Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So roughly 430€ a month? My rent is 375€ so, no.

If we exclude the rent then yes I could live on 430€ a month no problem, that's pretty much what I have available right now from study allowance+loan after my rent is payed and I live just fine on that.

Yes. I live on 10,000 a year. I own my home and truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Oh come now, Ruk, you can't even get a good lobster at a restaurant these days for less than $20.
    I can barely even order a side at Manny's Steakhouse for $35.

The fuck is this world coming to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Chinese food is also good. Panda Express or Leann Chinn, go!

Don't settle for Chipotle knockoffs though, they aren't the same.
    Bah, Chipotle is crap. Long live Freebirds!
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Yeah...we're breaking up now.

Sure! Doesn't mean I wouldn't be stealing anything else I need to get by comfortably. Never had an issue with stealing in the past when I needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Slightly ironic but I won't judge.
    I know it was my indulgence.
    A laptop however, has a use, booze and smokes dont.
    its 2 years old and runs like new, its called an investment

You won't know it but nando's (chilli chicken) was the shit. Across from where I use to stay we had a 5min walk away and a krispy kreme on the way back. Looking back I'm kinda happy I couldn't afford anything but a bi-monthly treat for that.

My bills...

Rent: £675 (1 bedroom flat in London)
    Bills: £400

Total: £1075

nope i could never live off that amount, my bills don't even include food

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you people have so many restaurants! It's simply mind boggling ._. I'm still working out the burger fast food system

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Why do you people have so many restaurants! It's simply mind boggling ._. I'm still working out the burger fast food system
    Because most of them taste like ass.

Ex: Hardees, Burger King, White Castle, McDonalds...

Keep in mind this is an Australian article. 20% of Australians live in Sydney, one of the most expensive cities in the world. Living in Sydney on 35$ a day? Possible? Sure, if you're living with a bunch of other people sharing your living expenses. Rent alone in Sydney is usually $300+ a week, and that's for a cheap place, so unless people are sharing your rent cost you just lost your entire stipend and you still owe rent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fast food burgers are generally not worthwhile. And as far as too many restaurants, I can't imagine that there's more than a thousand or so national chains. Of course there will be a lot more independently owned and local chains. I'm lucky enough to live in the part of Houston where all the independent restaurants and pubs are, so I actually get to eat good food, instead of something frozen at some commissary and thawed out at a fast food joint.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Cultural i guess...
    Lived in 2 different states for 2 years and i have to admit, city planning is nonexistent, US resumes to one big road with shops and fast food restaurants along it.
    Then again, not all states are like that.
    Had a Publix and a Ingles 5m walk from my flat so why even care about the fast food...
    It was quite funny when i returned home and everyone was asking me about the fast food, i was "uh... i ate 3 times at fast food places, once" everyone looked quite dissapointed, taco bell, chickfilla and... what was it? some seafood place, honestly, prefer my cooking.

There are good family restaurants though, but even so... there is no reason to aside from going out with friends to dine out.

Fast food burgers are generally not worthwhile. And as far as too many restaurants, I can't imagine that there's more than a thousand or so national chains. Of course there will be a lot more independently owned and local chains. I'm lucky enough to live in the part of Houston where all the independent restaurants and pubs are, so I actually get to eat good food, instead of something frozen at some commissary and thawed out at a fast food joint.
    That's why Leann Chin is pretty awesome for Chinese food. Little bit spendier than Panda Express, but leaps and bounds better.

Same goes for MyBurger and cheeseburgers.

Upon further examination, it really doesn't seem so bad when compared with say...China. When I went over there it seemed like kitchens in apartments were non-existent; everyone just ate at the cheap vendors day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why Leann Chin is pretty awesome for Chinese food. Little bit spendier than Panda Express, but leaps and bounds better.

Same goes for MyBurger and cheeseburgers.

Upon further examination, it really doesn't seem so bad when compared with say...China. When I went over there it seemed like kitchens in apartments were non-existent; everyone just ate at the cheap vendors day in and day out.
    I'll have to look for that, than. I mostly get my Chinese from a local restaurant; they know me so well that they always have my general tsos ready and waiting when I get there

Rukentuts, go bike!
    Its 3rd and no biking done yet? shameful!

Kasierith: I just cook my chinese :P im mean with the Wok

I'll have to look for that, than. I mostly get my Chinese from a local restaurant; they know me so well that they always have my general tsos ready and waiting when I get there
    Well, the problem is that they're local chains that seem kinda isolated to where I live

Doesn't mean there aren't good local chains where you're at, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Rukentuts, go bike!
    Its 3rd and no biking done yet? shameful!
    Biked to work yesterday and today dude. I'm just too lazy to update it.

Well, the problem is that they're local chains that seem kinda isolated to where I live

Doesn't mean there aren't good local chains where you're at, however.

Biked to work yesterday and today dude. I'm just too lazy to update it.
    This is the internet man, no updating, it didnt happen.

If it's only for food, soap, toilet paper etc. then sure it would be easy if you ain't to picky