Dinosaur games in 2013?

Standalone or mod, are there any upcoming dino games at all? Preferably a open world RPG or a survival game.
    Is it just me or do we have a shortage of proper dinosaur games? There are too many zombie games atm, we need dinos!

FYI: Google didn't work, it's broken! It's not really broken but it aint giving me answers
    Last edited by Jevlin; 2013-01-03 at 03:44 PM.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

There is a game that comes to mind, Primal Carnage. Its basically the only game I personally know of with Dinosaurs in and has been released within the year. Although its not an RPG or a survival, Its basically any COD game except Dinosaurs vs humans. I don't know much about it, So I wont try and explain instead have this!

50% Sale on Steam at the moment too!

oh have totally missed it because it haven't been on any flash/daily deal. Well me and some buddy's bought it now, thanks! ^^

I bought Primal carnage awhile back but it isn't really that much fun after a few hours, it's basically the same as Orion DBD.
    Jurassic park (2012) is the only other game I know of in the dino genre, but it's a telltale game and not exactly my cup of tea.

I was more like picturing myself thrown into an openworld with dinosaurs and just trying to survive by hunting,crafting and being sneaky. ^^

I don't think it's really that popular of a genre. There's monster hunter 4 but that seems to just have been confirmed for the 3ds so far

I'm still waiting for Sid Meier's Dinosaurs. Some day...

Not 2013, but Turok for N64 is still the greatest dinosaur game of all times.
    I'm not a troll.

Have you played Jurassic: The Hunted? Its not really a "new" game but it is from this era, a lot of people seemed to pass it up but I thought it was pretty decently fun and gave me exactly the game play experience I wanted, killing rampaging dinosaurs with heavy artillery. Also has a kind of base-defense mode against raptors which is a pretty fun time waster, my only real complaint with the game was lack of co-op.

Mechagnome
    what can their be done about dino games? its most of the time a shooter, kill dinos. Wich is imo like any zombie game but then replaced with dinos. Now i know there are a few dino games wich are different. Like Jurrasic park 2012 by telltale, wich is a telltalegame wich follows the story of a few people outside of the mainstory. Park ranger, daughter etc.

Turok prime example of a game with dinos there. But personally my favourite dino game of all time was Paraworld, a great rts imo.
    Do not worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older it will avoid you.
    Joey Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Have you played Jurassic: The Hunted? Its not really a "new" game but it is from this era, a lot of people seemed to pass it up but I thought it was pretty decently fun and gave me exactly the game play experience I wanted, killing rampaging dinosaurs with heavy artillery. Also has a kind of base-defense mode against raptors which is a pretty fun time waster, my only real complaint with the game was lack of co-op.
    Too bad it's console exclusive :/ Looked like decent fun though.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 09:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    what can their be done about dino games? its most of the time a shooter, kill dinos. Wich is imo like any zombie game but then replaced with dinos. Now i know there are a few dino games wich are different. Like Jurrasic park 2012 by telltale, wich is a telltalegame wich follows the story of a few people outside of the mainstory. Park ranger, daughter etc.

Turok prime example of a game with dinos there. But personally my favourite dino game of all time was Paraworld, a great rts imo.
    In my opinion everything becomes so much more fun with dinosaurs! Zombies are slow and stupid, they aren't even scary after 10 minutes.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 10:00 PM ----------

I think I might install Turok again. It deserves another play through!
    Last edited by Jevlin; 2013-01-03 at 09:00 PM.

What, no love for Primal Rage?

Saw this article and remembered this thread. This may be what you're looking for

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...k-upgrade.aspx
    Friend Code: 4570-7432-6960. Add me if you want to play some Pokemon.

Glad I came across this