Poll: Should we Kill Sylvanas instead of Garrosh?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    And then who takes over the undead? There's no other undead lore character who's developed enough yet to take over for Sylvanas.
    Its not like it is a problem for Blizzard to write a character out of nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its not like it is a problem for Blizzard to write a character out of nowhere.
    Good point, but I still think they'd probably do some kind of huge quest chain with Lillian Voss or something and she'll become the new leader. I can't think of any other undead character who has had any share of the limelight. Sylvanas doesn't exactly have an entourage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderspeed View Post
    Actually most of the foresaken are Elves. (90%ish of Elves killed by arthas)
    No they're vastly dead humans (as the character model itself is a human corpse) it's here as well -> http://www.wowpedia.org/Forsaken yeah 90% of the high elves were wiped out by Arthas but for some reason he didn't raise all that many. Probably because in Lordearon the plague of undeath did the converting for him and it probably takes time to raise corpses en-masse without it.

As for the OP no we shouldn't kill Sylvanas, yeah the darkest playable faction you can play are evil. Woopty doo is anyone honestly surprised with the Forsaken being evil? You shouldn't be it's what they're in the game for, Sylvanas is one of a few iconic characters left in the lore and love her or loathe her she gets people talking and engaged with the story. Why are we not killing her if she is ultimately darker than Garrosh? Because she's not as dangerous, the forsaken are now a powerful force and have pretty much single handedly crushed the Alliance's campaign for Lordearon, but they still are underneath Orgrimmars thumb. The Warchief of the Horde going mad for power is much more dangerous because of the power he commands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Thirst for power and need to conquer all? She is only working on regaining Lordaeron, what is so wrong with that?

How about we kill some useless leaders, like the dwarven council, or that guy in Exodar, maybe the nelf in Darnassus. They don't have a role anyway beside being 'leader'.

She wants survival for her people, she doesnt force them to join the Forsaken. They merely get ressurrected as undead and get a choice; join or simply don't.
    Who are the Alliance to 'purge' Lordaeron from it's own people? Sylvanas is merely leading them for their survival and regaining land. And in war, everything is permitted (the plague).
    Finally, someone reasonable.
    She is doing this for survival. The undead numbers were getting thin, and if there were less of them, then the Alliance would be able to retake Lordaeron. To prevent that, and their extinction, she must do what is best for her people. That is what she is doing, struggling to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You should really do as your forum name suggests and check your facts. The war they were facing AGAINST THE UNDEAD and the brutal horde. Of course they didnt want to get involved being the peaceful faction they were.
    You have your wars mixed into one. They built the walls during the second war, which was against the horde. The scourge wasn't until the third war.

OT - Garrosh is currently more of a threat than Sylvanas. Yes, Sylvanas used the plague on Gilneas. Garrosh used a mana bomb on Theramore. Not that much different. Both are large threats to the alliance but Garrosh is also becoming a threat to the horde which makes him more of a threat. I'm not sure how you would exile him. Garrosh isn't the type of person you could just walk up to and say "leave and don't come back". His pride is too large. He would probably rather die fighting than be exiled. As for Sylvanas, she will probably have to be dealt with eventually. The undead wont ever join the alliance though. They both despise eachother too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda feel this is a looong dead horse, and I hope blizzard doesn't kill her off. Yes she does fucked up things that should be addressed but Jesus Christ just give it a rest already guys, if she dies Who would replace?

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Good point, but I still think they'd probably do some kind of huge quest chain with Lillian Voss or something and she'll become the new leader. I can't think of any other undead character who has had any share of the limelight. Sylvanas doesn't exactly have an entourage.
    Voss is a really terrible choice. She hates undead, even herself. Should she become leader, most likely thing that would happen would be mass suicide. If not then there would be a lot of Stormwind asskissing, something I would not like to witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    I kinda feel this is a looong dead horse, and I hope blizzard doesn't kill her off. Yes she does fucked up things that should be addressed but Jesus Christ just give it a rest already guys, if she dies Who would replace?
    A dread lord perhaps?

I consider Garrosh and the Kor'Kron's actions far more atrocious than those of Sylvanas and the forsaken.

Deleted
    Thirst for power and need to conquer all? She is only working on regaining Lordaeron, what is so wrong with that?

How about we kill some useless leaders, like the dwarven council, or that guy in Exodar, maybe the nelf in Darnassus. They don't have a role anyway beside being 'leader'.

She wants survival for her people, she doesnt force them to join the Forsaken. They merely get ressurrected as undead and get a choice; join or simply don't.
    Who are the Alliance to 'purge' Lordaeron from it's own people? Sylvanas is merely leading them for their survival and regaining land. And in war, everything is permitted (the plague).
    Dwarven Council (slightly agreed) buy No They're stopping a civil war by being in power, however they've been useless lately

Tyrande (&/Or Malfurion) No Some of the biggest lore characters in existence, they'll die a natural death or regain their immortality somehow (my guess). You can't kill them because they both lead their faction, then their own sect of their factions (Priestesses of Elune and Druids) and they actually do stuff such as fight the fight in Ashenvale against the horde when the worgen join

Velen : No (He's a pacifist) he's training Anduin at the moment who has a big role to play as the "probable" leader of the Army of Light (Expansion/Two away supposedly)

A dread lord perhaps?
    Oh yes, demon. That worked out marvelously last time.

Tyrande (&/Or Malfurion) No Some of the biggest lore characters in existence, they'll die a natural death or regain their immortality somehow (my guess). You can't kill them because they both lead their faction, then their own sect of their factions (Priestesses of Elune and Druids) and they actually do stuff such as fight the fight in Ashenvale against the horde when the worgen join
    NO! Dont return their immortality. They lost it because they didnt deserve it in the first place.

Lets just keep picking off leaders one by one. NO! Her actions should be presented as an external force we must defeat or we need to reform her into a strong leader for the undead.

I'm calling it now. She's being brainwashed by the remnants of frostmorne

Garrosh should stay alive and retain title of Warchief. Sylvannas should be killed, she sucks in my opinion.

But this is not the direction they plan to take the lore into, my 2c anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Velen looks worthless but he is one the most powerful beings right now literally haha

Deleted
    A dread lord perhaps?
    Did you forget what a dread lord did during wotlk? Took over Undercity.

Deleted
    You should really do as your forum name suggests and check your facts. The war they were facing AGAINST THE UNDEAD and the brutal horde. Of course they didnt want to get involved being the peaceful faction they were.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 05:27 PM ----------

So its okay to kill people who have lives, families, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, daughters, sons just because its your idea of "survival?" Get real. People naturally die, and if the undead want to increase its ranks then take from the people who have already passed on.

This is not wheel of fortune. You don't just spin a wheel and win corpses to raise as undead.
    he did like hes name suggested they build the wall to distinct themself from the other factions and to hold them out of there society. They abandoned the other alliance citys and let survivors of the scourge invasion to be butchered outside there gates. they only sent out one regime the entire second war and did not lift a finger to help agaist scourge and burning legion even when Lordaeron alliance pleaded for help and reinforcements. Gilneans and there king is a bunch of selfish cowards and only joined the alliance when there gate fell cause of cataclysm and the forsaken invaded.
    Last edited by mmoc75ff9691d6; 2013-01-03 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So its okay to kill people who have lives, families, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, daughters, sons just because its your idea of "survival?" Get real.
    The biggest problem with the plauge is, they kill of my food resources But then Humans are evil anyway, she could smoke them anytime, as long as I get some for my own fun <_<

A dread lord perhaps?
    That would be better than Sylvanas how?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh another thread create for the so purpose of killing off sylvanas because she did bad things. I personally don't agree with using the valkyrie but everything else I can see the reasoning behind it. Sylvanas did a lot of the things she did because she is cold and calculating/logical about the opinions she has before her and people will hate sylvanas for that.

Fun fact, its easy to tell if you're emotions are involved with your decision making depending on which side you taking in this argument. Not saying emotion have or have not a place in decision making, the main reason I'm pointing out emotions is for the individual to realize they are doing it and to see if their opinions has changed.

Deleted
    Dwarven Council (slightly agreed) buy No They're stopping a civil war by being in power, however they've been useless lately

Velen : No (He's a pacifist) he's training Anduin at the moment who has a big role to play as the "probable" leader of the Army of Light (Expansion/Two away supposedly)
    Sylvanas is as just as big as the night elf leaders.
    Besides. Cairne died, Garrosh will die - next turn will be Alliance leaders for sure.