Deleted

Healing as holy pala in 25 mans

Heya, I was just wondering if for 25 man heroic healing I should use a different build than 10 man HC as I have just joined a 25 man HC guild. I am currently using the 4-piece pvp (till I get 4-piece tier) with eternal flame build and was wondering if EF is as useful in 25 mans or if switching to Sacred Shield and using LoD more is better?

Eternal Flame is much better in 25 than it is in 10, with there being more people to roll EFs on that actually need healing, where in 10m you'll (if you're doing it right) always always run out of people to cast EF on, forcing you to overheal with it or sit on 5 HP.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    forcing you to overheal with it or sit on 5 HP.
    Why are you sitting on 5HP? If you're going to be wasting HP you might as well throw a LoD out.

It depends. I've found quite a lot of use for using my HP as a LoD cast instead of EF.

I've also found on fights where there is constant light / moderate damage that EF blankets work better.

Sacred Shield is not good compared to EF even if you use the LoD method because you can still beacon the tank and get a 5 people with EF and still LoD making it better than SS iirc. EF is just much easier to deal and heal more than 1 person than SS will ever be. If the other healers are confident in having to do the burst healing you should be ok to just knock out 2-3 HP EF's on the entire raid and cycle that until the end of the fight.

Aveline's amazing work!

Deleted
    So I should be aiming to get 3HP EF's on people rather than just 1HP EFing?

You have the PvP 4 piece, it's still quite easy to get 3 HP EFs out, not AS easy, but still easy. You won't ever see it on all 25 people obviously, unless you get a 25 string proc of DP lol which the odds are astronomically large to obtain.

I always snipe when EF blanketing.

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimripper View Post
    So I should be aiming to get 3HP EF's on people rather than just 1HP EFing?
    Depends on what your goal is here. If you are having little damage go off and you are wanting the HoT to roll on the beaconed person more often then 1HP EF is the same as a 3HP EF in terms of the HoT from what I've noticed. Not sure if it's a bug or not, but I've noticed the HoT will always be the same amount regardless of how strong the heal was.

Anywhere from 1500-4000 a tick. There's a big difference between a 1 HP EF and a 3 HP EF.

Don't forget than 50% is transferred to the beacon so if you have 10 people with 3 HP EFs you have essentially 20,000 heals every 3 seconds, or 6,667 hps JUST on the beacon. That's only 30 HP or 20 in the case of 4 pc PVP needing to be generated for that much. You can also get more procs from DP so it adds up quite quickly in the difference between 1 HP EF and 3 HP EF.

Aveline's amazing work!

If you're not finding anyone to put eternal flame on before getting to 5 hp then you're not looking hard enough. For sure you can substitute in one of your GCDs in between holy shocks for EF on someone who doesn't have it on them. Also, the instant heal component of EF is not why that spell is good. Random hot on raid targets will more often than not be useful in the net 30 seconds. I think EF is better in 10man because the bosses don't hit as hard. You can keep up the tank much easier through EF blanketing. On 25man, your time might be better spent casting big heals as the hots aren't going to do that much healing compared to the damage the tank is taking.
    Last edited by monikasun88; 2013-01-03 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Eternal Flame is much better in 25 than it is in 10, with there being more people to roll EFs on that actually need healing, where in 10m you'll (if you're doing it right) always always run out of people to cast EF on, forcing you to overheal with it or sit on 5 HP.
    That's really only true in one specific context, which is that you're ONLY raid healing. Even so, its nearly impossible to generate HP fast enough to have 10 3HP EF out simultaneously, given that you'd need to generate an average of just under 1 HP/s which is (realistically) impossible. If you're referring to 1-2HP EF blanketting, then sure, but he's using the pvp 4p so he shouldn't ever be using EF with less than 3 HP.

Seriosuly guys, please enlighten me. How the hell you manage to "run out of people to cast EF on in 10 mans"? Unless you have a crazy lucky chain of DP which happens once per hour. If you are using the 3HP EF, you will usually have not more than 3 targets affected at the same time, even factoring in DP procs. Unless you have enough mana regen to spam your beacon with DL during the entire fight which would give you more HP to spare. If that is the case, what is the level of spirit/regen you need to reach to be able to do that? Becouse I am not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    Seriosuly guys, please enlighten me. How the hell you manage to "run out of people to cast EF on in 10 mans"? Unless you have a crazy lucky chain of DP which happens once per hour. If you are using the 3HP EF, you will usually have not more than 3 targets affected at the same time, even factoring in DP procs. Unless you have enough mana regen to spam your beacon with DL during the entire fight which would give you more HP to spare. If that is the case, what is the level of spirit/regen you need to reach to be able to do that? Becouse I am not there yet.
    I think he's saying you run out of people to effectively heal with EF, meaning that to "blanket" you just put it on full-health targets and have a good chunk of the initial heal and HoTs going to overheal.

You'd still EF them, but in 25m it's more likely that there's people who have taken damage who can be healed with it.

That and you do essentially 'run out' of people in 10 man to put EF blankets on at lucky points. You can get a couple chain procs and have everyone in a 10 man with the EF, sure you can refresh it but it's still running out of people to put a new one on.

In 25 man it's statistically impossible (barring a 25 proc of DP) to get everyone with a 3 hopo EF.

Aveline's amazing work!