Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    5.2 transmog changes can be summed up like this:

If it has the same animation, it can be changed to it.

Its that simple. Did you even read the patch notes? There are no weapons that share animations with fist weapons or daggers.
    It's just a design choice to allow transmog for same animation weapons. People shouldn't make more of it than it is.

Out of curiosity, I used my skymirror on our feral druid last night and took on his appearance. I was still able for perform all of the movements of my rotation with my cat paws. Seemed like they just subbed in the "swipe" animation for pretty much everything. Judging from this I highly doubt any of this is a technical flaw and more of a gameplay design choice. I also used my skymirror on a random fury warrior that was using titan's grip with two axes after raiding was done. Performed mutilates fine, but they looked just as dumb as raging blow does on a warrior lol. I'm personally just happy they introduced transmogging at all, even with restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelyn View Post
    "Different Animations" is in reference to this weapon has animations for these abilities/attacks and this weapon does not. Anything you can do with a Bow, you can do with a Gun. However, axes do not have an animation for Mutilate, so transmogging an axe onto a dagger wouldn't work. Polearms and Staves should work because anything you can do with a Polearm equipped can also be done with a stave. They're not adding additional animations for this fix. My impression is anything that can be done without an animation overhaul will be available.
    Have a good look at warriors Raging blow.. Big ass mutilate rehash staring us all in the face there.
    Lazy coders are being frikkin lazy

On a side note... When using Shadow Blades while wielding daggers, your animation turns into 'slashing' attacks as if you were using an axe/sword. So, I don't see why daggers cannot be transmogged into those sources.

Deleted
    Will be changed to include fists to mace/axe/sword soon I'd imagine but not daggers.
    Daggers are just too different and although I enjoy seeing the mainhand love of a big nasty weapon for a dagger I don't think it should be, to me somethings should stay within limitations.

Saying that I would love to see more legendaries running around :P

I've been playing rogue for years.

If you offered to pay me $1 million to act out any special attack animation other than mutilate I'd never be able to do it.

Thank goodness they're updating character models sometime in the next 20 years so we might be able to overcome this "animation" issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swineflew View Post
    I've been playing rogue for years.

If you offered to pay me $1 million to act out any special attack animation other than mutilate I'd never be able to do it.

Thank goodness they're updating character models sometime in the next 20 years so we might be able to overcome this "animation" issue.
    And for 10 bucks I could physically act out the dagger attack (Main/Off) and the 1Hspecial attack animation for every male race in the game and most female. Attention to detail is something that comes naturally to some of us and its these people that new animations are extremely important to. See how that new point of view concept works?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I'm all for new animations, but using it as an excuse seems lame. After the complete disregard for helm issues alone it seems weird that this is where they take their stand.

Deleted
    Weapon types that can be transmogrified to each other:
    Ranged weapons (bows, crossbows and guns)
    Two-handed axes, maces, and swords
    One-handed axes, maces, and swords
    Staves and polearms
    This leaves daggers, fist weapons, wands, shields and off-hand items as incompatible to other weapon types.

Closing - huge necro and the argument/question has been already answered.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.