Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I think that the RNG can get "stuck" sometimes... back in ICC on sindragosa fighting on my mage, with a crit chance of 63.x%, I managed to get TWO crits during the successful fight.
    I ran the numbers, and the odds were better for winning a country wide lottery like mega millions on two successive draws than only getting two crits during that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yes... and so is the chance of flipping HTHTHTHTHT
    The chances of flipping HTHTHTHTHT and HHHHHHHHHH are both an identical value of *very* small
    They're also identical to the chances of flipping HHHHHTTTTT and HHHTTTHHTT
    And to any other specific sequence of the same length. There's 1024 different sequences which all have a 1/1024 chance of occuring. Well, what a coincidence.

Re subscriber luck sure seems real when it comes to how lucky my friends have gotten. Im the only sucker outta the group who always has his sub on. Everyone quits for 6 months comes back and is showered in LFR loot and mounts from drops and heroic bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Re subscriber luck sure seems real when it comes to how lucky my friends have gotten. Im the only sucker outta the group who always has his sub on. Everyone quits for 6 months comes back and is showered in LFR loot and mounts from drops and heroic bags.
    What would happen if someone could prove that correct with a statistic?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hold my breath and squint real hard, tbh. Works like a charm. Some of the time.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    This definitely is not true.

You have an equal chance to get heads or tails on each flip, but the likelihood of flipping the exact thing 10 times in a row is *very* small.
    Yes it is small, but it is exactly the same as any single mix and match any combination flip 10 times.

That means HTHTHTHTHT Flip 10 time is equal chance as HTTHTHHTTT,HHHHHHHHHH, HTHTTTHTHT,....(total 10 combination)

Just because human see a patten doesn't mean that combination is special, it is treated exactly the same as any other combination in probability.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2013-01-04 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    What would happen if someone could prove that correct with a statistic?
    I would talk about how i was right all along for a day to them all lol

Deleted
    Given how WoT is one big "it's (not) your turn to win" I wouldn't be suprise if some developers decide to start using such systems.

There is actually a secret switch in peoples account, but weather it is turned on or off is complete RNG.