lines with it is a massive security leak against our national security, Just imagine what terrorists can do with this massive loophole in our gun laws.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    If you are geting a gun, but not planing too use get a luger. It looks nice. Oh yeah you wont like a price : $14,950.00

Personally i like the 5000 dollars per bullet that we saw in a stand up comedy. You wont be wasting bullets when they are 5000 dollars each. And if it is only for your protection i mean 5000 dollars you can afford when you are saving your own life.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    There we have the major reason why we need gun legislation worth something. The fact that you can have a buyer that isnt the actual buyer do it and cross state lines with it is a massive security leak against our national security, Just imagine what terrorists can do with this massive loophole in our gun laws.

Personally i like the 5000 dollars per bullet that we saw in a stand up comedy. You wont be wasting bullets when they are 5000 dollars each. And if it is only for your protection i mean 5000 dollars you can afford when you are saving your own life.
    1. I was talking about magazines not handguns.
    2. So by your assessment what we should do is also make it impossible for people to train unless they're super rich. Seems reasonable.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Transporting over state lines in a person-to-person transaction is illegal. State to State purchases need to be processed through an FFL.

So here's the whole regulations thing. It's already illegal. I can still buy a gun here in Michigan, transport it to another state (legal), and then sell it to someone (illegal). I can do it though. So how are you going to add more regulations to stop that from happening? It's already a felony... If I get caught I'm going to jail. If he gets caught he's going to jail. But how would you stop this from happening? Mandatory registration? So he just doesn't register it. Mandatory police followups, knock on your door and say "Hey, show me all the guns you have registered." That's 4th Amendment territory.

So you make things illegal (like they already are) and you prosecute those people you catch in some way. That's all you can do.

There is a continuous clamoring for more laws and regulations, presumably from people who don't understand that firearms are already very highly regulated and for the most part people follow the law. When someone breaks the law, the solution isn't "More laws." It's like if someone breaks the speed limit, and the answer is "Make the sign bigger."
    Last edited by Porcell; 2013-01-04 at 06:19 PM.

RE: Terrorists

I would imagine real terrorists have no issues getting guns regardless of the legislation. Do you think importing them from elsewhere in a docking container is all that difficult? People who are hampered by gun legislation are psychos and wannabe killers, not real criminals, and certainly not paramilitary units (e.g. terrorist groups, or organized drug crime).

RE: Bullets

That would be a sensible suggestion if bullets weren't so easy to manufacture yourself.

I'd suggest you get the water one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you're wanting a weapon for CCW, I would recommend a Smith and Wesson Model 36. More commonly known as the "Chiefs Special."

Chambered for .38 Special, it's small and compact, easily concealable and reliable to the point of being absurd. It is what I carry.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Since you're wanting a weapon for CCW, I would recommend a Smith and Wesson Model 36. More commonly known as the "Chiefs Special."

Chambered for .38 Special, it's small and compact, easily concealable and reliable to the point of being absurd. It is what I carry.
    That's a bit old school. For no particular reason I've shied away from revolvers. I have thought about trying one of the new hammerless style revolvers, and maybe getting a small one for an ankle BUG.

There's one thing about revolvers; reliable. Can't get any more point and click than a simple double-action revolver.

Deleted
    God bless America and his bear arms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    That's a bit old school. For no particular reason I've shied away from revolvers. I have thought about trying one of the new hammerless style revolvers, and maybe getting a small one for an ankle BUG.

There's one thing about revolvers; reliable. Can't get any more point and click than a simple double-action revolver.
    For me two things: reliable and beautiful. My Astra 680 is a god damn beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    God bless America and his bear arms
    Yes indeed, now see yourself out.