Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will Hunters get changed in 5.2

GC has stated more then once they want to get rid of hunter bloat... yet the PTR is already live and there are basically 0 changes to hunters... It took YEARS for them to remove ammo after their first claimed they were going to do it... i guess we might lose our bloat come next X-pac at the rate they are going.

I can only see buffs and nerfs to abilities happening, specifically buffing MM. We will have to wait and see.

I don't think hunters are in for any major changes in 5.2. IMO most of the changes will be knob turns (in the words of GC)/number tweaks. The biggest/best thing that we could get is better scaling for MM to make it competitive with BM single target. Other than that I think hunters are in a good spot now. I still hate that we don't have a cleave of sorts for 2-4 target fights, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    I don't think hunters are in for any major changes in 5.2. IMO most of the changes will be knob turns (in the words of GC)/number tweaks. The biggest/best thing that we could get is better scaling for MM to make it competitive with BM single target. Other than that I think hunters are in a good spot now. I still hate that we don't have a cleave of sorts for 2-4 target fights, but oh well.
    What I would do for some type of cleave.

IMO... what they should do is add a small aoe to our explosive shot. I think it had it when it first came out. But off the top of my head, that would be the best start.

OR

Make the MM mastery cleave 1-2 targets instead of how wild quiver works now. The more mastery, the more % of damage the cleave does. OR the more mastery the higher the chance you have to cleave. I like the latter.

Who really likes the current wild quiver right now anyways.
    Last edited by Puerto; 2013-01-03 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post

IMO... what they should do is add a small aoe to our explosive shot. I think it had it when it first came out. But off the top of my head, that would be the best start.

Oh that would be lovely.

So Serpent Spread is not enough AOE/cleave for you? SV mastery buffed Exp Trap? SV does not need more AOE/cleave. I'm puzzled why that spec was brought into this. If you want to argue the definition of "cleave", take that up with the dozens of other threads already about that subject.
    BM does not really need it either with current abilities, MM i have to disagree with needing it at all for a way to buff damage.
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."

I doubt there will be any more big changes, we seem to be in a good spot. not OP, not underperforming, usefull on many fights, not often useless...
    the only thing we can't do well is 2 target cleaving, but there are other dedicated classes for that, that obviously do better. bot for everything else we have an answer.
    burst/single: BM, multidotting/AoE: SV, and we bring good survivability/utility (especially deterrance), and we don't take that much damage (take 15% less, need 10% less healing, theoretically we need 23% less healing than others without such abilites)
    I don't even want MM to become a good cleaver, aint got tripplespecc... ^^

Deleted
    Despite being a boring passive proc, Wild Quiver is what I find the most fun and exciting thing about the Marksmanship spec. It's certainly a lot more interesting compared to ''Y now does X% more damage''.

Marksmanship really doesn't need a cleave. It would be nice, but Survival fits that niche quite nicely. I personally just want to see the reverse execute thing removed. Or maybe turn it around, you get +1% crit for every 1% health missing on the target you are attacking. Not that I like a spec with absolute massive ramp up time but what we have right now isn't too pleasant to work with.

OR

Make the MM mastery cleave 1-2 targets instead of how wild quiver works now. The more mastery, the more % of damage the cleave does. OR the more mastery the higher the chance you have to cleave. I like the latter.

Can't tie mastery to a cleave effect, otherwise mastery becomes totally worthless on other fights. Unless you're talking "in addition to current effects" in which case mastery would probably scale ridiculously on multi-target fights, as it's already our second best stat and would probably surpass crit on certain fights.

Deleted
    I can only see buffs and nerfs to abilities happening, specifically buffing MM. We will have to wait and see.
    Ohlord, we dont want MM buffs, such a boring specc to raid with.

Probably will not be addressed until 6.0.

Arcane Shot needs to be added to Piercing Shots and Piercing Shots needs to apply from Chimera Shot even if it doesn't crit.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Marksmanship really doesn't need a cleave. It would be nice, but Survival fits that niche quite nicely. I personally just want to see the reverse execute thing removed. Or maybe turn it around, you get +1% crit for every 1% health missing on the target you are attacking. Not that I like a spec with absolute massive ramp up time but what we have right now isn't too pleasant to work with.
    Well Survival doesn't have much of a cleave now either so I don't see why people should mind MM getting one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Well Survival doesn't have much of a cleave now either so I don't see why people should mind MM getting one.
    No I agree that Survival doesn't technically have a cleave, but it's close enough. Why bother playing a spec with a cleave if you have a spec with superior AoE and multidot damage? If this new Marksmanship cleave would become too strong they have to nerf it's single target damage to prevent things from becoming too overpowered. And even then, Survival will most likely work better on more situations.

I know my logic is a little flawed, I just don't want to see Marksmanship turn into the new Combat Rogues.

Deleted
    GC said we had too many situational skills and wants to remove those. That's a bad thing for class diversity.
    GC said we don't have too many 'rotation skills' and not going to change it. This is a bad thing for our heads and hands.

Never been so tired after raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    yet the PTR is already live and there are basically 0 changes to hunters...
    first build of the PTR ~*~*~*~literally~*~*~*~ just went up

wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    first build of the PTR ~*~*~*~literally~*~*~*~ just went up

wtf
    annnnnnnnnd this LOL

Hey! I was bored at work yesterday and just came up with those ideas off the top of my head lol.

-Buff MM the spec has a huge community both in PVE and PVP and currently the spec is plain useless
    -Buff SV single target abit (i'd buff Black Arrow's dmg and/or ES)
    -Buff BM's Beast Cleave
    -Remove/Reduce the ridiculous amount of AMoC's focus cost like the did with Unholy's Gargoyle.
    -Replace PowerShot talent
    Last edited by Beoren; 2013-01-05 at 10:26 AM.

I don't know where some people here get the idea that Surv AOE is somehow awesome. Because it isn't, you still get dwarfed by DK, Mage and Ele AOE.

Yes Surv AOE ignores the AOE cap, but please name 1 fight where that is happening. Nope you can't. And the very first trash in MSV does not count.