Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Honestly, I think the devs should have a +1 and -1 button next to every post on the forums and that should affect your game lol.

I love RNG.. it just makes things feel like a conspiracy. My biggest RNG moment. The blue drake shows up on the BMAH. this is one that is nearly impossible to get now as it requires you to que for LFD and get Oculus... so yeah.. Anyway.. it is on the BMAH.. and I get beat by another player.

Five minutes later, I queue for LFD as a tank, get Call-to-Arms.. and in it was the blue drake.

I also did a terrace the other week on my priest and one an item on all 4 bosses, only 2 were upgrades, but still was pretty cool.

one of the secrets to enjoying an RNG based game is understanding statistics and expecting the worst, but enjoying the times you are lucky.

This topic was finished on the first page but it's amusing to keep watching conspiracy theorists crawl out and spout baffling nonsense with no evidence.
    They're all proved wrong if you just Look at loot tables and how drop rates are so close together across various kill modes. If there were some "hidden button" or multiplier, they wouldn't be.

"The only way to win is not to play." That Kevin Flynn really knew hot to have fun, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    You know I heard that statment before and I recall reading a counter to that. In that, if you flipped a coin 10 times that you always have a 50% chance it will be heads, even 20 times and that si correct, but then there is probabilty which says for every time you get heads the probability odds go up for getting tails. Hmm, wonder if I can find that article.
    Nope, every flip is a separate and new event with the exact same odds of getting either a heads or tails as the time before. The coin doesn't have a memory and what happened the last ten or even hundred times is irrelevant.

Deleted
    RNG is RNG, but it does indeed seem that good stuff comes in packages.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    RNG is RNG, but it does indeed seem that good stuff comes in packages.
    In reality, that's just the human propensity to see patterns everywhere.

When you get a single drop you just take it as something you are entitled to and do not commit it to memory.
    When you get an average amount of loot in a week just take it as something you are entitled to and do not commit it to memory.
    When you get a streak of drops, you think "huh" and a memory is formed. Was something you were doing working in your favour??? You have already forgotten all the times you did not get drops.
    When you get a streak of no drops, you think "grr" and a memory is formed. Was something you were doing working against you? Is someone in the company trying to scam you??? You've already forgotten all the times that you did get drops.

There is no pattern.
    Sometimes good things happen in groups, sometimes good things happen spaced apart and sometimes they don't happen at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
    OP: It's people like you who invented all these conspiracy theories in the world due to their poor understanding of probability theory and statistics in general. No offense.
    If you read my post you'll see I said it was just coincidence! The question was placed to the forum on their thoughts!

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I love RNG.. it just makes things feel like a conspiracy. My biggest RNG moment. The blue drake shows up on the BMAH. this is one that is nearly impossible to get now as it requires you to que for LFD and get Oculus... so yeah.. Anyway.. it is on the BMAH.. and I get beat by another player.

Five minutes later, I queue for LFD as a tank, get Call-to-Arms.. and in it was the blue drake.
    The blue drake drops in 10 man malygos! No need to run lfd oculus!
    Last edited by Twisted Spirit; 2013-01-03 at 11:32 PM.

Deleted
    Atleast no weird conspiracy theory like in the WoW forum or Diablo 3 things...

But anyways, its random, it will always be and was always random. Doesn't matter what people say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    When you get a single drop you just take it as something you are entitled to and do not commit it to memory.
    When you get an average amount of loot in a week just take it as something you are entitled to and do not commit it to memory.
    When you get a streak of drops, you think "huh" and a memory is formed. Was something you were doing working in your favour??? You have already forgotten all the times you did not get drops.
    When you get a streak of no drops, you think "grr" and a memory is formed. Was something you were doing working against you? Is someone in the company trying to scam you??? You've already forgotten all the times that you did get drops.

There is no pattern.
    Sometimes good things happen in groups, sometimes good things happen spaced apart and sometimes they don't happen at all.
    This post officially ends this thread with its words of wisdom!
    Good night mmo-champion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpinuk880 View Post
    I have of thought about this before. There has been two occasions where I have un subbed, upon returning to the game, loot from LFR is thrown at me on the first run on both occasions after re subbing. It was like the game knew I had just come back and needed to hook me in again by showering me with loot.

i swear to god, exact same thing with my lock....

RNG is a poor system, in all honesty. It can have you getting lots of loot, 2/3 sometimes 4 peices in one LFR for example. But then you could go 6 weeks doing all 3 LFR raids and get nothing at all, even when using your tokens.

Bottom line is, you play the game, you have to accept that sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.

Although saying that, I've often thought that there might be a hidden luck stat. I've been playing with my wife for almost 6 years now and she gets loot a hell of a lot more than I do. Even with battle pets, she's caught almost everything she can actually catch and I would say at least 50% of the time, her first fight looking for a new pet turns up blue. It's insane how when I go for the same pet, nothing but greys and whites for an age before a blue shows up.

I'm not complaining though, I enjoy the time I spend in WoW and I feel the longer I have to wait for something, the more satisfying it is when I finally get what I was after.

Someone already said this, but rng is rng!

No, I don't think its possible. RNG is RNG.

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about this. While I'd love to say no, I've gotten practically a full set of gear out of LFR, not counting the pieces I already had better for (though I still won in LFR), but then I look at the people that have run every LFR since they opened and have yet to win a single piece of loot.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted
    I've noticed that everytime I wear a top hat and a monocle I get loot. It works for me, maybe you should try aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Most will just say "RNG IS RNG" but idk this stuff seems to happen like that, there maybe a multiplier effect or something.
    Because 1 out of 11000000 players happens to get two rare items in one day? Think about it.

Most will say RNG is RNG because it is.

How many times do people have to say random is random before other people realize?

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    RNG is a poor system, in all honesty. It can have you getting lots of loot, 2/3 sometimes 4 peices in one LFR for example. But then you could go 6 weeks doing all 3 LFR raids and get nothing at all, even when using your tokens.

Bottom line is, you play the game, you have to accept that sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.

Although saying that, I've often thought that there might be a hidden luck stat. I've been playing with my wife for almost 6 years now and she gets loot a hell of a lot more than I do. Even with battle pets, she's caught almost everything she can actually catch and I would say at least 50% of the time, her first fight looking for a new pet turns up blue. It's insane how when I go for the same pet, nothing but greys and whites for an age before a blue shows up.

I'm not complaining though, I enjoy the time I spend in WoW and I feel the longer I have to wait for something, the more satisfying it is when I finally get what I was after.
    RNG is not a poor system. The more static it gets the more boring it gets.

Deleted
    Back in WOTLK i tanked on a pala and for ages my guild was farming 10 man hc, for ages i wanted the Neverending winter, anyway we farming for weeks and it only dropped once but I lost the roll, ( we didn't have a solid off tank so I usually had to compete with gear every week) anyway I complained to a GM about my luck on the drop and on loot rolls, he said there's nothing he can do, half an hour later we raided, the neverending winter dropped and I rolled 100 lol I was like, dafuq, you sneaky GM! Perhaps it was coincidence