Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    Doesn't matter what you want to call me. What i stated is the process of Game Development, if you like it or not. And no, recruiting a Programmer for such a short project specifically is absolutely ridicilous, as the work-in for those would take longer and more resource than they could provide after it.
    What they could do, is recruiting more people in general, what they are doing by the way. One quick glance at Blizzard's Site http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...egion=Americas would've told you the following: yes, they ARE increasing their manpower, since liker forever. They ARE making features based on our feedback, as i said before.

Sitting there claiming things like "Nuh uh, they could put a little effort into it" is just an rather shallow attack on Blizzard, and nothing short of that.

So you may call me a hypocrite when you feel better about it, or you can actually correct your view about a whole industry based on knowledge rather than your opinion.

Ps: the point about the "relic" was specifically aimed at the NO-TECH Complain People spout. Yes, it is possible that they need to do those things from scratch. Furthermore, there is absolutely no reason for them to lie about that part, from a business standpoint there is nothing to gain.
    You have to admit that the possible solutions are not that far fetched and not quite hard to implement if you ask me. If they can take the effort for hunters, who don’t share the same animations whatsoever between bow, crossbow and gun, then it’s not too hard to implement following rules:

1. weapons can only be transmogged into weapons the class can wear. (so no fist->swords for shamans) (and isn’t that already the case??)
    2. daggers are an exclusion for this and can only be transmogged into other daggers (for now, until they put more priority into animations so that that rule can be lifted as well)
    3. OH-MH-1H restrictions are lifted (already being done as we speak) so that we can also use caster daggers.

Add to that the effort they have done for rogues until now (or at least the perception of it), and you cannot blame people for being sceptic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    No it affects monks, warlocks and mages pretty much the same as rogues.. It even affects SMF warriors who wanted to use fist weapons instead swords.....

I agree, that limitation is stupid and I completely don't get why it's there..

Well actually I do - and the reasoning is even more stupid.. Blizz once said that the big problem with transmogging weapon types are.. Titan grip warriors who could then transmog into 2x polearms - and Blizz is "not happy" with animations of TG polearms...
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Blizzard-News

So they couldn't make it possible for swords into polearms transmog.. So they came with those stupid rules :/
    TG polearm fix:

Dagger animations. Polearms are typically stabbing and sweeping weapons anyway.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Outrageous! Fist weapons have some of the best models in the game!
    But yes, I don't see why they can't hang from the hip as most other 1hs, probably because Blizzard is not prioritizing making different sheathe/unsheathe animations. They don't seem to be any closer to making DW-animations for polearms so..
    well I kinda hate fist weapons with a vengeance, especially since they always seem to cut my legs (might be the reason of the poor rogue mobility?) and always hide out of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    TG polearm fix:

I know, you don't have to convince me that it could and should be fixed..

Personally, from the first day of transmogg I'm saying that all classes should be able to transmog between all wapon types that are equipable by them (with 1h->1h and 2h->2h limitation)...
    I dubt that they'd change their minds before 5.2.. maybe later? :/ sitll I'm happy they are moving in right direction, sadly slowly :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

TG polearm fix:

Yeah that does fix it thank goodness there are only two animations used when attacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Yeah that does fix it thank goodness there are only two animations used when attacking.
    Daggers work with those other animations == Polearms would work with those animations.

It doesn't have to look amazing in combat. Honestly, who pays that much attention to their character animations in combat anyway? Certainly nobody who could care that much, if they're not constantly bitching about clipping.

At any rate, that was just an example.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Daggers work with those other animations == Polearms would work with those animations.

It doesn't have to look amazing in combat. Honestly, who pays that much attention to their character animations in combat anyway? Certainly nobody who could care that much, if they're not constantly bitching about clipping.

At any rate, that was just an example.
    Then there would be just as many people complaining that transmog is breaking animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You've not spent much time in model viewer, eh? Those are the only two auto attacking animations for daggers. All but 3 races also use only 2 auto attacking animations for their weapons. The pole arms look just as good during the 1H special attack animations for all the races I've messed with and only look ridiculous during raging blow, but honestly a warrior using the mutilate animation with two handers was ridiculous in the first place. It actually looks better with spears than it does with maces or axes.

I'm not understanding the negativity here. Are you defending their choices? If so, please feel free to contribute with a little logic behind your opinions.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    It actually looks better with spears than it does with maces or axes.
    "I's gonna stab you with my mauls!"

I have no idea what they were thinking... i mean, sure, that's gonna hurt, but how does one even do that?

All of this talk about animations being tied to weapons is absurd. It's the character doing the animation, not the weapon. If you were to use a Skymirror or any other kind of transformation item that gives you the appearance of different weapons, (e.g. anything that's not a dagger for rogues) they'd still be able to Mutilate.

To clarify, what I mean is it's possible to do dagger animations with axes, and sword animations with fist weapons, etc. It is possible.
    Last edited by Gravemind; 2013-01-04 at 07:56 PM.

As far as I can remember, they never said it is a technical restriction, the same way it is not a technical restriction to 'mog your mace to cookie's tenderizer, but an artistic (?) one.

I personally just hope that they never make a fist weapon again if they don't let you transmog fists to anything but other fists. I got my hopes up this change would let me use some of the cooler sword models.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems more likely the issue comes with the ability to transmog into weapons your class can't use, and cross-class weaponry.

Daggers are used by rogues and casters; if they can't restrict transmog to allowing mogging agility daggers into something else, we've suddenly got fist-wielding warlocks again. Shaman can't use swords, but can use fists... which seems most likely* to be causing the disparity we're seeing.

I'd be happy to find an exception to the rule/pattern I'm seeing here though.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    Completely ignoring Main hand, Off hand regulations.
    This is one of the parts that has me the most excited, as the purple crystal spellmace off the 3rd boss in Mt Hyjal is what I wanted for my Pally's Prot xmog look to go with his Hammer of the Naaru for his Ret look.

About damn time. The mainhand vs onehand restriction was one of the dumbest ones that came up with.

Time to go back to Mt Hyjal and farm my mace!

Shaman cant use swords mugajak but axes and maces can still be transmoged to swords so i dont think it has to do with classes using weapon types they cant normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    It seems more likely the issue comes with the ability to transmog into weapons your class can't use, and cross-class weaponry.

Daggers are used by rogues and casters; if they can't restrict transmog to allowing mogging agility daggers into something else, we've suddenly got fist-wielding warlocks again. Shaman can't use swords, but can use fists... which seems most likely* to be causing the disparity we're seeing.

I'd be happy to find an exception to the rule/pattern I'm seeing here though.
    Isn't there a rule that you can only 'mog to/from stuff you can use + highest useable armor quality?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Shaman cant use swords mugajak but axes and maces can still be transmoged to swords so i dont think it has to do with classes using weapon types they cant normally.
    I knew I had to be missing something. Yeah, I don't know why then.

Deleted
    i went and got the fist of deity today for my shamans daggers (yes i know) so i hope this gets changed

Quote Originally Posted by Smilezor View Post
    i went and got the fist of deity today for my shamans daggers (yes i know) so i hope this gets changed
    why does your shaman have daggers

So, does anyone have any sick spell daggers in mind for xmog next patch?