Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need a new melee class

Who is the strongest melee class for pvp atm. I have to change.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Thats what I figured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are very strong. But so are ferals. DKs is good and rogues is also allright. WW monks are a bump right now but will get better with 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by Spphy View Post
    Warriors are very strong. But so are ferals. DKs is good and rogues is also allright. WW monks are a bump right now but will get better with 5.2
    I don't like Feral. I hear bad things about Ret. I'm not entirely fond of how DKs play now for Frost. And I am a Windwalker monk. Hence why I'm changing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warriors feral and dks are doing good. Enchance shamans can pull up some good numbers though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Warriors feral and dks are doing good. Enchance shamans can pull up some good numbers though.
    Well I need a class people will actually take when I'm on to do stuff. So warrior it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Well I need a class people will actually take when I'm on to do stuff. So warrior it is.
    I'm rolling from my grand marshal warrior to a windwalker monk because no one needs warriors these days on my server, those who want one, got one. *shrug* dunno about yours. Mine doesn't have the best pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Spphy View Post
    I'm rolling from my grand marshal warrior to a windwalker monk because no one needs warriors these days on my server, those who want one, got one. *shrug* dunno about yours. Mine doesn't have the best pvp
    I spent the last month sitting on 2 malev pieces. Luckily I got my weapons. But everytime I try and find an rbg all I get are psts insulting me for playing a monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent the last month sitting on 2 malev pieces. Luckily I got my weapons. But everytime I try and find an rbg all I get are psts insulting me for playing a monk.
    Sounds like the average wow pvp community

15+ Year Old Account
    People also want dks also, people usually want warriors to fc when needed. Though dks can do that too...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I don't like Feral. I hear bad things about Ret. I'm not entirely fond of how DKs play now for Frost. And I am a Windwalker monk. Hence why I'm changing.
    Given Rogues are doing pretty poorly at the moment and Enh has always been sucky, that pretty much narrows it down to Warrior for you anyway.

I hope that's not the only reason you're changing class because listening to what jerks tell you in BGs is always a terrible idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    People also want dks also, people usually want warriors to fc when needed. Though dks can do that too...
    i think warriors and ferals are the best fcs. dks, even blood dks, are far to vulnerable to physical damage and silences.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

If you want to play FOTM, I suggest rogues. They will be insane next patch.

I will continue playing my WW monk I find them really fun despite not being strong right now, and with the next patch I think they'll be more decent in competitive PVP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i think warriors and ferals are the best fcs. dks, even blood dks, are far to vulnerable to physical damage and silences.
    Well I am just pointing out if the OP does ot want to tank then getting in a rbg as a dk is easier then getting into a warrior. If he is willing to go tank then Warrior is the thing to go. Also some ehn shamans are not doing bad, not the best but I see them some tear so shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Given Rogues are doing pretty poorly at the moment and Enh has always been sucky, that pretty much narrows it down to Warrior for you anyway.

I hope that's not the only reason you're changing class because listening to what jerks tell you in BGs is always a terrible idea.
    It's because I log on to play some PVP on a class I love, and all I do for 3 hours is spam trade chat fro a group, and get responded with insults of my class.

I'm playing Ret and Arms Warrior, mostly Ret. In terms of damage dealing, I would say I don't do much more on my warrior than on my ret. For tanking in BG/RBG, the warrior is the top tank. But globally, I enjoy Ret more, I always feel more useful, with our heal-assist-dps toolkit. I never ever survived as well as a warrior as I did as a ret. Finally, it's a matter of taste and aptitude. Finally, I'd say people often " follow the masses ". " Nobody takes rets in RBGs, so let's do the same, If they do so, they're probably right ". But and able ret or ww monk is probably worth more than a medium warrior or dk.

Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    I'm playing Ret and Arms Warrior, mostly Ret. In terms of damage dealing, I would say I don't do much more on my warrior than on my ret. For tanking in BG/RBG, the warrior is the top tank. But globally, I enjoy Ret more, I always feel more useful, with our heal-assist-dps toolkit. I never ever survived as well as a warrior as I did as a ret. Finally, it's a matter of taste and aptitude. Finally, I'd say people often " follow the masses ". " Nobody takes rets in RBGs, so let's do the same, If they do so, they're probably right ". But and able ret or ww monk is probably worth more than a medium warrior or dk.
    I am currently 1600 rated, I was 1800 but had several losses cause it was the only teams I could find. I finally got into a good group the other day, we did 1 bg, won it. I did great, then they kicked me for a 800 rated War cause "wars are better then monks" as the RL put it.

It's sad, once again, people follow the masses, " Everyone does so, so that's probably true, let's not try making our own opinions on facts " and take the class instead of the player and his/her skill/experience. Next patch, many changes arrive for the monk, I hope it'll bring good news for you.

By the way, I'm leveling a monk, windwalker .... Many say it's crap, but when i see the toolkit, it reminds me Ret very much .... It has a great potential I think .... We'll have to prove it I guess, but don't give up ! I remember BC times when I had it very hard while reading " Paladins don't tank ", but what a reward when I read those who took me because they had no choice " Wow, I want a palatank in our roster ! ". I truly wish you the same in RBGs !

Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    It's sad, once again, people follow the masses, " Everyone does so, so that's probably true, let's not try making our own opinions on facts " and take the class instead of the player and his/her skill/experience. Next patch, many changes arrive for the monk, I hope it'll bring good news for you.

By the way, I'm leveling a monk, windwalker .... Many say it's crap, but when i see the toolkit, it reminds me Ret very much .... It has a great potential I think .... We'll have to prove it I guess, but don't give up ! I remember BC times when I had it very hard while reading " Paladins don't tank ", but what a reward when I read those who took me because they had no choice " Wow, I want a palatank in our roster ! ". I truly wish you the same in RBGs !
    The changes to monks wont change anyones mind, unless the tigerseye brew changes amps our damage. Cause no one wants a class unless it can do 500k in 2 secs.