Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    35 dollars a day now no, house would be gone, cars soon after that. I have lived off of that much before but I was single and in school.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Doesn't England generally go to war against the French?
    Not really, European Great Powers switch sides constantly to maintain the balance of power.

It's what allowed those pesky new world colonies to gain independence instead of being crushed under the iron rule of the Universal Monarchy!

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    A drink made in heaven:

Apart from milk tea, I dislike tea (or coffee) with sugar. Too much sweetness ruins the favour.

Also gotta watch that waist line...
    Hmm never had that, looks interesting... is that tapioca bobbles in the bottom?

or you could just *cough* exercice *cough*

Not in Toronto, Canada. Unless of course you are fine with living in a heated cardboard box.. even still, where would you shower? cook? masturbate?

15+ Year Old Account
    That is not enough for me to live at a bare minimum currently. $35 a day works out to $1050 durin a 30 day month. Just paying the minimum required for my current monthly bills (not counting food), requires $1185. Add onto that actually eating and unforseen expenses and I'm well over. Now if I was fresh out of highschool without much resposibility, then yes. That $35 a day could go incredibly far. However, I'm 30, not living with my parents and maintaining a relatively cheap apartment with all the bills that comes with it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    in mexico theres a lot of families that live with 500$ monthly

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Hmm never had that, looks interesting... is that tapioca bobbles in the bottom?
    Yup! It's a Taiwanese drink, but it's spread into the West (I guess mostly by way of Asian stores?). I heard some McDonalds have them too.

or you could just *cough* exercice *cough*
    NEVER! Also I'd have to exercise more to burn those extra sugar.

NEVER! Also I'd have to exercise more to burn those extra sugar.
    If this was the other thread, Id recommend a form of exercise thats also great fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    If this was the other thread, Id recommend a form of exercise thats also great fun!
    HARR HARR HARR, besides if i recall another thread, i would imagine she already does :P

ANYWAY!
    Exercising is best, tsk tsk!
    Then you can eat ANYTHING you want
    Besides most people think of exercise as spending ours lifting weights, 20m a day is more than enough, even to get fit.
    Quality, not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    in mexico theres a lot of families that live with 500$ monthly
    Completely different economy. Isn't Mexico considered pretty much 3rd World? Bordline 2nd World? Apples and oranges.

I live with less

My body is super efficient. I once ate a pizza for dinner, and gained 2 whole kilos

20m a day is more than enough, even to get fit.
    What do you mean 20m? 20 metres? o.O

HARR HARR HARR, besides if i recall another thread, i would imagine she already does :P

ANYWAY!
    Then you can eat ANYTHING you want
    Besides most people think of exercise as spending ours lifting weights, 20m a day is more than enough, even to get fit.
    Quality, not quantity
    Your comment is 100% misleading to the youth here who don't know any better. Just because your physical appearance is good, it doesn't mean the fat from whatever it was that you abused is completely out of your system. Eating unhealthy will take a toll on the parts of your body that you don't see. I don't care if you did 2435345 situps, 908234 chin ups & 1564 pushups... The fat collecting in your arteries doesn't "burn" in the manner as you imply.

Food for thought... literally.

My body is super efficient. I once ate a pizza for dinner, and gained 2 whole kilos
    How? Doesnt pizza weigh about 300grams?

What do you mean 20m? 20 metres? o.O
    Minutes :P
    Or do like me when im too lazy for a routine.
    Play 1 round of LoL, do 20 pushups, 20 crunches, 50 jumps (about the time it takes to load another match), and voila, at the end of the day you end up doing a buttload of exercice while using wasted time.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    Your comment is 100% misleading to the youth here who don't know any better. Just because your physical appearance is good, it doesn't mean the fat from whatever it was that you abused is completely out of your system. Eating unhealthy will take a toll on the parts of your body that you don't see. I don't care if you did 2435345 situps, 908234 chin ups & 1564 pushups... The fat collecting in your arteries doesn't "burn" in the manner as you imply.

Food for thought... literally.
    Hmmm i know, by anything i dont mean go gorge on pizzas all day :P i mean you can eat that cake if you want instead of "counting calories"
    Moderation is the key for everything
    But you took it out of context Then again i do use absolutes a tad too much.

Deleted
    Yes because my parents pay everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    $35 bucks a day, let's just say 30 days is a month, to keep it simple. So that's $1,050/month. Nevermind, since I'm putting myself in this situation I'll use the US dollar, which gives me $1102 at that rate.

I spend for my wife and myself $150.00 on food for a month. So now I've got $952 left. Being able to afford a mortgage on welfare is stupid, so let's suppose I rent a cheap apartment for $500/mo. Most of those are utilities in, 'cept electricity, so $452 left. Roughly $75/mo for electricity (My winter electric bill for shitty baseboard heating in a 2600sqft house was 100/mo just now, so that number is probably a very high estimate, since half the time you can let your neighbors heat you). $377 left. Plenty to cover gas and insurance to be able to drive myself around looking for a job, even better if I was to take the bus.

What's the problem?

But how did you afford your air force ones in multiple colors. I mean I realize you have to slum it without air Jordan's, buy everyone needs 4 or more air force ones.

I agree completely, it's about priorities and it is lacking in almost every country in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    A drink made in heaven:
    Okay. But that doesn't tell me what it IS!

Apart from milk tea, I dislike tea (or coffee) with sugar. Too much sweetness ruins the favour.
    Yeah, pretty much only thing I put in my coffee is ice cubes. And making proper sweet tea is an art form, there needs to be just enough sweetness to complement the tea's flavor and eliminate the slightly bitter aftertaste. The flavor should still be mostly tea, you want tea with a hint of sugar not sugar water with a hint of tea.

Also gotta watch that waist line...
    Don't give me straight lines like that, they're too easy to work with.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    How? Doesnt pizza weigh about 300grams?
    My body is the S2 Engine, Super Enhanced Deluxe Edition.

I'm presuming it's something to do with all the cheese and stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Okay. But that doesn't tell me what it IS!
    Well the nutritionist figured it out :<
    It's milk and tea basically, with those black pearl thingies whose proper name I forgot how to spell.

Yeah, pretty much only thing I put in my coffee is ice cubes. And making proper sweet tea is an art form, there needs to be just enough sweetness to complement the tea's flavor and eliminate the slightly bitter aftertaste. The flavor should still be mostly tea, you want tea with a hint of sugar not sugar water with a hint of tea.
    I actually like my tea bitter!

Don't give me straight lines like that, they're too easy to work with.
    It's the truth thought considering my diet...

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    AU$35 US$36.75 EU27.90 (EDIT: for families)

AU$18 US$19 EU14.50. (for single students)
    Going to do this in $US

$36.75 * 31 = $1139.25

Typical cheap rent in Los Angeles California ie rent a room, is $800-900.

this leaves 239.25/339.25 for food and transportation. Since LA is designed for cars and has hardly any public transportation you will need a car, you have to by law pay for insurance. So assuming you already have a car you just have to pay for fuel and insurance. say you only drive to the market when you get your check, you can lower the fuel cost to about $39.25 a month. and say you get all the discounts and a low cost, on insurance $50 a month (I pay $56)

so now you have $150/250 a month for food, if you get ramen, and canned greens you can survive, but this would not be good for children.