Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Donald Trump calls for a Boycott of Glenfiddich products

Title is too limited to put in the full info I wanted to throw in there, but grief, I HAD to post this. This is quite possibly the most hilarious childish fit he's ever thrown.

I'll have to put in a bit of backstory first however. As some of you may, or may not, be aware, Trump is building a golf course in Aberdeenshire, big place, supposed to be bringing in a lot of jobs. It's deeply unpopular with a lot of locals however, and with good reason. It's being built ontop of one of two 'Sites of Scientific Interest', these two sites are unique sand-dune systems that only exist in the North-East of Scotland. Furthermore, the land he intended to use for his course was being lived on by several people, some of whom didn't sell to trump. So Trump enacted a systematic campaign of bullying and harassing against them. Fencing them into their own land, cutting off their water in 'Building accidents' that weren't fixed for weeks. The police even acted as his personal security guards for his course for a brief time. Several illegal arrests were made of journalists at the time. One of these residents however who was been very vocal against Trump and an active campaigner against the course was recently voted 'Scot of the Year' by the Scottish public, in a contest sponsored by the William Grant & Sons, the maker of Glenfiddich Whisky.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...p-whisky-award

As you can see, he was less than pleased.

In what is emerging as the battle of the billionaires, Trump said he has banned every brand of whisky sold by William Grant & Sons from his resorts and hotels after Michael Forbes, his obstinate neighbour in Aberdeenshire, was voted Top Scot in a ceremony sponsored by the distiller's leading brand, Glenfiddich.

The closest resident to Trump's golf course, Forbes won the award last week after a public vote, beating the Olympic tennis gold medallist and US Open winner Andy Murray. Trump said that decision was "an insult to both Andy Murray and Scotland itself".

Trump claimed that William Grant & Sons, which broke through the £1bn sales barrier this year and owns several of the world's most popular whiskies, including Grant's, was jealous of his own inhouse single malt whisky brand.

The distillery sold more than one million cases of Glenfiddich, but Trump continued: "Glenfiddich should be ashamed of themselves for granting this award to Forbes, just for the sake of publicity.

"Glenfiddich is upset that we created our own single malt whisky using another distillery, which offers far greater products. People at our clubs do not ask for Glenfiddich, and I make a pledge that no Trump property will ever do business with Glenfiddich or William Grant & Sons.

"I hereby call for a boycott on drinking Glenfiddich products because there is no way a result such as this could have been made by the Scottish people."
    He really is throwing a complete temper tantrum. It's fucking hilarious to watch. I especially love the fact he seems to think that we're on his side. It gets even funnier.

After suggesting that the voting for Forbes had been fixed by "a small group of detractors" casting multiple votes, he continued: "Glenfiddich's choice of Michael Forbes, as Top Scot, will go down as one of the great jokes ever played on the Scottish people and is a terrible embarrassment to Scotland."
    Conspiracies galore.

I do genuinely wonder if he thinks Scotland is actually on his side, or whether he's just sucking up to PR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Trump, you're as bad as Jersey Shore.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    I hate whiskey, but I may buy Glennfiddich now just to spite Trump.

I'm still waiting for him to accept Colbert's offer. Might be past deadline but I'm pretty sure Stephen's flexible~

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Donald Trump is the only person who takes Donald Trump seriously.

Makes for great entertainment for the rest of us!
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait. Next he's going to claim that Michael Forbes was born in Kenya and is therefore ineligible to be voted Scot of the Year.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Only one thing needs to be said on this matter i believe.

"I hate Donald Trump he's a knob head."

Sure ista will get that one

Deleted
    Meanwhile, on planet Earth...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I hadn't been mostly broke I would have bought a bottle, or two, of scottish whisky come tomorrow.
    Then taken a picture of them. Posted it on twitter, with a Trump Hashtag about how scots are far more awesome than he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a related story, Glenfiddich sales soar.

Trump thinks he is important.
    I like sandwiches

If Trump had just invested daddy's inheritance he would have more money than he has now. Just sayin'.

Think we can all pitch in and send him a lorry load of Glenfiddich for christmas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serkuss View Post
    Think we can all pitch in and send him a lorry load of Glenfiddich for christmas?
    Better idea. Buy a lorry load, drink it all, send him the empty bottles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Better idea. Buy a lorry load, drink it all, send him the empty bottles.
    Should piss in them first.

I like Laphroaig better anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's independence day tomorrow, I might just go out with my mates and drink a few glenfiddich.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I hate whiskey, but I may buy Glennfiddich now just to spite Trump.
    I was thinking this same thing.

I'm surprise Alex Salmond didn't get more of a pasting for what he did on the whole golf course issue. I mean the local council rejected the plans for the course then Salmond did something that has never happened before, he brought up the matter in the Scottish Parliament and overruled the initial decision, setting a rather dangerous precedent for favouring certain businesses or individuals.

More OT: Does anyone actually take this clown seriously? I remember watching that BBC documentary about it. It was rather disgusting the way he treated and continues to treat the residents in the surrounding area.
    Last edited by Activi-T; 2012-12-05 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally prefer Grant's, but I think I'll look for Glenfiddich this weekend :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    I'm surprise Alex Salmond didn't get more of a pasting for what he did on the whole golf course issue. I mean the local council rejected the plans for the course then Salmond did something that has never happened before, he brought up the matter in the Scottish Parliament and overruled the initial decision, setting a rather dangerous precedent for favouring certain businesses or individuals.

More OT: Does anyone actually take this clown seriously? I remember watching that BBC documentary about it. It was rather disgusting the way he treated and continues to treat the residents in the surrounding area.
    OT replying to your 666th post :-s

Not sure about everyone but most people I talk to around where I live think he is an idiot.