View Poll Results: Should we Kill Sylvanas instead of Garrosh?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    53 26.50%
  • No

    147 73.50%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I told you why. Metzen is why.
    Then we shall agree to disagree.

  2. #122
    Herald of the Titans TheEaterofSouls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    I can't answer that poll, there is no positive option.

    Lorthemar Theron is male and i think he is awesome.

    And no she isn't using the scourge. The scourge is in Northrend held by Bolvar, those under Sylvannas are free. She is a very gray character. Besides Garrosh is an incompetent whelp with power hunger issues and megalomaniac tendencies. He is pretty much Hitler right now. As Sylvannas said the only reason she doesn't join the Alliance is because they don't accept the Forsaken as a legitimate people with their own sovereign kingdom with Lordaeron simply "infested" by the undead. And she is friendly with the Blood Elfs because she was one of them before dying.
    don't forget how much more Horde-based atrocities Garrosh has commited over sylvanas. Water posioning, bombing, using the Sha, preying on and using the weak.

    Bold is important because this is a faction heavy game.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by bandcamp16 View Post
    your poll is biased and I refuse to vote in it because I do not think Sylvanas is scum or should be destroyed. She is a valid, interesting lore character who arguably is the most developed and has the most potential.
    Its simple:

    If you want to see her killed you vote: Yes

    If you dont want to see her killed you vote: No

  4. #124
    Herald of the Titans TheEaterofSouls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its simple:

    If you want to see her killed you vote: Yes

    If you dont want to see her killed you vote: No
    Your no option says: But she is still scum -_-

    Your biased

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Water posioning, bombing, using the Sha, preying on and using the weak.
    Those are all valid tactics. Problem with Garrosh is that he is strategically incompetent and sacrifices his own for nothing. Thats why he gets killed.

  6. #126
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its simple:

    If you want to see her killed you vote: Yes

    If you dont want to see her killed you vote: No
    It isn't that simple, killing Sylvanas now makes little to no sense. She can still be used in the future for something else and will most likely go down with a bang, a character this old and consistent deserves at least that. She is the soul of the forsaken so to speak, Garrosh on the other hand is a wreck, a broken tool which can be tossed aside easily.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Your no option says: But she is still scum -_-

    Your biased
    He is, but he has a point, since Sylvanas knows no boundaries and will do anything to win and she does it all for herself, not her people.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2013-01-03 at 07:12 PM.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  7. #127
    Herald of the Titans TheEaterofSouls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Those are all valid tactics. Problem with Garrosh is that he is strategically incompetent and sacrifices his own for nothing. Thats why he gets killed.
    I'm with you on this one.

    the water posioning was a threat he made to the people of Mulgore I believe. And the weak are his own faction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It isn't that simple, killing Sylvanas now makes little to no sense. She can still be used in the future for something else and will most likely go down with a bang, a character this old and consistent deserves at least that. She is the soul of the forsaken so to speak, Garrosh on the other hand is a wreck, a broken tool which can be tossed aside easily.
    Same to you

  8. #128
    Herald of the Titans Syridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Outskirts of Lea Mondé.
    Posts
    2,772
    Yes we should kill Sylvanas. We should also kill Garrosh though.

    And Baine. And Gallywix. That random cliché of a reckless hothead panda that went horde too. Oh and Vol'jin. And Lor'Themar.

    Obviously being Alliance may have skewed my objectivity somewhat.

  9. #129
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,300
    I must say, it would please me immensely to have both Garrosh and Sylvanas hit the dirt this expansion, but I find it likely Sylvanas is to be saved until something happens with Alleria and Turalyon.

    I could maybe see it happening as part of the build up to the Siege of Orgrimmar raid with Garrosh completely losing it and murdering (or being behind the assassination) of Sylvanas. To get the Alliance in, one of the Alliance leaders would get to be assassinated too. \o/ I'm going for.... Velen.

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

  10. #130
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,700
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Same to you
    You mean I can be replaced? What a silly statement, anyone can be replaced ;P
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You can do whatever you want, unless you feel like rebelling.

    You should also see what Stormwind humans do to bandits. Its pretty nasty.
    The "You with us, or against us" mentality leaves little room here.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  12. #132
    Herald of the Titans TheEaterofSouls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I must say, it would please me immensely to have both Garrosh and Sylvanas hit the dirt this expansion, but I find it likely Sylvanas is to be saved until something happens with Alleria and Turalyon.

    I could maybe see it happening as part of the build up to the Siege of Orgrimmar raid with Garrosh completely losing it and murdering (or being behind the assassination) of Sylvanas. To get the Alliance in, one of the Alliance leaders would get to be assassinated too. \o/ I'm going for.... Velen.
    When you put it that way it sounds like blizzard is trying to "recast" World of Warcraft.

  13. #133
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,737
    Well, that poll turned out biased.

  14. #134
    Why not both? They are pretty similar. Poor Garrosh is having the double standard applied to him.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." -Alexander Tytler

  15. #135
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Yes we should kill Sylvanas. We should also kill Garrosh though.

    And Baine. And Gallywix. That random cliché of a reckless hothead panda that went horde too. Oh and Vol'jin. And Lor'Themar.

    Obviously being Alliance may have skewed my objectivity somewhat.
    Nah let us keep Vol'jin, Lor'themar and Baine. For balance, you can lose Genn, Varian and.... hmmmm Tyrande. That'll make it interesting!

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Obviously being Alliance may have skewed my objectivity somewhat.
    Its subtle, really.

  17. #137
    Warchief TheDangerZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burt Reynolds' stache
    Posts
    2,193
    It doesn't make sense to kill Sylvanas in this expansion, like at all. That would be just plain bad writing.

    We know that Garry is end boss, so we have followed his path through all this expansion. It has been a nicely told story.

    Using Sylvanas as fodder, just because you don't like her, is disrispectful to the character and the story it has been told with her. If she is going to bite the dust, it has to be in a way that brings her narrative to a close.

    Fucking bias should not make you thing of crappy narratives.

  18. #138
    It's not confirmed that we will KILL Garrosh, only that we will defeat him.

    The Horde don't have a hero that they can relate to.

    Thrall started off as this Koombayah character and hasn't had much evolution. He's a Mary Sue that happens to always do the right thing.

    Varian started as two people - an arrogant douche and a mindless gladiator. They came together and tried to be noble and for brief moments (w/Saurafang) he was, but he was a warmonger. After this he tamed the beast and brought his inner strength under control - a trait that all true leaders should have (which Thrall started with).

    With Garrosh, we have a clearly flawed character who at his heart wanted to do what was best for the Horde. However, his lack of wisdom and the pressure/stress of leading, coupled with dealing with the Alliance and the Twilight's Hammer became too much for him. It was simpler for him to swing an axe and be done with it and that was how he governed.

    Now, we will see him deposed and what I'd like to see is him exiled. Without the pressure of leading, he can freely and unbiasedly reflect on his actions. As he wanders the world in exile, he will come across the ruination that he sowed and will understand the fault of his decisions.

    Then, at one of the Horde's darkest hours, he will return, wiser and more steadfast in order to truly become the leader he was meant to be.

  19. #139
    Herald of the Titans TheEaterofSouls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    It doesn't make sense to kill Sylvanas in this expansion, like at all. That would be just plain bad writing.

    We know that Garry is end boss, so we have followed his path through all this expansion. It has been a nicely told story.

    Using Sylvanas as fodder, just because you don't like her, is disrispectful to the character and the story it has been told with her. If she is going to bite the dust, it has to be in a way that brings her narrative to a close.

    Fucking bias should not make you thing of crappy narratives.
    ya pretty much Mr. Windrunner. She isn't "target practice"

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Gilneas was attacked, and the citizens were only trying to defend themselves from the "banshee queen" and her terrible underlings.
    ... Who were ordered to do so by Garrosh Hellscream

    For someone who really hates the undead you should probably understand who gave the orders for that whole scenario. The undead were fine with just keeping Lordaeron... however Garrosh wanted more land. The undead were right there, so he sent them. Rather than getting her people into a spot of trouble with the group they were using to help protect themselves from those who would otherwise kill them simply because they were undead, Sylvanas complied.
    Last edited by The Mister Madgod; 2013-01-03 at 07:33 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •